Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Jeff Jones Spaceframe & Truss bike **STOLEN** in Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne.
  • Retrodirect
    Free Member

That’s great to hear you got it back.

funkmasterp

That is great news OP 😀

sb88
    Free Member

Woohoo!

poolman
    Free Member

Well done, distinctive bike would have showed up at some time

wwaswas

Hope whoever bought it didn’t end up too out of pocket for doign the decent thing.

jamj1974

Nice one!

qwerty
    Free Member

Excellent 🙂

psycorp
    Free Member

Good news. Kudos to the guy who bought it.

coomber
    Free Member

Great result and hats off to the purchaser for getting in touch. Great stuff

krixmeister

If the person who bought it and contacted you is out of pocket, seems like a perfect excuse for a JustGiving campaign as they absolutely did the right thing.

burko73

Interested to see what state it’s in. Wonder what tales it would have to tell about where it’s been!

vanderbeck
    Free Member

The repatriation of the bike was far from orthodox, it left me plenty thoughts about the initial theft / burglary and the motivations for contact (££). It’s fair to say the Jones has been on a high fat diet and smoking Benson & Hedges for a good few months!

It’s sad to look at it in all honesty, the bike was pristine and all of the components brand new. The absolute disregard for something of value when the very reason for it being nicked was cash. Ugly half-baked attempts to remove parts in a naive notion of skill, cracks me up on how baffled they must have been sweating it out in a greasy kitchen. Is it a giant BMX, why is one wheel bigger??@@

The more common parts are easy to sell on or tart up a knacker bike. Everything’s dialed in on the Jones and really serves little purpose elsewhere.

I’m very pleased to see it back, don’t get me wrong. Just need to fall back in love with it and make it mine again. It hurts to be spending money to get it running but the gains are evident.

One thing is for sure, the Police need to alter there perspective on bike crime and actually conduct some raids on the same prolific teen gangs running breaker shops. In the course of raising awareness of my bike I’ve spoken to so many people / businesses who have had bikes stolen and left speechless with the lack of investigative interest from the local constabulary even when presenting pretty clear evidence.

qwerty
    Free Member

I think you need to treat it to a respray. 💡

ElShalimo

One thing is for sure, the Police need to alter there perspective on bike crime and actually conduct some raids on the same prolific teen gangs running breaker shops. In the course of raising awareness of my bike I’ve spoken to so many people / businesses who have had bikes stolen and left speechless with the lack of investigative interest from the local constabulary even when presenting pretty clear evidence.

Contact your local paper/facebook groups etc

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Jeff Jones Spaceframe & Truss bike **STOLEN** in Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne.’ is closed to new replies.