Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 260 total)
  • January Beard
  • trevorx
    Free Member

My last shave or trim was 1st Jan. I always thought my beard grew quite healthily and even, but it seems the more it grows it varies. The cheeks seem to have stalled but the chin/neck is moving on.

ChrisHeath

I’m still in. And still not taking photies.

trevorx
    Free Member

It’s that time again.

Full daily record

It’s as if it’s stopped, doesn;t feel like much prgress over the last few days !

miketually
    Free Member

Will take some tonight; I look like I have a beard now.

Seriously considering keeping mine until the summer.

juan
    Free Member

Today’s update (remember I started the 6th)

I might trim it this week end though as I will have to talk to a group meeting

DezB
    Free Member

I woondered what this thread was about.. it’s scarier than I ever could’ve imagined.

miketually
    Free Member

juan = pirate

miketually
    Free Member

Day 23

clicky

clicky

jimmy

OK, I’m ready to trim.

I have been going since 10th December and am getting looks from people that have gone past “oh you’ve got a beard” to “Errm, OK, you’ve won the bet but seriously now….” and “Woops you put your head on upside down this morning”.

Thinking about shaving it feels like taking a pet to the vets to have it put down. We’ve become very attached, but I think its time.

Alternatively I could just take the pet to the grooming salon, have a trim, scrub, wash n conditioner and get back out there with a new lease of life.

OK, time to stop procrastinating over my studies.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

AKK, AKK, AKK, why ever did I click on this topic ?? << whimper >>

jimmy

go on si, nustle in. hmmmmmmmmmm

rOcKeTdOg

it’s all gone a bit unwieldy

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

beards, the elephants’ grave yard for faces 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

Thinking about shaving it feels like taking a pet to the vets to have it put down. We’ve become very attached, but I think its time.

Alternatively I could just take the pet to the grooming salon, have a trim, scrub, wash n conditioner and get back out there with a new lease of life.

I think mine might be a keeper, but will need a bit of trimming. I’m leaving it au naturale to the end of the month, but will be tidying up the neck a bit after that.

hairy chin = beard
    hairy neck = tramp

miketually
    Free Member

beards, the elephants’ grave yard for faces

I’m very ugly, so the beard helps 🙂

jimmy

Have trimmed… was an experience. Put the #1 attachment on my clippers and extended the blades fully, expecting to take off a couple of mm’s and tons fell off, way more than expected. So now it is fuzzy all over rather than grizzly.

I miss it 🙁

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Well I’m loving my baby smooth face 🙂

SSP

ChrisHeath

You were loving your baby smooth face when you were beard growing though Alex.

😉

deus

remember giving up shaving for lent.

some quality shave photos afterwards, the “donald finlay”, mexican bandit, full tash and the “chaplin” (as it’s known in pc circles)

miketually
    Free Member

A #1 attachment’s only about 3mm, isn’t it? That’s quite short 🙂

Mine will be getting a tidy around the neck at the weekend, but I think I’ll be keeping it. Might have a go over with the clippers too, to even it up.

trevorx
    Free Member

from looking at these pics mine has definately stopped growing. Could be handy in a kind of not needing to shave type way but not handy in a ‘growing a bush’ competition.

On a course all week so no access to camera. Maybe the picture on Friday will be better !

brakes
    Free Member

why does everyone have ginger beards? 😐

shinsplints

I think this thread should be renamed “The January David Bellamy lookalikes competition”

I think I win..I look just like him….

miketually
    Free Member

from looking at these pics mine has definately stopped growing. Could be handy in a kind of not needing to shave type way but not handy in a ‘growing a bush’ competition.

I thought mine had slowed down, but it’s gone quite bushy this morning.

why does everyone have ginger beards?

I think it’s the flash. Mine’s much lighter-coloured than my hair, but the photos are always taken in a room with red walls so it looks redder. That’s my excuse, anyway.

jimmy

I thought mine had slowed down, but it’s gone quite bushy this morning.[/quote]

Mine did the same, thought it had finished. Then realised how bushy it was ‘all of a sudden’

It hasn’t stopped, you’re just getting used to it. 🙂

martyntr
    Free Member

Jimmy it’s looking good….

rOcKeTdOg wins me thinks…

miketually
    Free Member

I think rocketdog started before New Year, so he’s had a head start 🙂

Everyone at work thinks I’m odd(er than they did before). I think my students are impressed though.

miketually
    Free Member

Last Friday update tomorrow, before final photos on Saturday.

I currently look like a tramp. I think the beard will be staying, at least for a while, but it needs a bit of a tidy up.

Drac

ChrisHeath

Lee, you’ve let yourself go a bit.

🙂

Drac

I know I’d never thought I’d smoke.

miketually
    Free Member

Day 30:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_mc/3238846155/

The flash is broken in my camera…

trevorx
    Free Member

and now it’s gone

that tach lasted 2 minutes …

FoxyChick
    Free Member

All you need to do now is lose the beads! 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Day 31:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_mc/3243675500/
    The shadow on the wall makes it look a lot bushier than it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_mc/3242842397/

The beard has stayed, though in a slightly trimmed and neatened form. It’s really hard using hair clippers on chins and under noses.

rOcKeTdOg

jimmy

My last pics are above, c.6 weeks of growth. Shaving it off so quick leaves me feeling empty and small-chinned.

February beard anyone?

miketually
    Free Member

My January Beard is staying on into February.

Merak

miketually
    Free Member

My students think trevorx wins.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 260 total)

The topic ‘January Beard’ is closed to new replies.