Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Jennings. Surely the best brewery in the UK
  • Mugboo

John drummer

If ducati can call there Shipley shop the Leeds branch then Saltaire Brewery aren’t pushing it too far 🙂

If you Bradford lads haven’t tried the Sparrow Bier Cafe then make a trip soon..

john_drummer
    Free Member

fair point. Like Evans “Leeds” is actually in Castleford. WF postcode, Wakefield council, non-Leeds phone area

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Yeah, been in the Sparrow a few times now, it’s great for interesting American beer, trouble is most of them are dead strong and before you know it, bubbles are being blown. 😆

Reluctant
    Free Member

Jennings isn’t my favourite brewery, but it’s nice enough and reasonably priced too. I like to buy a few to support them as they had such a bad time in the floods last year – I hope they’re back on track. For Southern dwellers, Morrisons is the most reliable supplier for a pint of Snecklifter.

fff Brewery – Alton’s Pride accounts for 20% of my body mass. We ride with Graham, the owner and brewer. He essentially has managed to make liquid pasta. Lovey Stuff (not my words).

infidel
    Free Member

Shere brewery – Shere drop is lovely. +1 for darkstar as well. I’m also quite fond of TEA from the hogs back brewery and my local, Harveys is quite good too.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Been drinking a lot of this recently, bloody lovely:

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Kelham Island brewery – Easy rider
    Saltaire brewery- Blonde
    Abbeydale brewery – Absolution
    Timothy Taylor’s – Landlord
    Everard’s – Tiger

thristy now 😛

lowey
    stumpy01

Badger is one of my favourites, I reckon.

Wychwood is pretty good too.

And while Charles Wells probably isn’t niche enough for the likes of STW, you can’t beat a nice pint of Bombadier, or for that matter their Banana Bread beer or a nice glass of Waggledance…..

Mmmmmm! Beer…

Oooooh, Theakstons…….mustn’t forget Theakstons…..

xiphon
    Free Member

Ringwood Brewery fan over here 🙂

Had a keg of Ringwood Best at our wedding…. happy days!

Hawkshead Brewery make some beautiful beers too.

jimster
    Free Member

Thwaites Wainwright are my personal preference at the moment…

SA Gold isn’t bad either, or Blacksheep, not forgetting Doom, Shropshire Lad, Bathams….

feel a sicky coming on and spending the day in the Nags, pity I’m skint. 😡

Haze

My brewery, yesterday…

ourmaninthenorth

If you can find it though, the best session ale is Hobson’s Twisted Spire, only 3.6% but loads of flavour.

I bought a couple of bottles on spec on a recent trip to Worcs. Absolutely superb.

I lover the sheer variety of beers available, and the fact that standards are being raised all the time.

I grew up in the next village to Hooky. I still have left an single unopened bottle of their Shining Light, which was brewed to celebrate the 150th anniversary of my school.

Now, however, living in Lancs, my two favourites are from close by:

Southport Brewery – their Golden Sands, Sandgrounder and Natterjack are superb. Served in my local on regular rotation.

and

My true favourite is Prospect Brewery of Standish, with their Silver Tally and Blinding Light being possibly the finest beers I know. Link to vid of Oz Clarke and James May visiting the brewery

Oh, and honourable mention to Phoenix Brewery of Heywood whose Arizona is quite magnificent.

Long live British brewing..! 😀

senorj

Jennings – best brewery in britain +1. – I’m biased though.

Cumberland cream – if you can get it is gorgeous.

London Ale alert – I was in St John’s – Archway boozer, on Sunday night and they had Cockerhoop on tap. woop .
    I had two whole pints. 😯 😀

Next fave is that Timothy Taylor landlord , followed by that Doom bar stuff . I now fancy a pint – may have to take half a day!!

ourmaninthenorth

Bank Top. Thread closed.

Another good call.

Shame beer is off my #idiet… 🙁

Reluctant
    Free Member

My beer last night…. Not what it says on the glass, but a stout called Profanity, on offer at £1 a bottle from Sainsburys – very nice too!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

There can be only one

bikebouy
    Free Member

All interesting beer’idge..

But..

THe Flower Pots in Cheriton (Hants) brews the best beer “like eva”

Houns

You all clearly know nothing

Wye Valley

Thread closed

StirlingCrispin

Bridge of Allan Brewery, near Stirling gets my vote.

