Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Je James delivery times
  • chazmandingo
    Free Member

How slow is this company? I placed an order for some new shoes Monday lunch time. They haven’t even dispatched them yet. I just called and some guy told me I may get them Friday or Saturday. Didn’t seem to be bothered that I ordered them in time for a ride on Saturday morning. Am I being unreasonable that a company should be posting items the day they get the order or at least the next working day?

Lester
    Free Member

I have always been happy with their delivery times, they couldn’t be more helpful when I have had an issue, and I have found Lee in returns particularly helpful.
    did you pay extra for delivery? otherwise I don’t think its that outrageous

munrobiker
    Free Member

Their system is very complicated- anything they have in stock in any of their shops or warehouse is on the website. However, if you order it online and it is only in stock in a shop then they take it to the warehouse. This requires them to set up an inter branch transfer, which may take a day, maybe two depending on when they set it up on the computer and when the van does the rounds and when the staff in the shop get chance to dig it out.

When it eventually arrives at the warehouse they log it into stock, then they start doing the actual preparation for shipping. The courier arrives to collect it later that day, or the next day if it’s after something like 2pm. So you order on Monday, it takes a day for someone to find them in the shop, another day for the van to get them, a day to book it in and another day for the courier to collect, which is Thursday or Friday before your item leaves them.

That’s how it works. And, yes, it is utter bobbins. To the point where the staff find it embarrassing.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Do they still actually do that stupid inter branch transfer? I had assumed as there were no flame threads on STW regarding JEJ that they had changed their system for the better. It’s been 3 years since I last ordered anything from them. I have seen the odd item pop up on google shopping that almost tempted me but then I remembered the last time… and ordered from somewhere else.

chazmandingo
    Free Member

It’s on the DPD courier service. But I don’t think I’ll be ordering again from them.

devash
    Free Member

Never had a problem with them. As has been mentioned above they’re also a bricks and mortar shop, not just an online store, so stock might have to be transferred from a store.

I think we’ve all been been spoilt by Wiggle / CRC same day despatch. 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Je James delivery times’ is closed to new replies.