Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 330 total)
  • Jeremy Clarkson continues to be a moron
  • bearnecessities

The sooner motorists realize they’re the second lower class road users the better

😉

Sancho
    Free Member

you should make em wait.

why? what do you get out of it?, and who cares, the sooner they are on their way, the safer you will be.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Valid point, poorly made.

Poor sod was probably annoyed at being dragged to PJ’s.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeremy Clarkson continues to……. annoy the resident Attention Seekers on here.

The only attention seeker I’ve seen here so far is you bn. Poor point, as poorly and unintelligently made as ever. To be fair to you though, you never let us down with your (thankfully, these days) rare postings.

samuri
    Free Member

why? what do you get out of it?, and who cares, the sooner they are on their way, the safer you will be.

Lets say I stop on the left allowing the car to pull alongside. I’m still not clear why the car drivers journey is more important than mine but lets ignore that for the moment. So we’re both stopped, the driver is concious (hopefully) that there’s a live person next to them. It’s now time to go. The driver will do one of two things in my experience. Either floor it (that’s safe isn’t it?), or in a fit of rage/panic/indecisiveness, squash me against the kerb/railings. With me in front of them, they *have* to wait and therefore don’t do anything stupid like kill me. If you’re unclear on how dangerous this situation is then might I suggest you read up on the statistics for cyclists killed, London, 2013. You’ll find a great many occur at lights as they change to green.

What do I get out of it? I get moving and up to speed, get myself into a safe position of my choosing and have control of my part of the road. Just like the driver does.

Who cares? Hmmm, well everyone really. I certainly don’t fancy getting squashed, I’m sure it’ll really piss my family off, It’ll upset the person whose car I happen to be jammed under and what about all the people stuck in a queue behind my fatal accident?

The sooner they are on their way? You realise there’s more than one car on the road don’t you? Once the car immediately behind you passes, there’s another one right behind it.

The point is that car drivers take ownership of the road when they’re driving along. It’s a standard part of driving and it’s actually safer for drivers to do so. Bus drivers do it, lorry drivers do it, milk float drivers do it. And no-one complains but if a cyclist does it it’s a major issue?

Plus presumably this is in London so the cyclist is going to be moving faster than cars on average anyway. It’s a waste of time overtaking him because he’ll pass you back shortly.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A smug feeling of superiority.

No but seriously, there are way to many undercover **** in britain. They all appear nice and friendly, but as soon as they get in a car they turn into a **** nightmare. They need a good hiding.

ninfan
    Free Member

Is it me or is that cyclist stopped ON the zebra crossing?

Either that or he’s headed off before the pedestrian left the crossing!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its the perfect position for that scenario. Who wants to be overtaken by a 4×4 that close to a junction and clearly the cyclist got there first? Unfortunately sometimes you need to do that to stop a driver doing something stupid like say try and overtake by a pedestrian crossing 20 yds from a junction.
    I cannot think of any reason to be in the gutter tbh. Even if i was turning left i would not in case the car overtook me and tried to turn left as well. there is no room to execute that move safely that close to the junction
    I guess they would pull over when they thought it safe to pass if not they may have a point.

Ti be clear, the cyclist I tweeted about earlier rode constantly right in the middle of the lane and hurled abuse at anyone who overtook.

Did the cyclist also back pedal or just the driver using a phone in a car?
    Not that i am accusing the noble clarkson of making something up for effect.

jools182
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

I agree with him. And I’m quite happy to let cyclists have both barrels if they are lane hoggers or sanctimonious idiots with a hatred of motorists in general

Yes I guess I am a ‘cyclist’, but not a selfish one. And incredulous as it may seem, some cyclists drive cars too.

Don’t have to ride too defensively as long as I’m always aware what’s going on around me.

Cannot stand the whole 2 abreast thing in built up areas, country lanes and dual carriageways maybe, but doing it when the roads are busy is just plain antagonistic.

this +1

cynic-al
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    Lets say I stop on the left allowing the car to pull alongside. I’m still not clear why the car drivers journey is more important than mine but lets ignore that for the moment.

Who’s saying it is? Why not just accept that you can let him/her go on their way safely and quickly without holding them up?

So we’re both stopped, the driver is concious (hopefully) that there’s a live person next to them. It’s now time to go. The driver will do one of two things in my experience. Either floor it (that’s safe isn’t it?), or in a fit of rage/panic/indecisiveness, squash me against the kerb/railings

Oh FFS 🙄 – of course they never pull away quite safely, and all zebras/pelicans etc are littered with the dead cyclists that are killed by the hundred every hour.

🙄

samuri
    Free Member

I don’t understand why when a car driver is stuck behind me for a few seconds it’s a bone of contention and when they’re stuck behind a bus or a lorry for ages it’s not. As I said, it clearly not an issue because I’ve never had anyone complain about this behaviour. Not once.

