Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Jeff Jones
  • Clink

Yes
    Yes – e-mail/’phone Jeff – he is very helpful.
    No – fits any standard (not PressFit) bottom brackets.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Is there not a ti diamond option now? How come?

singlespeedstu

I’ve got my fat fronted steel SF down to 26 1/2 lbs and with a couple of kit changes sub 26 will be no problem

If you got rid of all that metal you’ve inserted into your body you’d get rid of more weight than that. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tazzymtb

If you got rid of all that metal you’ve inserted into your body you’d get rid of more weight than that.

very true Mr Stu, I need to find a maker of fine carbon fibre tunnels, plugs and body rings to weight weenie myself 😀

singlespeedstu

What about if they splinter. 😯

tazzymtb

What about if they splinter.

the I loose bits of me in interesting and painful ways. Buffalo horn and bamboo are a safer weight saving bet.

fontmoss
    Free Member

So Biff says there are ti diamond on the way but has anyone (Tazzy?) had a steel diamond with ti truss forks? Thoughts?

singlespeedstu

LOLerskates at tazzy.

You could get the buffalo to pierce your scrot and cut it’s horn off in situe.

Davy Crockett would aprove.

tazzymtb

had a steel diamond with ti truss forks? Thoughts?

no, I had a scandium frame with very similar geometry to a diamond with Ti jones forks, light as alight thing and bloody brilliant!

flashes
    Free Member

the one size fits all is the only thing putting me off, (well that and having to sell one of the Karate Monkeys) as I am a hobbit. I really must get down to Charlie’s and have a quick spin on the (ex) demo bike……….

flashes
    Free Member

Drat, this has got me thinking. But does anyone have a Jones I can sit on, I’m not convinced a 23″ frame is a good idea. I’m in Bristol…..

GaryLake
    Free Member

jameso: can you come back to the west country at some point, I reeeally want to have a go on your Jones…

Ti spaceframe would be my first lottery win bike purchase I reckon. So not my normal bag but if you take money out of the equation, it becomes a must have 🙂

Build a house on the mid-west welsh coast in the middle of nowhere and just go and ride my Jones into the hills everyday – lush!

jameso

Gary, Flashes, I’m in stroud this weekend if of use. I’m popping jeans and T in my frame back and riding over to see friends and Hell’s Bells are playing in town )
    It’ll have road tyres on but if you’re in the area on Sun you’re welcome to try it out. Otherwise I’ll be off-roading the Ti SF that way before long on the Ridgeway, will then get a train to Stroud. Or Bristol, could crash in Bristol if anyone wants to arrange a local ride?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Bristol sounds good, I could put you up too if you like. Let me know dates. Flashes and I know each other so we could round up a group ride if you fancied…

theredchili
    Free Member

Flashes , I’m go to the FoD allot if you would like to try my steel Diamond

flashes
    Free Member

James, what Gary said, apart from the putting you up bit………….

Mr red chili, certainly possible………

flashes
    Free Member

Happy to swap a ride for a go on my Pugsley, SS or fixed Karate Monkeys

jameso

A Pugsley would be fun, I’ll pootle around on that quite happily. Mailed Gary about suitable weekends.

flashes
    Free Member

All I need to do is free up the seat post then……..

biff

This is a good thread – a fair few Jones riders explain things better than I do – all the various views are good. Now who was Bristol / South West and wanting a test ride? I’m going to be riding in the Quantocks on Friday 22nd so might well be able to accommodate a few people if they want a go on a steel Jones, and Bristol on the saturday might be workable. Post here or email biff@yesweareontheweb.com if you fancy. And I might well be hooking up with James in the FoD in late March.

Titanium space and diamond frames are ‘next’ for production, fyi. Charlie (tbm) knows. And Bothy.

jameso

Titanium space and diamond frames are ‘next’ for production

Gonna be a run of orders on those…

I’m geniunely tempted, but enough has to be enough )

Clink

Gonna be a run of orders on those…

Oh yes! Anyone want to buy my soul?!? 😯

fontmoss
    Free Member

Any word on pricing Biff?

biff

A few words, like “more than last time” (!) but no specifics yet. It will be lots I think but I’ve had mine since 2004 and the pounds per mile/smile ‘value for money’ makes it a great deal, just that ‘big lump sum’ to clamber over :O)

fontmoss
    Free Member

I know I emailed you about a steel frame with ti truss but do you know if ti diamond with truss going to be more/less/sameish as current ti spaceframe with truss? ta

biff

As soon as I know I will tell you – and update this.

c_klein87

Good news on the Ti diamond getting back into production! I can stop pestering Jeff

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Good news on the Ti diamond getting back into production! I can stop pestering Jeff

ooohhh, new bike time eh 😉

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Jeff Jones’ is closed to new replies.