Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Jay-Z – is it only me that finds him annoying?
  • solman
    Free Member

As above. I know I don't have to listen, but I've just heard one of his songs on spotify and its annoyed me enough to want to post about it.

I'll shut up now 😉

nickc

It would be dull if we all liked the same things, no?

That song? "the day the music died" makes me want to hurt kittens.

Trekster

Add wiLliam, dappy and that new kid on the block iyaz(or sumat)
    Maybe it is a sign of auld age 😕

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmm. I saw him on Jools Holland recently. Jools interviewed him and he seemed like a really decent, intelligent, well spoken sort of chap TBH. And he can rap a bit too. I quite like him TBH. Not the sort of stuff I buy, but a good listen nontheless. I got quite into his last single, it has to be said.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Dappy makes my blood boil, and I'm only 21..

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Don't hate on the jigga man…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

He seems like a decent guy to me too – not what you expect when you hear him talking about stuff.

His missus though, must be one of the most annoying people in the world. Someone needs to teach her how to dance too instead of having a 3 minute fit in each of her music videos…

scruff
    Free Member

Who was the singer with him on Jools Holland? She was fantastic. (It wasnt that Keys lady)

lyons
    Free Member

is that the dappy from that n-bubz? he is irritating. Jay-z is ok, he's one of the better commercialy succesful rappers.

THis guy is about 10 times better though and deserves to be much bigger

Bunnyhop

Never heard of him/her. So can't comment.

MrTall
    Free Member

If Jay Z comes on the radio or TV i immediately turn it off/over. Can't stand him although to be fair he has several other 'urban' artists that are on my same 'irrational hatred of' list all of which make my ears bleed:-

Missy Elliott
    The Streets
    Dizzee Rascal
    And 90% of most other Rap/Hip Hop

Also, just to show it's not just urban stuff – Bjork.

It's probably that i'm just not 'down wiv da kids' anymore but it all just seems like disposable untalented rubbish? Get a catchy old tune that everybody likes, keep the catchy chorus and then rap sh1te over the rest of it – bingo – top 10 hit. I just hope the original artist gets most of the cash?

It would appear that millions of people worldwide disagree with my musical taste though and lap up the urban craze…….

lyons
    Free Member

It pissed me of when kayne west did that song over the daft punk track, and there was never any mention of them… So now loads of people probably think he made that song as well.

Most hip hop is truly terrible, but there is tons of good stuff out there as well. Its not all about gunz bithez and hoes.

clubber
    Free Member

I'm not down with the kidz at all either but I reckon Jay-Z is great – every interview I've seen with him seems to be pretty positive and I quite enjoy his songs even if I'm unlikely to buy them.

Sampling is simple. Sampling in a way that makes a song that people like is rather harder. YMMV.

clubber
    Free Member

Oops

odannyboy
    Free Member

was it jay z that appeared at glastonbury recently or someone else?who ever it was i thought it was a rubbish idea and was just trying to take the festival idea "too da streets man, ya get me!?"

totally put me off the idea of glasto that year…

odannyboy
    Free Member

was it jay z that appeared at glastonbury recently or someone else?who ever it was i thought it was a rubbish idea and was just trying to take the festival idea "too da streets man, ya get me!?"

odannyboy
    Free Member

DrJ

His missus though, must be one of the most annoying people in the world. Someone needs to teach her how to dance too instead of having a 3 minute fit in each of her music videos…

Dunno about that – works for me 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

@ odannyboy

Ok, we heard you the second time.

FuzzyWuzzy

Jay-Z's a legend, would happily do his missus to :p

BoardinBob

He's done alright for a former crack dealer

stumpy01

Whenever I see him interviewed, he comes across as a nice bloke, but I don't like his music.
    It's always really droney.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I don't know all his stuff but this and this are great. Especially when merry, or driving (but never both).

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

scruff – Premier Member
    Who was the singer with him on Jools Holland? She was fantastic. (It wasnt that Keys lady)

Bridget Kelly………….FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKING HOT MAMA !!!!!!!!! 😛

scruff
    Free Member

Bridget Kelly. Thats her. Google doesnt bring up many good images though 🙁

stanfree
    Free Member

I think he is excellant , his wife is stunningly beautifull and his album "The Blueprint" was one of the best albums of last years.

Thank you
    thank you
    thank you
    Your far to kind….

alpin
    Free Member

i dislike most of these wrappers. gun toting, violence inducing, bitch pimping muthas.

shit music.

guido

I quite like him. However that Glasto performance was pants.
    Half arsed miming to Oasis then 99 problems. Terrible.

lyons
    Free Member

i dislike most of these wrappers. gun toting, violence inducing, bitch pimping muthas.

shit music

IGNORANT

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I'd have said one of the slightly less annoying rapper gangster type people

chakaping
    Free Member

He's obviously a smart guy, but I agree that his music just sounds bland to me.

Give me Dizzee any day.

Jamie
    Free Member

alpin:

shit music.

STW.

I come for the atmosphere, but i stay for Alpin's ramblings.

genesis
    Free Member

Think he's outstanding and unusually for a Yank he gets irony, just look at his Glasto performance with the Oasis 'tribute'. Empire State of Mind was the single of the year for me.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Its not just you! Nearly annoying as chipmunk.

genesis
    Free Member

Though Chip seems to be doing rather well with the young people does he not?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i thought he was a knob but saw him on jonathon ross back last year and i was quite surprised, he seemed vey genuine an down to earth and was quite funny.

as for the rap/hip hop type music i cant stand that type of stuff but each to his own.

Pigface
    Free Member

I think some of his stuff is great.

billybob
    Free Member

He's done some good stuff…

Now N-dubz, chipmunk, tinsy strider or whatever he calls himself I really don't understand the popularity.

alpin
    Free Member

#
    Jamie – Member

alpin:

shit music.

STW.

I come for the atmosphere, but i stay for Alpin's ramblings.
    Posted 1 hour ago # Report-Post
    #
    genesis – Member

RECOGNITION AT LAST!!!!!!!!

chewkw
    Free Member

He is shite.

He talks too fast with the music beats on. What's he on? I cannot understand a word he is saying …

He keeps sticking a finger up to everyone when he talks with the mic and music on.

His wife can sing but nothing special really … SuBo can sing too.

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Jay-Z – is it only me that finds him annoying?’ is closed to new replies.