Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 260 total)
  • January Beard
  • miketually
    Free Member

On the old forum, there was some talk of having a beard-growing competition in January, so SSP could win the “Shouldn’t Have Bothered” Award.

Anyone up for it?

rOcKeTdOg

too late already got a ‘matt’

gtkid
    Free Member

Started a wee while back and even trimmed it, much to my better halfs delight. Yes I looked better, but hairs everywhere.

carbon337
    Free Member

I’m about 10 days into my xmas beard already – convinced the wife that if its ok for Prince William its good enough for me. Ive got a week before work to “develop it”. Does baby-bio encourage growth I wonder – lol

gtkid
    Free Member

Salt – rub it in yer face, hair gets thirsty and comes out for a drink, no really!

postierich
    Free Member

Shaved mine off xmas eve they are so last year!

On its way back for SSUK09 just started again.

miketually
    Free Member

I have 17-year-old students who can grow a better beard than me. It’s genetic; apparently my dad tried to grow a soup strainer but gave up after three weeks when there was virtually no sign of a tache.

Mine’ll be only 5 days old when I go back to work, so will just look like a scruffy git. But I look like that every Friday, so it shouldn’t make much difference.

Trim and shape or leave it be?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Count me in. Pics of freshly shaven face on Jan 1st then weekly updates. Then on 31st Jan final pics and judging.

Mrs is threatening no sex thing is she is 6 months pregnant and I dont get a look in anyway so its a bit of an empty threat.

Oh and leave it be. It has to be impressive.

Whose in?

miketually
    Free Member

I’m in.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I’m in too, despite getting some blades and shaving soap for Xmas!

I’ll shave tonight and post a pic then let the stubble begin! Anyone else wanting to join in should do the same and we’ll have a beard-off each week (friday?) to chart the (lack of) progress.

SSP

trevorx
    Free Member

I like the sound of this …

miketually
    Free Member

Friday evening/Saturday morning are probably when people are most likely to have time to take and upload photos, or is that just me? The last day of the month is a Saturday too.

epicyclo

To be fair I think this should have 2 classes – one for men, and one for women

miketually
    Free Member

I’ll kick in a prize for the lady with the best pant beard by the end of January. Maybe a Gillette Venus?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Add this thread to your favourites so there will be no need to start a new thread every week I will take a pic as soon as possible. I will either shave tonight or tomorrow.

epicyclo I think there is the need for two classes, if women join hoping to win a prize for worst beard knowing they wont even have stubble thats wrong.

Thats face beard mike!

Post your pic at anytime over the weekend a day or two isnt really going to make much difference is it?

firestarter
    Free Member

i like beards but cant have one at work ;-( bugger

miketually
    Free Member

In case it catches fire?

psychle
    Free Member

I already have a month’s growth going on… don’t want to shave it off to join in, but I look forward to welcoming you all to the beard club by the end of the month 🙂 Beards are the future!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’m 41 and still can’t grow anything like a good one.

Would love to have a good one for SSUK09 but I can’t rep to my customers with patches of bum fluff in patches over my chin. I’ve even got grey ones coming through 🙁

ton

i like the sund of this game too.
    had a shave this morning, so count me in.

i look like geoff capes when i have a beard.

miketually
    Free Member

Shaved this morning and just got my eldest to take a photo of me. I’ll get it uploaded and post it here in a minute or two. I look bloody old in it; in my defence, I’ve been ill.

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

I’ll enjoy watching this play out.
    However, I’m not shaving my beard to join in… I’ve already resolved to see how long I can grow the goatee part. Not trimmed the bit on my chin since I started. I keep telling the kids I teach that I’m going to platt (sp?) it when it gets longer 😮
    I can’t do the full beard as nothing will grow on my sides, so I’m just going for a big mustache/goatee as unkempt as I can get away with.

miketually
    Free Member

link

I got the Christmas tree in for added festivity.

cinnamon_girl

No ladies will admit to having any – that’s why beauty salons were invented 🙄

miketually
    Free Member

Good grief I look pasty and scrawny in that photo.

singlespeedstu

cinnamon_girl – Member

No ladies will admit to having any – that’s why beauty salons were invented

There was a lady competitor in the beard competition at SSWC 07.

She outbeared half of the male competitors aswel. 😯 😯

daim

Im 3 weeks into beard growth but will definitely keep it going now 🙂

gamo
    Free Member

yup very much an 08 thing, mine came off a week ago.

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

Webcam in the dark (kids are going to sleep) so a bit grainy.

Not cutting it off to start again, but will keep growing it for the duration to see how long it will get…

miketually
    Free Member

Woah! How long did that take?

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I have just had a shave; Merkur HD razor with Feather blades and Taylor’s soap…damn near bled to death! 3 pass shave (with, across and against the grain) so now I am baby-butt smooth and ready to start growing my face-warmer.

Only spanner in the works is the Mrs demanding that I shave it off if I start to look like a tramp!

Photo tomorrow, too much beer tonight 🙂

SSP

Goz
    Free Member

Beards and who’s got the nichest singlespeed….

miketually
    Free Member

Only spanner in the works is the Mrs demanding that I shave it off if I start to look like a tramp!

Of course you’ll look like a tramp, you’ll have a beard!

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

Woah! How long did that take?

Since The end of August…

trevorx
    Free Member

Day 1 – first bladed shave in months

miketually
    Free Member

The race is on!

I was disappointed not to wake up to a full busy beard this morning.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I was disappointed not to wake up to a full busy beard this morning

I was just disapointed to wake up! Damn that Becks beer! Not much stubble let alone beard to show!

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Picture here:

January 1st 2009

SSP

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im off to have a shave in a min will take a pic today but cant post until monday because I left my wires at work 🙁

But the race is on. And trevorx already looks like something to be reckoned with!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just shaved photo will be up asap.

The wife keeps moaning about it and its only just started.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 260 total)

The topic ‘January Beard’ is closed to new replies.