Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Jehovahs whitnesses…
  • BIGMAN
    Free Member

I found it relatively amusing that our dogs had a family of 3 pinned in a corner outside house…

Since that incident they have not been seen!

IanMunro
    Free Member

This lot are ace!
    http://www.panacea-society.org/home.htm
    They believe that this allotment in Bedford was the original garden of Eden

And own a small terrace house nearby for when the lord returns.

oldgit
    Free Member

There's a bunch that gather near me, lots of chicks in tight black skirts I'd join them 😛

Phil_H

Get some blood donor leaflets & when they come to the door hand them one. that should do the trick.

konabunny
    Free Member

I've never had a visit from JWs, ever. I don't see how hard it can be to say "I'm not interested, sorry, and it's probably better if you don't call again".

Just answer the door naked with a pentacle drawn on your chest (preferably in blood)

So change from normal behaviour needed then?

chewkw
    Free Member

Be polite to them by saying no but if they come back again just explain to them you are definitely not interested.

In my teen my mum used to have two ladies (between 55 to 60 yr old) visiting her from JW every few months. At their age my mum felt sorry for them to have to walk far to preach so invited them in to give them some drinks and food before letting them continued on their god's work. They were kind and polite but not sure what they could do since my mum was a good "Christian" so they usually chat and left some "story books" for us. I am not into any of the Abrahamic faith so just read the "story books" while in the toilet doing number 2.

:mrgreen:

Flaperon

"He said Jehovah!"

hora
    Free Member

I've got time for religious door-knockers because they believe soo much in something that they are willing to knock unpaid on someones door to get the humility of rejection.

I'm not keen for someone to knock on my door on behalf of someone who has dropped us £700,000,000,000 in debt thought.

We had Labour party activists knocking on our door and the claw hammer would have come out.

grynch
    Free Member

The guy that takes care of our garden is a Witness ( found out they don't like being called Jehovah's.. oops.. *L* ) but we only found out that first year he worked for us when we gave him his Christmas bonus.

He's never tried the "have you read this…" crap on us and yes he took the bonus.

user-removed
    Free Member

Our cleaning lady when I was a kid was a jovi. She was always at me (I was 12) to join up or at least sit and talk about it for two hours…

I was eventually 'got at' and agreed to read some giant books which she'd brought for me. Unfortunately, I made a book maze for my gerbils to run around in and they decided that the biggest, and most expensive looking book was the perfect place to make a getaway.

They chewed right through the binding and pretty much destroyed it (I found the pesky rodents later, having a snooze behind the snake tank (!). She never offered to leave any more books………..

Midnighthour
    Free Member

They do it for thier own benefit as well as ours. Its part of the church rules that they have to go 'doorstepping'. It is part of saving themselves and making sure they are permitted to go on to a better place after death, so in some ways it is a selfish act as much as 'saving other people'.

The lady I knew was expected to attend church events on Sundays and on 2 evenings a week, every single week in addition to door stepping. Many of them have no pensions as they beleive the end of the world will happen before they reach pension age. They are not supposed to marry outside of thier community. Its a very closed life. They are not allowed to vote or support any political parties. They cannot even attend the weddings of friends if they are in non Witness churches. My friend used to stand outside of the church before and after the ceremony if she wanted to see a friend marry.

Geronimo
    Free Member

Thankfully they don't appear to brave doing any door-knocking where we live.

Where my folks' live, however, they turn up mob-handed very frequently.

A mate of mine (who, it is fair to say, was slightly un-hinged) once answered the door to them and asked him about his beliefs. He replied, "I am Jesus!" and kept repeating it. They took offence and backed away. They were still telling him that they hoped he would be saved when they were in the road. Apparently he was still shouting after them when they had given up and were walking briskly out of his cul-de-sac.

Poor JWs, but you do have to ask why they do it.

Religion, man -just say no.

BigJohn

Smile, shake head "I think you've come to the wrong house".

Usually works & no hassle or upset on either side.

chewkw
    Free Member

What have they Witnessed?

😈

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

My favourite time was when we invited them in for a healthy discussion and my friend's brother (who happens to be Jewish) took their part against me 🙂

brassneck

Thye regularly turn up mob handed to convert my wifes whole village (which is fairly remote as the south goes). I didn't belive this till I saw them advancing up the road one morning.

It was like the last act in Witness appropriately enough.

Haze

I was asked if I "ever wondered why we are here?" once on my home from college.

I told her I was waiting for the 261

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Ask them how 1.2m JWs (approx.) are going to argue the toss over the 144,000 available places in their paradise.

That's why they go door knocking etc. It's part of the "how many good works" can you do during your life that will move you up the pecking order to hopefully make it into the privileged 144,000.

I think you will find there are more than 144,000 places in their heaven, but there is a greater privilege for the top 144,000 hence the enthusiasm to try and make it.

Now for those that do like their religious fairy stories, this is a good one to look at.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I did get door-stepped once and got asked "Do you know you could find happiness through Jesus?"

I just answered honestly and said that I was already feeling quite cheery.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but there is a greater privilege for the top 144,000

I wonder what proportion of forever that would be fun for ? I hadn't heard of 1st & 2nd class heavens before. Shall it be racially segregated too ?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Jehovahs whitnesses…’ is closed to new replies.