Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Jedi – Legend
  • Clobber
    Free Member

Believe the hype…

That is all

**** legend!

jedi

err cheers 😀

fadda

Couldn’t agree more – fastest ever lap of Verderers last weekend (for me), through remembering to triangulate through outside pedal, inside hand, contact patch!

(cheers again, Tony!)

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Just makes me want the time to pass quicker….20 days and counting for me. 😀

FieldMarshall

Who’s Jedi? and what has he done that is so legendary? 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Who’s Jedi? and what has he done that is so legendary?

Hes the guy 3 posts above you!!!!

And he a guy that makes you ride fast and smooth! Just watch some of his blogs!

FRONT PAGE

philconsequence
    Free Member

jedi can’t ride for toffee

he will however ride for beer and curry.

dokta
    Free Member

I’ve been taught by Jedi, and surprisingly I could pass those skills to other 6 riders. Only failed to teach 1 of them, as bugger couldn’t concetrate on subject and was more interested about his date with a bird that coming day.

Jedi’s skills center is a work of art. Best place to study all things Jedi. Think his place had changed and more feautures been built some time ago in JediLand.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Given the regular Jedi love in on this board, I’d be interested in hearing if anyone has ever not been improved by his courses. Of all the sports I have done (and I have done many, some well, many not so well) I can’t think of any where a days worth of coaching has instantly improved my performance.

Obviously, it appears that this isn’t the case after spending a day with the big man. So whats the secret? Is it simply paointing out basic mistakes, does he concentrate on technique, or does he use some powerful Jedi mind trick to make you forget how sore its going to be when you crash into a tree.

Genuinely interested, as whilst i cant justify a trip down from scotland myself, I am looking for some coaching up in here and interested in whats involved.

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s an instant fix as it takes a while to get used to riding with your new techniques etc. I don’t really know what Tony does but he does it well and I’m still yet to crash since my session 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

@tpbiker – really, not a single days coaching has lead to you learning something new, surely that’s an instant improvement ? I’ve learnt lots of new things in many sports when attending coaching, I would put my day at UKBikeSkills right at the top.

tpbiker
    Free Member

well put it this way, I don’t think I’ve ever come out of a coaching session thinking my game has been transformed. Sure ive picked up a few pointers here and there but I’ve only ever seen the benefits through hard work putting them into practice.

Contract that to Jedi’s coaching, some lad on here previously mentioned before going along he couldn’t even jump, but by the time he left he was clearing tabletops. Not saying I doubt it happened btw…but would be interested to know if people who had attended other mtb coaches had experienced similar improvements. Specifically in Scotland….cause I’m shit and drastically need to improve!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

he figures out what you need to work on and improve, fixes the basics and builds from there. We went from basic body positioning to jumping his novice double (that is on the side of a table top) after a half day. Did it as a group of 3, and by the end of the sesh (sometime after lunch it was a long “half day”) I was mentally knackered, I sat out whilst trimix of this parish did a few more jumps. If I’d paid for a full day I would have wasted my time/money.

There’s a reason he is booked out til October with s*d all advertising. Word of mouth, recommendations and return visits are keeping him flat out. Me n trimix want to go back for a more advanced/big jumps session but there’ll be snow on the ground by the time we can sort it 🙄

I wanted the training as coming back from long period off with serious injury had made me analyse my riding from scratch, some of my habits (18yrs worth so well engrained) were good, some not so good, and I deconstructed and reconstructed it with Tony. I’m a better rider for it. I’d jumped far bigger gap jumps than tony’s double, but realised I was just getting away with it. Now I’d rather do a 6 foot gap beautifully than an 18 footer by the skin of my teeth.

He is a really nice bloke, very good at helping you relax and admirably enthusiastic. He rides bikes day in day out for a living, then comes on here to talk bikes.

slowrider
    Free Member

yeah, he’s good at what he does!

I’m a REALLY slow learner and still haven’t completely cracked the skills Tony taught me. I’m approximately a million percent more RAD than I was though.

FieldMarshall

My first reply above was slightly tongue in cheek!

Had a 1 to 1 with Jedi last year.

I had never cleared a table top before, let alone a gap jump. By the end of the day I was doing both. And generally riding smoother/quicker.

I obviously already had the talent (I use the word talent loosely) but he gives you the confidence/self belief to do it.

9 months on and I feel that i am still a better rider than I was before the course, but finding it hard to achieve what I did on the day. Just got lazy and stopped practising. And now the self belief has gone.

jimmyreload
    Free Member

Write up of my own experience here: http://sedh.co.uk/review/day-tony-uk-bike-skills

A day with jedi will make you faster and better than a shiny new all carbon fibre XTR bike of your choice guaranteed!

chris36860
    Free Member

I’m booked in for Monday morning and can’t wait. I had never heard of him until I joined this forum and only ever read good things. He’s a legend as far a I can work out and feel very lucky to have the chance to be taught by a pro. I had a 1/2 day wake boarding lesson by a local pro last year and he changed everything I did. More confidence meant bigger air jumps and less crashes. Let’s Hope monday has the same effect.

deadkenny
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member
    jedi can’t ride for toffee

he will however ride for beer and curry.

😆 Well said.

Beer, curry and bikes. Heaven.

jedi

bikes rock! 🙂

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

After watching Jedi’s video blogs I’ve become convinced he’s the Bob Ross of mountain biking. 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MghiBW3r65M[/video]

soobalias
    Free Member

he gives you a mini-jedi to keep in your camelbak.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Legendary… it says so here
    http://www.jab-ride.co.uk/queen-elizabeth-country-park-mtb-update/

Tony “jedi” Doyle, the legendary skills coach, will be there on the day to officialy open the trail.

So how did it go anyway?

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

“Tony “jedi” Doyle, the legendary skills coach, will be there on the day to officialy open the trail.”

I might have gone if i’d known…

samuri
    Free Member

bikes rock!

For freaking sure! I have never known happiness that I know when sat on a bike.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Jedi – Legend’ is closed to new replies.