Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Jeans for cyclists legs
  • alwillis

It seems that the latest Howies jeans have already sold out of my big waist short legged size, so I need another brand with similar fit if possible.

I liked the Howies ones because they last for ages and are still smart enough to wear to work after a few months. So what else is out there which won’t be too tight on my ass and thighs?

banks
    Free Member

Hiut – worth the money imo as you’ll only need one pair for years.

Set up by the Howies chap.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Your sisters?

alwillis

my sister is a good 6-8 inches shorter than me, so I use hers for shorts or natty 3/4 length offerings.

Hiut look like the most similar design to my current Howies favorites, so will go with them I think.

tommyhine

Levi’s work for me, got some 521 which are fairly fitted and another pair which I can’t remeber the number (maybe 529’s) which are more casual fit. I’ve a big pair of thighs and big bum for my waist .

Gary_M
    Free Member

So what else is out there which won’t be too tight on my ass and thighs?

What do you mean by cyclists legs, sounds more like fat legs and arse to me?

Unless you’re a sprinter then why would you have big legs?

alwillis

definitely not fat Gary, just always had big legs since playing rugby in my teens- squats were my favorite exercise! As a cyclist i have slimmed right down, but the legs remain I’m afraid!

Vinte
    Free Member

Got to be jeggings, always jeggings. You can’t go wrong.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    miketually
    Free Member

my big waist

definitely not fat

Hmmm 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Hiut – worth the money imo as you’ll only need one pair for years

I reckon I’d kill then in a year.

I keep wearing the arse out on my jeans, because I wear them to ride to work. I think this’ll happen whatever jeans I get, so I think I’m going to give up on Howies jeans and just keep popping into charity shops to stock up.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

don’t laugh but i really rate primark jeans. All of them from thin fitting ones to normal cut, to baggy. Just go to a large store with a variety of leg lengths in stock. I have a pair I use for bmxing/ mtbing in and they still look like new after a year or so. The ‘thin fitting’ ones fabric has some give in it too as opposed to heavy denim type jeans. TK max could be a good place to look as they tend to have loads of different brands, so you may have a choice of many different shapes for a given size. Also they would be a quality product. Just need the patience sift through them all and to try a load on.

njee20
    Free Member

I wear Gap jeans – I’ve obviously got pretty big thighs for my size (30″ waist), last pretty well, not expensive.

I find most brands too tight on the thigh.

D0NK

big waist short legged size

TBF that does sound more humpty dumpty than cyclist. But yeah I have trouble getting jeans that fit aswell, not tried howies, I just take 10 pairs to the changing room and tend to buy what ever fits and doesn’t look absolute toss.

youngrob

Diesel jeans have always worked for me. Fit well and keep their colour.

brakes
    Free Member

What do you mean by cyclists legs, sounds more like fat legs and arse to me?

Some people are just built differently, I struggle to find jeans that aren’t ‘relaxed fit’. Most normal jeans will fit my waist but are too tight around the leg and bum. 10+ years of football and it’s only 10 years since I stopped playing seriously that my leg shape is changing but the size largely remains.
    Some of the G-Star jeans are generously proportioned in the ‘seat’ area due to the anatomical proportions of their target market.

loddrik
    Free Member

Haven’t worn jeans for decades. Combat/trek type trousers only. Much more comfy.

TooTall
    Free Member

big waist short legged size

still smart enough to wear to work after a few months

Short, ‘chunky’ and wears jeans to work. Would work be IT support? You are the average STW man 😀

kiwijohn

Carhartt.

clubber
    Free Member

Recently, I found that Next have some cuts that fit well and seem to last pretty well.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve always found the next loose fit jeans to be suitable for me and I’ve got a normal waist and big thighs.

jp-t853

+1 for Gap jeans, they are also the only jeans that fit me in length as I am always inbetween the usual 29″ or 31″.

Cheap at Gretna Gateway if you are ever passing.

miketually
    Free Member

Combat/trek type trousers only. Much more comfy.

Nice comfy elasticated waist? Plenty of pockets for your pension book and reading glasses?

🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member
    theotherjonv

Bugger, one size too small! 🙂

hatter

+1 for Carhartt, big fan of their retro pant jeans.

They last well too.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I find Levis to be a good fit for me.

_tom_
    Free Member

Asos slim fit for me and squats are my favourite thing to do in the gym 🙂

shifter
    Free Member

I desperately need new jeans but all the ones I’ve tried recently have been too short from nuts to waistband, are Howies like that?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The regs and loose-fit aren’t, can’t comment on the hipster side of things.

shifter
    Free Member

Thanks for that, ordered.

ibnchris

Edwin for me. But never ride in jeans anymore as so many have started to fade on the arse it’s worth the 30second change when I get to the office

MrSmith
    Free Member

Edwin ED-55 or Albam selvedge
    Fairly high rise and straight cut with plenty of thigh/bum room.

IanW
    Free Member

Wrangler Texas Stretch, great jeans for cyclists, a bit skinny cut though so perhaps not for supersize thighs.

shifter
    Free Member

Because of this thread I ordered some Carhartt Texas and some Howies Rancher. I’ll be keeping both pairs but the winner is… Carhartt.
    Cyberpint to Kiwijohn, half to PMJ, cheers 😉

yunki
    Free Member

definitely not counterfeit Full Circle jeans for £4 off ebay..

mattsccm
    Free Member

ditto the Wranglers above.

ekul
    Free Member

Diesels ‘krooley’ are my best fitting jeans. due to my rugby I have developed rather generously in the backside and thighs. But even at 38″ they are fairly well fitted, whereas a lot of other brands at that waist tend to be either very baggy or appear as though I have mistakenly tried on jeggings.

I dread jeans shopping it’s so depressing walking into the fashionable stores and having them suppress a giggle when you ask if they have certain styles in a 38 🙁

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

M+S Jeans here – not faded on the butt after 5 years or something.

In fact right now I’m wearing a pair of uuuber baggy M+S shorts that are at least 10 years old. I have ripped them in a few places but they are not quite nearly worn out yet [though some of the fabric has thinned].

10 bloody years – rain, shine, mud and a 200 washes by now I’d guess!

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Flying Horse Jeans
    Denham
    Nudie
    Lee
    Edwin
    Kuyuichi

My personal faves and I sell jeans for a living so road tested a few over the years

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Jeans for cyclists legs’ is closed to new replies.