Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • James Wilson training plans question
  • MSP

Has anyone used his training plans? I have seen them recommended a few times on here before, but there is a just shit load of marketing guff on his website.

Just wondered what sort of “weekly” balance of exercises they follow?

It kind of sounds like it is mainly focused on gym work, and not much actual outdoors exercising. Which I am sure is fine and would probably work for some, but I would probably struggle to keep motivated.

akak
    Free Member

Yes the plans are based around getting stronger, then you just ride like you normally would. I have some and incorporate the exercises into ad hoc strength work but I have never formally followed a program as it doesn’t fit easily into my schedule.

There is/was a free starter program for an email sign up. He does email literally every day but I actually still read them as there are often useful tips.

martinh
    Free Member

Yes, based around weights – body weight, dumbbells, kettle bells depending on the workout you get. As akak said, they are there to strengthen and improve mobility to help your riding. Ideal for those winter months when its not always easy to find the time or motivation to ride

tmb467
    Free Member

Depends on which one

The underlying physical aspect of it is pretty much based around core strength and movement to support standing and seated pedalling and building up to single legged lifts and dynamic movements. He definitely knows his stuff and tailors the gym side to mountain biking. The free 30day intro was pretty good so I got his 90day one and then another one which was pretty much a rehash of other free stuff he’d done

His warm up / stretching stuff is pretty old school tho. Nothing you couldn’t learn from any basic Pilates / yoga but his approach to kettlebell exercises is very good. Plenty of his stuff on YouTube too if you want to try before you buy

Nutrition and motivational stuff is ok – didn’t suit me but I learnt some stuff from it. Not massively expensive either

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘James Wilson training plans question’ is closed to new replies.