Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Jeez, what a dull question – Which Ant+ cadence/speed sensor?
  • IHN

I have a Bryton GPS that has a HRM/Cadence function. I bought it from the classifieds along with a Decathlon/B’Twin cadence/speed sensor, but I’m buggered if I can get the two to pair up and, anyway, the B’Twin sensor is not what you might call ‘elegant’.

So, which one should I replace it with?

Freester

The new Garmin Cadence/Speed sensor http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-speed-cadence-sensor/ is quite neat. Uses internal accelerometer rather than the older style magnet / sensor setup.

I’ve got this setup on my Roadie.

IHN

Hmm, being super-picky, the o-ring type attachment on the crankarm isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Hmm, being super-picky, the o-ring type attachment on the crankarm isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing.

I don’t think you need to use this as I think this is just to give you an easy option if swapping between bikes.

If its anything like the wahoo one I use this has a sticky pad to stick to the back of the crank but it also comes with a rubber mount and xip tie.

The wahoo one is very good but mine is cadence only – a speed sensor isn’t necessary.

I approve of your super pickiness ntw 🙂

Garry_Lager

What do you pair that with Gary? I have the sensor for the turbo but only have my phone to use outside. Prefer not to mount the phone on the bars so was looking for recommendations.

TiRed

Garmin accelerometer mount is o-ring only. I like the ease of moving between bikes. The speed sensor is excellent for bikes on a turbo.

If you want magnetic sensors, I also like the Bontrager speed and cadence. The magnet slips over the crank before attaching the pedal. Looks very smart.

Of course, you could always take the classic STW option – buy a new frame with integrated sensors. My Giants have these and they are great. Trek also has built-in options. Not the cheapest option though 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

My wahoo sensor is paired with a garmin 500

CraigW
    Free Member

For a cadence sensor with a magnet, you can get a tiny magnet and put it inside the pedal spindle. Its neater than attaching it around the crank.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Jeez, what a dull question – Which Ant+ cadence/speed sensor?’ is closed to new replies.