Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • JE James – Poor Service (Again)
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

earlier today checked the website, item i wanted was showing in stock, (S-Works XC Shoe, Black) went to Rotherham, tried them on in red, they said the stock system online was for all stores and they didn’t have stock of black (very useful) – however, the sheffield branch had stock, drove over to Sheffield, got there 1 minute after six, so after they closed, knocked on door as could see people inside, explained that id tried them on, i just wanted to pay and take them away – and they said no as above “already cashed up mate, nothing we can do”

so yes, officially they were closed, but they had the opportunity to make a sale, i knew what i wanted, would have took 60 seconds to do the transaction,

clearly making too much money if they can knock back a 60 second sale

bikeneil
    Free Member

If you’ve had poor service from them before, why use them again?

But, even if they had cashed up, they could have still processed your sale. It would have just gone on to the next days total…

wordnumb
    Free Member

Really? What did they do wrong the first time, neglect to offer you a coffee?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Reluctant
    Free Member

Staff are people too ~ just like you. They have lives and families to get home to ~ things that need to be done. They probably worked hard all day for low wages and can’t wait to get away! You can guarantee that those staff aren’t making “too much money”.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Not poor service by them not making the sale but your poor time management by not getting there sooner 😆

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Poor service because they’d cashed up & you were late?
    Sounds dreadful..

Have you ever had to cash up in a shop & then do a sale? It’s a bloody nightmare & I’d have done exactly the same thing.

granny_ring

What he said ^ 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

So you know exactly what size and model you want?

It’s a shame there is no other way for you to buy them…..no way at all 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No other time to buy them either, apparently.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I would have done exactly the same ( I have worked in a shop and I have done exactly the same when someone rocked up one minute after I’d cashed up). Bear in mind that the guys on the till are not the guys who own the shop – they have been there all day and they want to go home, there is nothing in it for them if they end up staying late.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Good job bike shop staff never read internet forums, might be embarrassing returning to the shop within hours to buy them shoes otherwise.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I don’t think I understand, did you think that if they had them online then all the shops would carry them? Or that there was only the Rotherham store?
    I can see it being annoying, but you were late, and they were shut…

edlong
    Free Member

Poor service? A shop failed to sell you something they didn’t have and another shop didn’t sell you something when they weren’t open. Get over yourself.

mjsmke

The OP must drive either an Audi or BMW to think the shop should re open for his ’60 second transaction’ completely ignoring the fact that they will have to spend extra time after he’s gone to cash up again.

MrSmith
    Free Member

No, if he owned an Audi or BMW he would have ‘made progress’ while being alert to other road hazards and in full control and thus reached the shop before closing time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

had the same with tesco’s, absolute b#stards

sq225917
    Free Member

Should have come to us, we wouldn’t even have had the size you wanted.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

tough crowd, bet not a single one of you would find it slightly annoying, ever, at all 🙄

No other time to buy them either, apparently.

I am a person people too ~ just like them. I have a life and family to get home to ~ things that need to be done. I probably worked hard all day for low wages, meh

The OP must drive either an Audi or BMW

nah, i was in a £350 Ford Ka

did you think that if they had them online then all the shops would carry them?

this is normally the case with JE James, seemingly though, and now i know, the online stock is spread across 3 stores (Rotherham, Sheffield and Chesterfield) – most websites with multiple branches you can check the stock of a particular branch, not this one though,

Good job bike shop staff never read internet forums, might be embarrassing returning to the shop within hours to buy them shoes otherwise.

wont be returning, bought the item from a faceless internet warehouse, and people wonder why the LBS is dying

weeksy

wont be returning, bought the item from a faceless internet warehouse, and people wonder why the LBS is dying

Seriously ? because they were closed ! shut… finished…

If you’d walked into a pub after hours would you get served ? a petrol station ?? etc etc.

Some places, possibly you’d have been served, I’d bet 90% of places, no.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Are you for real?

The faceless internet shop is just that ….. One big warehouse with stock of hundreds or even thousands of lines in one place .

J E James independent retailer which you expect to manage and hold stock of the same hundreds and thousands of items in three different locations.

You were happy to ‘use’ the LBS to try on though … Taking up their time and staff….. Which you can’t do online ……. Did you give JE James a chance to get your colour choice ?

Without JE James the post could well have been about the poor service (again) of an online retailer…… About your delivery being a day late, too tight, trying to return, taking a parcel to the post office a minute after they closed , then not getting a quick refund….. Or maybe the correct size being available….. But not in your colour choice !

🙂

Think your alone on this one fella

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

They’d closed hadn’t they? Normally the staff stopped being paied at end of business.
    I used them twice – didn’t enjoy either experience really. So I’ve decided NOT to use them again. Simple.
    Same goes for a shop in kirkstall in leeds.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

You were happy to ‘use’ the LBS to try on though … Taking up their time and staff

was in there trying shoes on for a good 10/15 minutes, not once was i approached by a member of staff, so took up no ones time

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

tough crowd, bet not a single one of you would find it slightly annoying, ever, at all

annoyed, yes, primarily with myself for just missing them. I may even have rolled my eyes before a rueful smile. I wouldnt have created a thread on Europe’s biggest mountain biking forum slagging them off for poor service.

