Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 159 total)
  • Jeans buying – not a simple process!
  • samuri
    Free Member

If you’re over 40, buying anything more than a tenner or from any store other than ASDA, you’ve failed.

MrSmith
    Free Member

If you’re over 40, buying anything more than a tenner or from any store other than ASDA, you’ve failed.

Buying clothes from Asda if you are over 40 means you’ve given up.

aP
    Free Member

Anyone had any LC King (Pointer Brand) jeans?
    Thinking of getting some sent over.

BillMC
    TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Find your nearest Gap outlet store. I picked up two pairs for £6 each and they’re the best fitting and looking jeans I’ve bought in years – regular with a nice dark indigo finish.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

LMT – Member
    Gap for me, ether bootcut or easy as they call them, only place that do decent jeans in a short fit.

No it’s not. Far from it. Edwin, Albam, nudie etc all have much more decent denims in a short fit and variety of rises.

Can the grown men please stop buying clothes from supermarkets. The odd pair of socks is fine but not jeans there’s a reason why they are cheap.

Never mind Asda – I’d consider my life to be over if I bought anything from GAP, or clothes from M&S…

TK Maxx is my usual – Diesel, or Firetrap. They seem to be creeping prices up though, especially on Diesel.

Occasionally, I’ll treat myself and go £100+

trail_rat
    Free Member

Real men make.anything look good 😉

Fwiw id never pay 100 quid for a pair of jean – no matter who makes em.

60 quid is my absolute limit – 20 quid my norm.

Although i do draw the line at uk super markets.

I buy most of my jeans in the usa – significantly cheaper

metalheart
    Free Member

OMITH: Thanks for the TED link, it was worth the watching.

wrecker
    Free Member

My favorites are some lee 101 dry selvedge I got in the sales for about £60. I also own a few pairs of nudies which are pricey but are always on sale somewhere online.
    I have a spare pair of 33×32 straight alf ropy selvedge (brand new) if they’re your size, give me a shout.

br
    Free Member

Last time I bought Levi’s I think I paid @£45 about 4 years ago…now they’re £80 which seems pricey and a rapid price hike

That’d be me doing the same shopping trip a few years ago; so I doubt you only paid £45 for Levi’s 4 years ago – either earlier or you paid more. Came home with none too.

Next seemed to have stopped doing jeans that fit me, slim and long-legged. So the only ones I have now are Superdry (that the wife bought, so no idea on price – very-slim though); or ASDA at £9 🙂

senorj

I like carhart too ,there’s a work wear website(can’t remember)that do them for about £45/50. I’m always between sizes :wink & suffer from a massive fat arse. 🙂
    Br – bet you look like someone from TOWIE with those skinny jeans on…
    😀

I’m slim with long legs too 30/34. Some of us can get away with wearing slim fitting jeans 😉

morgs
    Free Member

As you will be able to tell from this post, I am a style guru and always look immaculate and ‘down with the kids’*

I buy Sainsbury’s jeans. They do what I need them to do. They:
    1) fit
    2) last well
    3) are hard wearing
    4) are cheap
    5) are comfy
    6) cover my gentleman bits
    7) they allow me to spend my hard earned on stuff I want to buy, not stuff I have to

*the fact that I actually typed ‘down with the kids’ makes that statement null & void

maccruiskeen

Real men make.anything look good

I thought the standing fashion advice for men was ‘Just wear what you want, as whatever look you’re going for you’ll just get it wrong’

As a bit of a thread deflection though – if you can stand brown denim instead of blue, and want decent quality and cheap….. German Police Uniform jeans can be picked up, unissued, on eBay for about £15 or less. Wide range of waist and leg sizes (although not all sizes are available all the time). Straight cut with a little bit of lycra in the material so very comfy to wear.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I think wifey gets mine from M&S outlet, havn’t been shopping for years, can’t think of anything worse than trudging round shops with other sheeple.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Uniqlou Selvedgedenim for £40 here.
    I really like the idea of Hiut, but at £130 it’s pretty hard to justify..

chakaping
    Free Member

Uniqlou Selvedgedenim for £40 here.

Yeah that’s what I have, really good quality.