Unfortunately, lots of junctions were littered with dead cyclists this year.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Hmm, I doubt it. Have you seen how many absolute **** drive cars? If you’re a cyclist, you should make em wait. Obviously there are plenty of car drivers who don’t mind waiting, but when motorists start beeping their horns, I’m not gonna pull over to let them past.

Your attitude is as bad as any I’ve come cross, its “**** you mate, I’m alright.’

Incredibly selfish, you’re as bad the idiots you bemoan!

A smug feeling of superiority.

No but seriously, there are way to many undercover **** in britain. They all appear nice and friendly, but as soon as they get in a car they turn into a **** nightmare. They need a good hiding.

How old are you? 10??? I reckon you’ve some serious issues that mean you feel the need to exert your ‘manliness’ in an utterly pointless & futile manner. Some day you’ll regret it. Learn from this guy:

Exactly.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How old are you? 10??? I reckon you’ve some serious issues that mean you feel the need to exert your ‘manliness’ in an utterly pointless & futile manner. Some day you’ll regret it. Learn from this guy:

You’re a Range Rover driver so chances of you being a **** are greatly increased. Hopoefully I’ll hold you up one day aswell.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You’re a Range Rover driver so chances of you being a **** are greatly increased. Hopoefully I’ll hold you up one day swell.

My mistake, I reckon you’re an advanced 2 yr old.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You must have some serious “manliness” issues if you choose to buy a Range Rover

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You must have some serious “manliness” issues if you choose to buy a Range Rover

Quantify that remark.

edit: 2nd thoughts, don’t bother. I’ve learnt not to argue with idiots.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I don’t know what that word means.

But it’s well known that people buy a big/powerful car to make up for a small penis or a lack of height or a lack of character or a lack of attracting members of the opposite sex etc. etc.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why not just accept that you can let him/her go on their way safely and quickly without holding them up?

As easily as they can leave you in front for the next 20 yards
    I could get off the bike and not ride if we are going to start using extreme examples

Samurai is correct and why would you let a car past that close to a junction – what if there is a line of 6 cars behind just wait for them all to pass?
    What of you are turning right etc

The safest place for the cyclist is where they are for that scenario it is not safe to try and overtake that close to a junction and we do not know which way the cyclist wants to turn either.

I agree with him. And I’m quite happy to let cyclists have both barrels if they are lane hoggers or sanctimonious idiots with a hatred of motorists in general

I am not sure how you can tell their hatred [and , as you note, they are probably a motorist too ] but I am sure your both barrels helps us all share space together

Yes I guess I am a ‘cyclist’, but not a selfish one.

You save that for the car?

Don’t have to ride too defensively as long as I’m always aware what’s going on around me.

Is being aware not riding defensively? For example being aware the road narrows ahead of you and there is not room to be overtaken so you look for cars and fit into a gap where it is safe or you put the bike in the middle of the lane so they cannot overtake – only not paying attention or caring could be classed as not riding defensively.

In this case you either wait by the side or you take the middle of the road either is defensive.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I don’t know what that word means

I stand corrected, you’re a retarded teenager. Maybe just hit puberty, maybe..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

No, I’m a motorist aswell. Except I have patience and manners. I give way to pedestrians and cyclists, and I drive a honda civic that doesnt punish the environment.

PJ266
    Free Member

But it’s well known that people buy a big/powerful car to make up for a small penis or a lack of height or a lack of character or a lack of attracting members of the opposite sex etc. etc.

Thats what everyone with a small. slow car says.

To quantify that remark, I drive a classic mini 8)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thats what everyone with a small. slow car says.

To quantify that remark, I drive a classic mini

😀

Oh, really?

Perhaps they just fancy a big, powerful car?

Or perhaps they have more money than bitter and twisted STW forum members?

Or perhaps, they do think, hold on, my nob isn’t as big as davidtaylforth, I’d best buy a big motor?

Just for the record – I think Clarkson is an absolute legend!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Or perhaps, they do think, hold on, my nob isn’t as big a nob as davidtaylforth, I’d best buy a big motor?

scotroutes

The only legend round these parts is davidtaylforth.

Especially when he is on form!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

in befopre anyone else could

Junkyard
    Free Member

My car is smaller than davids 8)

martinhutch

DT earlier, just after smokin’ some loser off the lights in his 1.4 ecomachine…

bearnecessities

People see me and they see a good driver. People try and race me and I’ll beat them. Even in my 1.4 civic

I love posts like this!

EDIT: Where has what I’ve just quoted gone? Oh, I’m too slow for this shit!

cynic-al
    Free Member

junkyard

As easily as they can leave you in front for the next 20 yards I could get off the bike and not ride if we are going to start using extreme examples

Samurai is correct and why would you let a car past that close to a junction – what if there is a line of 6 cars behind just wait for them all to pass? What of you are turning right etc

If going straight ahead or left, I don’t see the drawback to pulling in there, if there is room.

