Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Japanese riders compare 29/26" for stair climbing?
  • mrdestructo

Have we got a translator in the hoose?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKk03ViBTxQ[/video]

I’d love to know what scientific reasoning they are giving here and the uttered comments.

ampthill

Is it just me or is not ridding up those quite impressive?

cynic-al
    Free Member

The steps look less steep and poerhaps individually smaller than ours.

They are midgets remember? That’s probably a 26er and a 24er, rather than a 29er there 😉

DrP

in the wet too!!

DrP

lipseal
    Free Member

So that where all our old clothes go 😆

druidh
    Free Member

Amateurs!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYt6IqaHk_Q[/video]

mrdestructo

They are midgets remember? That’s probably a 26er and a 24er, rather than a 29er there

First time I read that I only saw the step geometry construction bit. Then I saw the second (stereotypical) sentence and now and I feel really guilty for smirking.

I will admit I’ve looked at staircases many a time and envisioned riding up them like this. But sadly I’v had to fall back on the lesser skill of simply riding down them as fast as I can.

TheSwede
    Free Member

He was saying that although the 29er felt much smother and easier to pedal with constant torque application compared to the staling effect on the power delivery from the 26er due to the miniscule childs wheels hitting each step, he was almost certain that the experiment would conclude with the 29er exploding.

godzilla
    Free Member

36er 😯

bullheart
    Free Member

They are midgets remember? That’s probably a 26er and a 24er, rather than a 29er there

Cynic-Al – Doing for race relations what Godzilla did for ballroom dancing… 😉

He was saying that although the 29er felt much smother and easier to pedal with constant torque application compared to the staling effect on the power delivery from the 26er due to the miniscule childs wheels hitting each step, he was almost certain that the experiment would conclude with the 29er exploding.

Your Japanese is rusty my friend. He was asking where the nearest used panties vending machine was, I think you’ll find…

mrdestructo

Cynic-Al – Doing for race relations what Godzilla did for ballroom dancing…

and I presume after this:

Your Japanese is rusty my friend. He was asking where the nearest used panties vending machine was, I think you’ll find…

….you’re going to now come out with how you’re related to Prince Philip?

@TheSwede – that makes me laugh. I hope it’s a fair translation 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

…it’s all ’bout the stereotype, my man.

ampthill

I’m fairly sure the torgue delivery thing is total b&%$(*

It would be easy enough to weight a 26 inch wheel to have the same moment of inertia as a 29 inch wheel, if you the added weight to the hub of the 29 er so they had the same weight. It would then be easy to do a side by side comapison

But I can’t really imagine that anyone would believe that lead on the rim would make their bike climb better.

singlespeedstu

I’m fairly sure the torgue delivery thing is total b&%$(*

I’m fairly sure you’ve missed the point of what TheSwede was saying. 😉

mrdestructo

It appears we have a contender for riding tests! 8″ wheels FTW!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IvLA1Fn5Tc[/video]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Japanese riders compare 29/26" for stair climbing?’ is closed to new replies.