Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Jeebus help us…where's good for luggage? Anyone bought anything decent lately?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So there be a niche in my luggage collection what needs filling – I have a DaKine thing, around 100L that I use for snow holidays, simply because it holds more kit than I can shake a stick at. Problem is, it’s too big for a “normal” week’s holiday – coming up in October – the case alone is around half my luggage allowance in weight.

Needs to be around 60L capacity, soft case, half decent quality – wheels a must obviously. It would help if it were an “outdoor” brand, so I can look like a bit of an urban warrior in the airport.

I understand the sheer boredom a post like this can induce – I nearly feel asleep writing it. 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Craghoppers bag for over a year of being flung around the world. So far it is standing up to the abuse of baggage handlers etc. 200,000 miles and counting…

http://www.roamingfox.co.uk/Craghoppers-Roller-Rucksack-pr-16492.html

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Samsonite, costs a lot more, but you will never wih you had something else

derekrides
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just a quick note of thanks to Zedsdead for his suggestion – managed to find one for £70 online – so bought two, one for mrs deadly too 🙂

Spud

We have sworn by Osprey for years. Have a big holdall that’s been everywhere with us, A HUGE 140l wheeled pack and recently a 60l roller sack/ case with handle and rucsac harness. Excellent kit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Osprey probably doesn’t mark me out as urban warrior enough 😆

His’n’Hers bags will screw all that up though. 😕

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Glad I could help. I think I paid about the same – great value. The internal pockets etc are all really useful too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Osprey are superb, genuinely superb. Not cheap mind you!

Samsonite are brilliant, I use one as my two/three day trip bag.

My current big bag is from Animal, a mahoooooosive 120l monster. It’s quite perfect. Brilliant aftersales service from Animal as well.

DaKine and TNF (Chav association notwithstanding) are well worth a look as well.

BigJohn

I like the sort of zipped soft bag that has rucksac type straps instead of wheels. I got a Karrimor one from Sports Direct last month for £35. TK Maxx has a good range sometimes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We have a couple of 120L DaKines which are excellent. I just don’t really like Osprey or Samsonite kit (excellent quality notwithstanding). Osprey was about in my budget. Samsonite wasn’t. Craghoppers stuff gets excellent reviews. UK company for which I’ve always had a fondness since my days climbing when that sort of kit was all they did. They’re welcome to my money.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, I have a duffle from these guys. Very good indeed. This looks OK, a little large maybe?
    http://www.lifeventure.co.uk/htm/bags-luggage/roller-duffles.html

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wanted to get one of those for mrs deadly (the Kohima) but she opted for the craghoppers one instead. Lifeventure – also excellent kit for the £.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

The Craghoppers bag is great. It has wheels for in the airport and straps to turn it into a rucksack, which in India is a very handy thing as the thing they call pavements are, well, not very good.

It’s actually pretty comfy as a rucksack too.

As I said, it’s standing up to abuse very well. And the little 10l detachable rucksack is also very handy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Jeebus help us…where's good for luggage? Anyone bought anything decent lately?’ is closed to new replies.