• This topic has 40 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Jeepers! Zombies are getting scary!!!
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Apologies if done before (did a search, but couldn’t find anything).

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk[/video]

Wow!

dabble
    Free Member

eh, zombies on speed?
    looks alright tho.

ska-49
    Free Member

Im in that film. Somewhere on one of the ships as an extra…dressed up as a soldier. They recruited a load of students for a few days. Was a great laugh and got paid a fair amount! Half of that was filmed in Falmouth.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Some filmed in Fawley near Southampton also.

sobriety
    Free Member

Book is brilliant, from the trailer I’m now worried that the film will make me angry by being totally different to the book…

klumpy
    Free Member

The book is great, the film probably won’t be much like it as the book is a series of separate personal accounts of surviving the zombie apocalypse (the pile of zombies gradually getting over a wall is mentioned in the book though!). It’s a shame the zombies in the trailer are fast (I don’t like fast zombies) but it still could be good; I’ll be seeing it!

bencooper
    Free Member

Looks good, but it’s really funny to see bits of Glasgow in there!

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, that looks gooood! Good cast too.

big_scot_nanny

bencooper – Member
    Looks good, but it’s really funny to see bits of Glasgow in there!

I know! Looks like george square!

I remember reading about the filming.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

really funny to see bits of Glasgow in there!

Why is it funny? It’s just good commercial sense. Saved money on needing to hire in any extras.

D0NK

(I don’t like fast zombies)

international rule of zombies move slowly and groan.

Underhill
    Free Member

Looks like being totally different in tone to the book. Probably be a decent film but different title would have pleased me if the story is different.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looks awesome.

racefaceec90

you should play the gamecube version of resident evil remake 😉

some of the zombies in the game would kick usain bolt’s arse 😆 😯

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting for this forever! 6 months of reshooting… Fingers crossed!

I_Ache
    Free Member

June!!!

We have to put up with 7 more months of adverts for this film!

Looks quite good tho.

falkirk-mark

The bit where he is on the phone in the camper is beside my work, I remember they shut the road off for it.

noteeth
    Free Member

I’m not – and never will be – a horror fan, but it strikes me that many of these CGI-fests have nothing on the morbid dread of the original Night of the living dead.

DrP

you should play the gamecube version of resident evil remake

Res Evil 4…..
    Brilliant – best game on the Wii by a mile!

“loord saddleer…”
    Still freak my wife out by groaning that at her (not whilst doing that -tut 🙄 “

DrP

kimbers

I must be the only person who thinks it looks a bit crap

cg zombies look cg’d

the walking dead has set the standard!

Pigface
    Free Member

Is the book worth reading?

sobriety
    Free Member

Yes.

v8ninety

(I don’t like fast zombies)

Who would???? 😯

PrinceJohn

Fast zombies are not scary. They might offer a jump of 2 but they’re not scary, it’s the slow sure inevitability that your life is fleeting, they will eventually get you & your loved ones then you will have to kill them.

That’s what makes zombies scary – NOT hoards of them running like rats.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You won’t be saying that when you’re fleeing the swarm and they are faster than you!

PrinceJohn

You won’t be saying that when you’re fleeing the swarm and they are faster than you!

Yes I would – because all the noise & chaos of them running would alert you long before they came & I’d’ve been long gone.

Haze

It’s been said, but fast zombies aren’t…well…zombies?

Not for me…

(Simon Pegg puts it a little better than me, but sums up my thoughts)

kcr
    Free Member

Really interesting to see how they create an American city from central Glasgow. Nice suspension bridge dropped into the end of George Street at 1:03!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Can anybody lend me the book or send me an ebook of it?

Drac

the walking dead has set the standard!

In dullness it has.

Looks interesting, people moan about CGI but it allows imagination to work and anything possible. Like many special effects of old it’s also got a lot better over the years.

toby1

The trailer does look a bit too far removed from the book. I’ll still be going to see this though.

PrinceJohn

Looks interesting, people moan about CGI but it allows imagination to work and anything possible. Like many special effects of old it’s also got a lot better over the years.

CGI can stifle creativity. Oh don’t worry about that we’ll CGI it in post production..

Notable Exception – Monsters.

GrahamS

In a related note, anyone playing the DayZ or WarZ games.

I don’t, but for some very odd reason I love watching this guy (Frankie) playing it.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPJ37khFJWI[/video]

He’s done 20 DayZ videos now and I’ve watched them all!

Drac

CGI can stifle creativity. Oh don’t worry about that we’ll CGI it in post production..

Yes I’m sure it can do that too but so did plastic dinosaurs.

I play Day-Z well did until I did a fresh install, also played War Z. Pretty good but Day-Z is the better one and stand alone version is due out soon.

PrinceJohn

Oh the other 2 things that’ll ruin this film are Damon Lindehoff who helped ruin Prometheus & they’re aiming for a 12a certificate.

seosamh77
    Free Member

noteeth – Member

I’m not – and never will be – a horror fan, but it strikes me that many of these CGI-fests have nothing on the morbid dread of the original Night of the living dead. Not a bad thing, I know that’ll upset the zombie geeks amongs us, but those type of films aren’t that good. But anyhow, these types of modern day zombie films are a different genre from that if you ask me. Loads better.

Looking forward to this one, looks great I think.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Try this for scary.

I want to kill you…

brakes
    Free Member

In a related note, anyone playing the DayZ or WarZ games.

I don’t, but for some very odd reason I love watching this guy (Frankie) playing it.

GrahamS, you are now responsible for me wasting a good chunk of the weekend and last night. What is it about this guy’s videos that make them so addictive? It’s like watching a TV series. I’m up to about Ep. 14.
    I was going to dig my XBOX out, but it seems easier to watch someone else (who’s good) play.

GrahamS

What is it about this guy’s videos that make them so addictive? It’s like watching a TV series.

Bizarre isn’t it? It’s my guilty pleasure. Can’t exactly tell folk that you spend hours watching someone play video games online without sounding a bit sad, but they are more entertaining than most things on telly!

brakes
    Free Member

my wife asked me last night (when I was supposed to be working) who the bloke I was listening to was, as Frankie (the guy in the videos) harped on about AS50s, aggro zombies, crash sites and said “lol” a lot in the background. I told her not to worry and that it was a bit sad. When I explained she thought it was very sad, even sadder than looking at bike forums, so I chastised her for watching her second episode of Corrie of the evening and exclaimed “at least these people are REAL!”.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Jeepers! Zombies are getting scary!!!’ is closed to new replies.