Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Jenson USA, import duty?
  • ton

looking to buy some stuff, do you get stung with import duty if you buy from jenson usa?

anyone used them.

scotroutes

Yes. And VAT

ton

cheers Colin.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Over £15 and you’re subject to VAT. Duty on anything over £135 but not if the duty comes to less than £9. VAT 20%, duty varies depending on what you are buying. You can look them up on HMRC.

VAT applies to the shipping cost and the duty also.

On top, the courier who delivers it in the UK and takes your money for the fees will charge you a nice chunk for their efforts.

Finally, if delivered in the UK by Royal Mail (not Parcel Force) you might get away with not paying as it a random hit, but will have to be a small parcel item. Most couriers will hit you straight off. Some pay the fees up front and send you a bill.

tomhoward

Worth noting that if the product doesn’t have VAT attached in this country, you don’t have to pay it if you import it. For example helmets.

I bought one but they put the wrong tax code against it (said it was a handlebar), but because ups just paid the duty and tax, they wouldn’t deliver it until I paid up. After loads of faffing I eventually got the money back, from HMRC, but something to be aware of.

Apart from that, they were great, from order to delivered in 25 hours.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Yep used them a few yrs ago to buy a Titus frame, import duty was vat + 4% as its a bicycle part (paid to fedex to release the frame).. great service though, 2 days delivery from the states

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Jenson USA, import duty?’ is closed to new replies.