• This topic has 74 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • JEDI – What have you done to mrsconsequence?
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Have I really just witnessed some praise for a fellow human on an internet message forum!?

I feel all warm

molgrips
    Free Member

How much air can Jedi coach one to achieving, I wonder? 🙂

jedi

as much as you like 🙂 oh and i can demonstrate it too 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Can you coach two radically differently skilled people at the same time? For two different things?

jedi

within the confines of a trail of course

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can you coach two radically differently built people at the same time?

Fancy a big air comp then Molly?

jedi

yeti, how’s the riding since our session last year?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Really good Jedi… Taking to the air with a lot more faith.
    My focus has shifted a little from DH towards endurance riding this year (only got a HT built up at the minute) but there’s no doubt the stuff we covered is making me faster every time I ride, be it up or down 🙂 I could probably do with another visit… or a cheeky play at Herts-shore anyhow 😀

jedi

great stuff. riding is a beautiful path in life with many different avenues 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

Ta mogrim, might be in touch as a little pre wedding pressie for the two of us seeing as honeymoon is two weeks in chatel yipeee! Prob won’t be able to fit it in before then knowing my luck 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Too true Jedi! Did LEJOG a month ago… heading into the wilderness for WRT this weekend… but mostly looking forward to the Trans Provence in the autumn.

If I’m on two wheels… I’m a happy man 🙂

jedi

same here. high fookin 5! 🙂

stophe
    Free Member

jedi – are there any specific skills needed for endurance riding? Or is it just the same but with a greater requirement on the psychological side of things

philconsequence
    Free Member

i can attest to yeti’s speed, moment and superior flow through teh singletrackz! stuff we’d been riding for a year and knew inside out, yeti just disappeared into the distance ahead of us… never ridden it before but did it in about a 3rd of the time we did!

its a little intimidating riding with him and you always feel a little bad holding him back 🙁 but yeah… whatever you taught him has made him intimidatingly confident and fast through the trails!

molgrips
    Free Member

jedi – are there any specific skills needed for endurance riding?

You have to be able to do the same stuff but half asleep whilst hallucinating and listening to the world service on a radio.

jedi

i taught yeti the same as i teach everyone 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cheers Phil… you know what you need to do!

Do it quick though, as I’m torn between plotting to end this Jedi training racket and wanting everyone to love riding bikes…

Maybe me and Mrs C can go out and get super gnarr whilst you convalesce.

jedi

yeti????

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

haha… just stop teaching people so damn well!
    I’ve got my fragile ego to maintain… 😉

jedi

The Southern Yeti – Member

haha… just stop teaching people so damn well!
    I’ve got my fragile ego to maintain…

thank you and i never saw a sign of an ego 🙂

jedi

stophe,
    not a greater requirement, the same skills!
    the good bit being you can recover on descents whilst your competitors are using energy

philconsequence
    Free Member

she’s planning on riding tomorrow with jo i think dude… if you’re free get a facebook message over to her, i’ll be down here in dorset visiting mum until late tomorrow evening.

stophe
    Free Member

Thanks Jedi!

As for:

You have to be able to do the same stuff but half asleep whilst hallucinating and listening to the world service on a radio.

I figured that would be the case, along with ‘get as fit as you think you need to be, then get fitter’!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve been planning one of these for ages but never got the cash for it and I think my other half would benefit more from a day than me so I’m right down the pecking order!

jedi

coffeeking, life is about choices eh 🙂

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

I nail trails, fly over drops, swoosh down single track through trees and drop rocky descents, with the sun shining and the trails are dusty dry … grinning from ear to ear like some mtbing goddess … and then I wake up! I’m so much better in my dreams 😉

Anyone else dream single track; or is it just me?

Recently I have dreamt about riding my Trek ex8 for the first time … note I don’t actually own one … [giggles]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anyone else dream single track; or is it just me?

If you post up a pic I’ll be able to say if it’s you I dream about…

coffeeking
    Free Member

coffeeking, life is about choices eh

Maybe later in the year. Or maybe next year.

Would you require a couple to be of similar skill level in order to teach them best (instead of switching too and fro) or dya reckon a 2:1 grouping would be ok with two people who fit into your black category but maybe at opposite ends of that category?

jedi

abilities matching isnt that important. feel free to email or ring me for a chat.

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

@TSY

Here you go… for your wet dream 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😯 My god, it is you!! 😯

robdob
    Free Member

Before I went on a Jedi course I thought I was ok downhill and on singletrack but corners I always fluffed and I needed air.

Whenever I go out riding now I SERIOUSLY scare myself at how fast I can go. I used to break traction on the tyres because I wasn’t riding right but now I break traction because the tyres simply have no more to offer. Tony taught me about pumping (something I could already do but never used, oddly) and now I go faster and further for less effort – always a plus for me!! And I now confidently go off most drops and jumps fine – in fact I love them and search them out.

If you want to ride and have a decent amount of fun and pleasure on a bike you don’t need to see him. If you want to get to the end of every trail giggling like an idiot, do things that you could only dream of before and finally find what you and your expensive bike can REALLY do then give Tony a call. I guarantee you that no single purchase on bike kit, no matter what the price, will make as much difference to your riding.

jedi

robdob, when it comes down to it, it’s about that inner child inside us all giggling 🙂

BlobOnAStick

I went looking for a tabletop at the local jump spot the other day after Jedi’s course.

The local kids thought I was a bit simple as I was giggling so much I couldn’t ride back up the hill. 😆 Wish I could have kept it to the ‘inner child’! 😳

jedi

the inner child is why we ride

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘JEDI – What have you done to mrsconsequence?’ is closed to new replies.