Couldn’t see them on site last time I looked, but the normal jeans look good too.

danielgroves
    Free Member

My last 504s came from TK Maxx, £18. Just gotta get lucky in there though, might go in next week during a lunch break actually and see if I can find some more…

Like you, I love my Levis, got a pair of Lee Coopers which feel pretty nice too though.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Few pairs of Levis 511, or as a more knock about jean some straight leg 501s. I’d rather spend an extra 20/30 quid on something I want and know ill use and like wearing, rather than the one in the shop that’s cheap.

Want to try some Edwin Selvedge though.

user-removed
    Free Member

I get my Carhartts from this lot. £40 upwards..

Rollersnakes

richmars

I used to wear Levis, but the cost difference over what you can pay in Tesco or M+S etc is just stupid. And it’s not just down to being ‘better’. It’s to pay for the brand. I’d rather buy bike bits.

RustySpanner

For work and gardening, Tesco regular.
    Tried Asda but they just fall apart.

TK Maxx, Boundary Mill, charity shops etc for best.

Loads of expensive, hardly worn brands in our local charity shops – nephew volunteers for one and says it’s usually people who’ve bought the wrong size and worn them once or twice.

And what’s with those new jeans with brown patches that already look filthy?
    Ewww.

chvck
    Free Member

You’re either saying that your wife is a “sheeple” or that you’re happy to subject her to shopping with the sheeple there?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Correct.

chvck
    Free Member

Fair enough then! Problem that I have shopping here is that nowhere seems to sell jeans with a larger leg than waist size!

So, twinw4ll – you make wifey go and do all the graft AND do your shopping? I thought you might manage that at least, whilst you lounge around all day 😉

miketually
    Free Member

My jeans shopping list:

* Dark blue;
    * No silly patches or pockets or belt loops;
    * No pre-made wear and/or tear
    * Reasonably roomy;
    * Decent pocket size.

I love the look and idea of Hiut, but can’t remotely justify the price. Have bought Howies in the sale before, but also can’t justify the price. I liked the Uniqlo selvedge I had a while ago.

After a chance find in a charity shop, I bought some H&M jeans for £4 that ticked the list. My replacement pair was £8 on eBay. I wear them seven days a week, for work and play, and rarely wash them; they last as well as Howies ones I’ve had in the past, but I can buy ten pairs for the price of one.

psychobiker
    Free Member

6 foot 32 inch waist, 34 inch leg, can just about get away with skinny jeans although can be tight on the thighs. Oh and 43 years old.

Marcel.

morgs
    Free Member

I wear them seven days a week, for work and play, and rarely wash them

😯

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Yes, my wife is fully trained. 8)

kiwijohn

Carharrt for me.
    Get them on sale at the sydney shop & they just last forever.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Probably a good time to post this again 😆

http://jeansandsheux.tumblr.com

gogg
    Free Member

Since having the kids, I’ve been skint. £8.99 in Tesco and they last about as long as the last £40 pair I had from Austin Reed.

maccruiskeen

bet you look like someone from TOWIE with those skinny jeans on…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpLrVNbzqD4[/video]

rascal
    Free Member

UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE

Seems Uniqlo is too London-centric so that won’t happen – I like to try before I buy.
    Local TX Maxx this morning was bobbins.
    Local clothes shop called Irish had some really nice Levi 506…nice fit, colour…£80 though…I was about to cheekily ask if that was their best price…he cut me dead…you know the answer.

Just found some online – exactly the same delivered for £43.50 – happy boy 🙂

nicko74

schrickvr6 – Member

APC New Standard

My favourite jeans.
    I tried some on, liked ’em, but have read that they ‘relax’ pretty quickly, and can end up being about 2 sizes larger than you bought. How have you found that?

FWIW, Levi’s 514 for everyday; Levi’s Made and Crafted Ruler as a special treat. The M&C fit really well, although the waist is a bit high

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve not found they give that much, I know the general advice is to size down one or two sizes but maybe that’s more for the ‘my sister’s jeans’ crew, no way I’d get a pair of Petit Standards on. Stupidly long as well even with turnips so budget for tailoring too…

maccruiskeen

Local TX Maxx this morning was bobbins

Trick is to look in often when you’re passing rather than go on a specific shopping trip. Because everything is sorted by size rather than style you only have to look at one rack. Every once in a while something rather nice and bargain-tasitc will jump out at you (he says typing in his bargaintastic and exceptionally comfy Element Desoto Coolmax jeans)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘Jeans buying – not a simple process!’ is closed to new replies.