Maybe you can create a thread about how disappointed you are about the way this thread has turned out?

bikebob

Nothing to add that’s not already been said. Annoying when it happens certainly, but it’s life and its not JE James or their staffs fault. I’ve bought all sorts from hem, a great shop.
    As above, your def on your own on this one.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I wouldnt have created a thread on Europe’s biggest mountain biking forum slagging them off for poor service.

i slagged them off on Twitter first, as Europe’s biggest mountain bike forum is a bit shit on a iPhone/Tablet, riddled with App Store pop ups and National Express banners 😉

andyrm
    Free Member

In summary:

– man takes piss trying on shoes from shop stock with intention of buying online, just using physical store to showroom.
    – gets to another shop after it is shut and complains they can’t serve him as they are shut.

This is all easily fixed.

– go in a shop, ask for help with shoes then buy them from that shop.
    – if you are tight on time to collect something from a shop, call ahead, tell them you may be 2/3 mins late and ASK (not demand, you are requesting a favour) if they can get it ready and hang on for you. Turn up with biscuits by way of thanks and be very openly thankful to them for working late to help you out.

The end.

gavstorie
    Free Member

I’ve had poor service from JE James in the last couple of weeks… Ordered 2 parts and received an email saying that they only had 1 in stock and would have to order the second.. I replied asking them to send out the instock item and put the other one on order….

fast forward 7 days and no sign of the in stock part… Call them up to find out that they hadn’t bothered to send it out.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

man takes piss trying on shoes from shop stock with intention of buying online, just using physical store to showroom.

huh? i was ready with cash, I’ve tried doing shoes online, but return almost every pair, fit is everything, id rather pay more, to try multiple sizes on to get something that fits, they were cheaper in store than online as well

edlong
    Free Member

tough crowd, bet not a single one of you would find it slightly annoying, ever, at all

Of course it was annoying, I’d be annoyed too. That doesn’t mean I’d blame the shop for being closed when they’re not open.

br
    Free Member

this is normally the case with JE James, seemingly though, and now i know, the online stock is spread across 3 stores (Rotherham, Sheffield and Chesterfield) – most websites with multiple branches you can check the stock of a particular branch, not this one though,

Oh, you’re a retail/distribution expert too?…

oldgit
    Free Member

Stroof. Reopening might mean switching on the system, reloading the security tapes (often linked to tills) logging on, switching on the lights, getting stock, making sale. Then reverse the whole process. Then the next day explain to your credit office what you’ve done. I don’t work in retail, but I’m pretty sure they don’t have magic after hours sales fairies?
    Online so in stock…..hmmmm
    But more importantly how ####Ing urgently did you need these shoes?

LoCo
    Free Member

Had this a few times when working in bike shops, you say ‘ok just quickly’.
    Hour and half later the customer is still wondering about looking at bikes and waffling about their 1991 Marin Muirwoods. 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

sometimes a system might say in stock, but just sometimes it might be wrong. Broken, wrong colour, short delivered all sorts can go wrong. If my life depended on it I’d ask them to check, call me old fashioned but I find the use of a phone and my mouth very useful.
    You just sat there and nobody came, not even when you clicked your fingers?

discoduck
    Free Member

Stroll on, I bet your mother knows she’s got you !

What method of reporting do you have when she serves Your boiled egg and soldiers 5 mins late, have you got Childline on speed dial ?

m360
    Free Member

most websites with multiple branches you can check the stock of a particular branch, not this one though,

Maybe you could have phoned them to double check they’re in store? You must have know it would have been close to closing before you headed to Rotheram, 1min could easily have been 5 or 10mins. They were closed because you didn’t make it before closing time, I don’t see how that is there problem.

I think that folk expect FAR too much these days and need to get a grip, or face a life of disappointment, anger and frustration. Its only stuff.

chip
    Free Member

Did your ask the first store to check wether the second store had them in stock, normally many stores will offer to do this.

And when you set of from first store to second did you realise you might not make it.

When a shop is closed it’s closed, or you will have people knocking on the door every night of the week at 2,5,10 minutes past.

If I got there 5 minutes before closing to find it closed I would be pissed off but if a shop shut at 6 and I got there at 6:01 and found it closed, that would make sense as I actually got there after it was closed.

scandal42
    Free Member

Should have hid around the corner and waited for them to leave, then taken the smallest one hostage as he walked home.

Wouldn’t have got you the shoes but you could have forced him to wear a nice maid outfit and do some cleaning at your gaff?

Next day ring the shop and arrange to swap him for the shoes, boom, free shoes and a clean house.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I went to buy some pick and mix from woolworths yesterday – it’s a bleeding tesco now – livid.

martinhutch

I’m outside your house now. Milk and two sugars please.

oldgit
    Free Member

If the shoe was on the other foot.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘JE James – Poor Service (Again)’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts