• This topic has 26 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • jedi
  • winterfold
    Free Member

He is as good as everyone says he is.

I had lost my bottle (I now understand what ‘bottle’ is) but after 4 hours today was happily clearing the kind of jump I had lost the plot on.

Cant recommend his ‘jumps and drops’ course enough 😀

saladdodger
    Free Member

Same issue here I have lost my er mojo

A visit to herts is being planned

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

mojo isn’t same as bottle tho, does he do both?

winterfold
    Free Member

Explain he will 🙂

jedi

winterfold, thanks for your kind words 🙂

Dancake
    Free Member

What if you are, like , the biggest bailer in the universe??. I like the twisty stuff, but anything remotely resembling a jump scares the bejesus out of me…

Trimix
    Free Member

When is someone going to write a crap review and burst the bubble – or does he use mind tricks on all of you 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

Yes, he’s great with the bailers of this world too. I should know…

winterfold
    Free Member

Dancake – I was still bailing halfway through the course so I am pretty sure it works.

Trimix – it can get a bit ‘with tampax I can run, jump and ride a bike’ 😉 but… this is not the thread you’re looking for

rewski
    Free Member

I’m very tempted, just recovery from a broken collarbone and wrist, don’t want to go through that again.

Leku
    Free Member

I’m booked for the 8th.

Which bike should I take?

Cotic Soul with 140mm revs
    or
    Yeti ASR-sl (100mm both ends)

I ride both equal amounts but the Cotic is more for winter and the mud.

kaesae
    Free Member

You have to be fully committed to what you attempt, before you have a go at it, you also have to have the necessary skills, the basics and the understanding of how to apply them.

You are better of doing a course and investing the money on riding technique rather than buying new bikes and components, it will vastly reduce the likely hood of injury/time out from biking and also damaging expensive parts.

I say good on Jedi! and we need more people doing something similar. 😀

nickjb
    Free Member

What if you are, like , the biggest bailer in the universe??. I like the twisty stuff, but anything remotely resembling a jump scares the bejesus out of me…

That sounds like me! I didn’t feel I got that much out of the course. From reading every other review I’m well in the minority so I might just be unteachable 🙂

neilkachu
    Free Member

Yes, he really is that good, the only mind tricks he uses are the ones to make you realise that there are none, you all can do this stuff you just didnt know it. I was like most of you, fine and fast on singletrack but bottled it at the slightest big drop or jump, happy to stand and watch others do them while making up excuses to myself. Thanks to Tony all that has gone now, it’s one happy day when you can just ride a trail without looking for the chicken runs at every point.

So, quite honestly, forget buying a new stem or tyres save the money and give it to Jedi it’s the best value money you’ll spend on your riding.

Cheers!

marvelousedd
    Free Member

I have ridden with Jedi for most of my MTBing life and can safely say there’s no bullsh*t going on when people talk about how good he is on a bike and how much he can help you get the most from your riding. I’ve had some of the nastiest crashes you’ve ever seen riding all over the place with Jedi and he’s always helped me back from the “self-induced bubble wrapping” phase 1st ride back after a nasty wipeout.

I think he’ll agree I have some of the worst habits ever riding my bike, footwork, body position, bike setup related, you name it I’ve done it wrong – and in some cases made it work for me!! Stubborn as I am, I have come to realise that all the little tweaks Jedi has suggested are helping my become a better rider.

Chances are I’ll still bin it from time to time, but at least you won’t be able to fault my footwork on the action-replay

cnud
    Free Member

I have a crap review of Jedi: he’s dead good. There ya go

popstar
    Free Member

There is so much of BS about level 2, 3 or so. Some instructors do their cheap marketing tricks on innocent ones. In fact, bike riding is so simple that the truth becomes expensive.

After a course with Jedi, I confirm to be christened into new religion and from time to time spreading it. My wife would be my next apprentice. She will be my 3rd convert!

Ringo
    Free Member

Yes I had a top day yesterday big thanks to tony for showing me how to get wheels in the air, and a big thanks to Paul for keeping everything smooth, will be going again this summer. Will probly find some digs so I can drink more though 😉

Ringo
    Free Member

As for bike choice it don’t matter I took my 29er ss with h bars as its what I ride

cnud
    Free Member

Mmmmm H bars, I think I would snap my arms in multiple places with those. Still, they got you across the gap jump first….

winterfold
    Free Member

I think the answer to ‘which bike?’ earlier is – your favourite.

Ringo/cnud – nice to meet you guys – happy riding. cheers

jedi

high5 guys and thank you all for your time 🙂

marvelousedd
    Free Member

Ringo, did you notice the campfire? You don’t need digs if there’s camping occuring…

High 5 Kaesae – for being 100% real and a credit to the bike industry, always has exactly what I need to keep full sussers running sweet!

akira

He is very good, will return at some point when he has sorted out the weather. 😉

jedi

akira, the weather turned up late didn’t it. was cool to coach/ride with you guys 🙂

cakerider

Ah yes, the weather was bobbins!!

The biggest compliment is that we all picked up a lot despite the weather and very slidy conditions.

jedi

grip is grip regardless of conditions eh 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘jedi’ is closed to new replies.