Nor do I see how the cyclist benefits from taking the primary position. The way you and samurai talk, it’s as if to do anything else guarantees an RTC.

kimbers

Cycled round there a fair bit and to be honest the driving is pretty poor, and theres a lot of 4x4s trying to squeeze down narrow roads lined with other 4x4s (they’re not called Chelsea tractors for nothing)
    For ref within a few 100 meters of there I’ve seen Bernie ecclestone peering thru the steering wheel of a Porsche Cayenne and Charlie Boorman driving a defender
    Never seen Clarckson driving but used to see him strolling down the road from waitrose with his beer gut hanging out and a fag on the go.
    Anyway definitely a place to ride defensively and from the one pic there the cyclist is doing nothing wrong other than raising Jezza’s blood pressure

Junkyard
    Free Member

If going straight ahead or left, I don’t see the drawback to pulling in there, if there is room.
    Nor do I see how the cyclist benefits from taking the primary position. The way you and samurai talk, it’s as if to do anything else guarantees an RTC.

Depends what the car behind tries to do – i want to go straight on it turns left without indicating – I am in trouble. might be 6 other cars behind etc. That lane looks fairly narrow with a 4×4 passing- assuming they give me 4 foot they are on the other side of the road anyway to get past. If I am in front i dont have to worry about what they try to do. It minimises my chances of being an RTA versus your approach – nothing removes it.

Is the ambulance parked as well on the junction? I assume not but if it is then would you still hug the left?

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s you isn’t it Kimbers?

samuri
    Free Member

That’s not true. It’s a risk reduction exercise. It harms no-one, anyone who gets held up for a few seconds will simply get stuck in the next traffic jam a few seconds later anyway, it lessens risk for everyone. I’m not condoning cycling along in the middle of the road for 3 miles, simply taking control in specific circumstances when the risk is higher.

RustySpanner

So, to summarise:

Clarkson behaves like a **** towards a cyclist.

Some of those who want to sleep with him see the truth and regognise him for the prick he is.

Others who want to sleep with him refuse to see anything wrong;
    Despite all the evidence they continue to insist ‘he doesn’t really mean it’ and that having a sense of humour means you have to listen to the ravings of a bigot and find it funny.

Let’s be honest.
    Clarkson is a prick.
    He’s made a fortune from making people he can’t stand think that he actually likes them.

He’s reached a level well beyond the sarcasm of Alf Garnett or Borat, the jokiness that characterises an attempt to out idiots by faking stupidity.
    He went right through the other side years ago and now appeals to the very people some of you think he’s laughing at.

He isn’t.
    He’s laughing at you.

cynic-al – Member

Nor do I see how the cyclist benefits from taking the primary position.

I don’t believe you.

Face it, Jeremy hates you.
    That romantic weekend you planned, just the two of you?
    Not going to happen.

bob_summers

Why do some drivers get apoplectic about losing 30 seconds behind a cyclist but not when behind another driver who is crawling along looking for a parking space then takes ages to reverse park while the whole street waits?

Cyclist in pic is in correct position. As already mentioned ^ the last thing he wants is the RR to come past then left hook him into that side road.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, just a debate about road use, Rusty.

Why do you love polarising stuff so much? Odd behaviour from an anti Big Hitter.

RustySpanner

cynic-al – Member

No, just a debate about road use, Rusty.

It’s not though, is it?

Why do you love polarising stuff so much?

I find it amusing. 🙂

In this case, amusing AND true.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m happy to engage with you on this offline Rusty (as you have emailed me in the past when you didn’t like my posting, which didn’t even involve you), but I see you have removed your email address from your profile.

I am curious as to why you are bothering, unless you are jealous of my ssupposed affection for JC.

RustySpanner

cynic-al – Member

I’m happy to engage with you on this offline Rusty (as you have emailed me in the past when you didn’t like my posting, which didn’t even involve you)

I did.
    Basically, I got sand in my privates and failed to see the humour in your posts.

I’ve always had a pop at Top Gear/The Blessed JC on this forum.
    I often exaggerate my actual level of hatred against things for comic effect.
    It’s what I do with my mates in real life – I’ve carried it over onto hear rather than pretend to be something I’m not.

Sorry I offended you – as per our earlier e-mail exchange, it’s not personal.

I really thought you of all people wouldn’t have been so easily offended, by a single post, especially one so obviously exaggerated and not intended to be taken 100% seriously.

Ah well, just when we were all getting on so nicely. 😀

I am curious as to why you are bothering, unless you are jealous of my ssupposed affection for JC.

Really?
    I was waiting for some eggs to poach.
    I’ve eaten them now.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 330 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Clarkson continues to be a moron’ is closed to new replies.