The beer’s excellent, they open late if we ask them, and they don’t care how muddy we are. They even sell dog biscuits.

jimster
    Free Member

You all clearly know nothing

Wye Valley

Thread closed

Yes, the Butty Bach is very nice – but Best Brewery? 😕 Not convinced.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Thornbridge is pretty great too.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

any self respecting brewery wouldn’t dream of putting beer in a bottle to go stale . . .

Thread closed, . . again!! 😀

sobriety
    Free Member

Black Isle Brewery

My parents got me a mixed case of their ales for my Birthday, every single one was exceptionally good.

Houns

Bathams brewery is about a mile from my house. Craddocks is even closer and nicer,

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do tell me “informed ones”.. Why do breweries call their beer(s) such stupid names?

Butty Bach? Qui?

Houns

No idea…but imo Wye Valley don’t make a bad pint, even their ltd editions are great

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

20 years ago this would have been a much closer competition because there wasnt as much choice and so much of it was utter crap, now just about anyone is producing half decent beer.

As to what part of the UK can serve a decent pint of beer, that is a different matter all together IMO. IMO West Yorkshire and the Pennines is the best place to get a decent pulled pint.

Haze

I work over the road from Pardoes.

Ashamed to admit I’ve not been in since I started here 7 months ago!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“If you Bradford lads haven’t tried the Sparrow Bier Cafe then make a trip soon..”

Just googled it, and that would mean having to go in to the centre of Bradford though 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

Micro Breweries are abumndant in Hants and if you take in West Sussex (herumph) and Wiltshire too then you are bombarded with choice.

Long may that continue IMHO..

Oh and Bakeries too, they seem to be popping up all over the place..

Next we’ll be growing our own veg and planting Olives..

derekrides
    Free Member

You Northern Folk need to remember who saved your arses so you can create your horrendous brews

Kent – Beer Savior of the free world

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ll agree with the OP. Cumberland Ale, Cocker Hoop and Sneck Lifter are all superb.

My wife could tell that Cocker Hoop was from the same brewery as (her favourite) Cumberland Ale because of the “pure water” taste.

There are other nice beers of course.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do tell me “informed ones”.. Why do breweries call their beer(s) such stupid names?

A lot of people choose the beer on the name on the clip alone. A long time ago, I worked in a brewery and we produced a little something called Pigswill. Sold very well, as people liked the name. In other cases, there’s something personal about a brew and the name comes from that, or perhaps there’s a historical/local link to it. Either way, a good/funny/interesting name sells a lot of beer.

messiah
    Free Member

My current favourite is Tryst Raj IPA

Looking forward to trying many of Scotlands best shortly 8)

http://www.stonehavenrealalefestival.co.uk/

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Watches onion’s video clip. Weeps tears of joy)

Beer snobbishness/facism/parochialism is stupid. Everyone has different tastes, and it’s fantastic that we live in a nation which produces such an incredible range of beers. Go to other countries, like Spain f’rinstance, and try to find such beer-o-diversity.

I always like to try ‘local’ beers whenever I go to other places. Had some right lovely stuff, and some not so good pints, but beer is good.

To say that ‘X brewery is best’ or rubbish like ‘ee the only place where you can get a good pint is Y’, is just daft.

As to what part of the UK can serve a decent pint of beer, that is a different matter all together IMO. IMO West Yorkshire and the Pennines is the best place to get a decent pulled pint.

See? Codswallop. Every area could claim that.

Beer is one of the few things that can help unite us in this nation, and we should celebrate it as we should celebrate all forms of diversity and choice.

vorlich
    Free Member

Williams Bros. Obviously

rewski
    Free Member

Going to Eastbourne Beer Festival at the weekend, will look out for some of the above, some of my current and all time favourites, and I make no apologies for a US ale, splendid summer beer.

Harvey’s of Lewes: Best Bitter, Copperwheat
    Brewdog: Punk IPA, Hardcore IPA
    Sierra Nevada: IPA, Torpedo

ransos
    Free Member

We really are lucky to have such a wide range of great beers in this country. Apart from Belgium, I can’t think of anywhere else that comes close.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Jennings. Surely the best brewery in the UK’ is closed to new replies.