Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Jeebeeesssuus it's windy!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

The rain being hammered into the windows has just woke me up!!! I darent go look in the garden to see how the “christmas trampoline” is coping!! 😯

hammyuk
    Free Member

Currently hitting 50+mph here in South Moulton!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just got woken up by a chunk of my roof clattering its way to freedom

skiboy
    Free Member

milton keynes windy as you like, just about to go ride 7 miles to work, expecting a tailwind and a record time,

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Head and side winds on my ride to the station. At a couple of points the wind nearly won too. Certainly a lively return to work!

Pigface
    Free Member

Howling in Swansea and lashings of the wet stuff as well, who is working out side today?? Oh joy deep deep joy.

Bregante

My ride home at 1.30 this morning was “challenging”. V tempted to take up the offer of a lift from a workmates but glad I didn’t now. Might drive in later though……

uwe-r
    Free Member

Wind and Rain of Biblical proportions in Manchester. I am sat in the office wearing a suit that is completely saturated from my knees downwards. Do I take my shoes off to let my socks dry?

jools182
    Free Member

the rain and wind has been waking me up all night, oh, and the car alarms going off 😐

seosamh77
    Free Member

mental here in the southside of glasgow. loudest winds I’ve ever heard. Been up since about 4 feeling like my windows could cave in at any point. a look up the street and there’s a fair bit of carnage I can see. defo worse than last time.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Just about to say the same as seosamh77. In work today and the drive from Kilmarnock was very scarey at some points. There’s ‘stuff’ being blown all over the road, a road cone sitting in the outside lane of the m74, various roadworks signs littering the road. Walked from the car to the front door of the office and got blown off course.

We had a power cut before I left for work, paper recycling wheelie bin and glass/cans box out so paper and bottles blowing all over the place. Phoned my wife when I got to work and she told me there’s a pair of shoes in the front garden which must have blown off someones front step.

Driving conditions this morning are far worse than hurricane bawbag.

mrchrispy

I think the term you are looking for is……working from home.
    7 miles in this after a week of man flue is not the way I want to start the year.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ride into work cancelled – flooded roads and fallen branches call for the 4×4 to be fired up, glad it’s got a snorkel.

toby1

I bailed on the ride into work, I did 3 windy days last week and the weather predictions put me off for today.

Doesn’t actually look all that bad out there though so I probably should have ridden.

Cambridge area, the weather is generally more civilised round here!

uwe-r
    Free Member

Shoes are off!

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs S managed to let go of the back door in a gust and that’s torn a hinge. Just been out in the howling to make repairs…

Gary_M
    Free Member

If I’d tried riding to work in that I wouldn’t have made it.

Colleague just told me that the traffic lights along from the office have blown over!

Seems to be calming down a bit now though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmmm. I was about to take my 4yr old nephew out for a walk. Might have to tether him to something sturdy*

*After Xmas excess, that will probably be me.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Lost a tree at the front of the house. 🙁

binners

Bloody new years resolutions!!! Mine was to MTFU, stop whining about it being cold/dark/wet/windy and commute more on the bike

Well, that went well then! I’ve just commuted the 15 miles in, and on the exposed tops it was bloody terrifying!!! Swirling, gusting side-winds and driving, horizontal, torrential rain. Its going to be a soggy lycra-tastic ride home.

Is climbing back into sodden lycra officially the worst feeling in the world? 🙁

BikePawl
    Free Member

Just spent the last hour tracking down errant parts of the shed roof, and making sure the rest doesn’t follow suite. So what’s this hurricane being called?

scruff
    Free Member

My pants are still wet.

mogrim

Lovely and sunny here in Madrid, glad I was in London last week and not this one 🙂

mu3266
    Free Member

I’m still in bed after finding out yesterday I’ve got ANOTHER week off. I’m beginning to think I’m no longer employed. I’ve been off since November 6th o.O Still getting paid, mind.

Gary_M
    Free Member

There comes a point when you have to say ‘it’s not really that sensible to ride in that’, I apply that rule to ice and 70mph winds. With the guts we’ve got in Glasgow you could easily get swept into the path of a car.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

scruff – Member
    My pants are still wet.

Rain or fear?

Been very blowy just outside Glasgow – power went off for an hour or so as well, but it’s just come back on – hoping it didn’t involve engineers having to fanny about up pylons in this wind!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Another one here who had to bail the ride in this morning. The ride was short but have to take a lot of kit in today to go swimming after work so wasnt worth the risk of bieng blown into traffic.

On the plus side there was a chicken blown into the garden this morning! Not a tesco one, this was alive and feathered, albiet a little ruffled! trouble is i know of no-one else locally who keeps chickens, so altough it wasnt one of mine (its a light sussex)i will add it to the flock tonight!

😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Bloody new years resolutions!!! Mine was to MTFU, stop whining

You could have just stopped at “whining”… 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

rode in but it’s only two miles going the shortest route and fortunately most of it is through parks and along cycleways. Spent most of the time leaning over at what felt like a 45′ angle and trying to stay in a straight line. Not too sure if I’ll be riding home for lunch!

Kev

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Salvaged our trampoline from the hedge to see it get lifted into it again. Wedged a railway sleeper under it. Saw the lamp off a streetlight fly by and smash into the roundabout at the bottom of the street. House across the street has a hole in the roof. Worse than bawbag I reckon

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A leaden sky of apocalyptic grey hangs heavy over That London. Wind and rail howling around in it.

BikePawl
    Free Member

Peak windspeed in Edinburgh just reported at 102mph

crazy-legs

I had to drive in this morning, was bringing in a load of work kit which I couldn’t carry on the bike.

Speeds on the motorway were down to 30mph with the spray then heading into Manchester it dropped further with the torrential biblical deluge. Wipers on full speed, 20 mph, rivers of water pouring down the windscreen and roadside fencing, signs and traffic lights shaking madly in the wind.

Stoner
    Free Member

just gone eerie quite round her. Anemometer showing steady 10mph.

binners

Worse than bawbag? 😯

Has this one got a name yet?

Anyway… you’ll all be relieved to hear that I’ve blagged a lift home. The bike can stay here for the night. Discretion is definitely the better part of valour on this one I think! There’s no way on earth I’m doing another 15 mile ride into the teeth of that today!

aracer
    Free Member

Eye of the storm, Stoner.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I would say worse than bawbag, driving conditions were certainly far worse this morning and there’s far more debris on the road, traffic lights for example.

althepal

Couple of ridge tiles dislodged and now perched precariously over the conservatory roof.. That’ll be the wee man barred from his playroom then!
    Just outside Glasgow in Stepps here, honestly thought the windows were coming in this morning.. Bonkers.

derekrides
    Free Member

binners – Member

Is climbing back into sodden lycra officially the worst feeling in the world?

No it is divine retribution for fashion crime.

Donning a wet wetsuit beats it and is not considered punishment by the good Lord.

binners

No it is divine retribution for fashion crime.

But….but…. I had even soggier baggies over the top of them? Surely I should be exempt. S’not fair! 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Jeebeeesssuus it's windy!!’ is closed to new replies.