Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Je pense ………. “what to do with bike?”
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s a little story where I bought a Pitch in Nov ’07, started upgrading it blah blah blah ended up with Fox 36 Van R’s, Hope Hoops, Fox DHX 5.0 Air, Double n’ Bash repeat to fade.

It’s a bit “Overbiked” for most things I do and I don’t think it helps that it’s got ST Highroller on the front and a Maxpro on the rear, round the likes of Llandegla etc it drags like a good un, the bike doesn’t weight that much (31-32lbs).

Do I:-
    a) MTFU
    b) Stick a set of Advatage 2.25″ on there for more rolling-ness (?)
    c) Flog the frame and forks and build summit else
    d) Swap/Sell the Forks and put some 140mm jobbies back on there (probably combined with option b))
    e) Any other ideas on a limited budget i.e. 2nd hand frame stley option

chunkypaul
    Free Member

just swop the tyres! HR’s at llandegla….! why?

brakes
    Free Member

change the forks

steve_b77
    Free Member

Paul,

Generally I CBA to change the tyres 😆

Brakes – that answers one question, saying that though the Van’s are barely heavier than coil pikes, we’re talking about 100g’s

hillsplease

Llandegla – you’ll be reet on some Racing Ralphs, preferably in a tubeless guise, an outer ring and you’re there. The forks seem a bit much on paper – but they ride great (presumably) and weigh naff all more than the alternatives, so best hang onto them IMO.

Rotating weight is the thing to sort, I reckon. It’s also relatively cheap so resolve, in part with tyres. Happy pedalling.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Looks like it’s Advantages or the 2.35″ Ignitor Exceptions I’ve got sat in the Shed then.

I hate not being able to make my mind up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Je pense ………. “what to do with bike?”’ is closed to new replies.