Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • James May's Cars of The People
  • Harry_the_Spider

Sunday night car show on the BBC featuring 1/3 of the former Top Gear shower and no thread?

Enjoyed it a lot. He’s way better when he isn’t with Clarkson and the other one.

Glad that the BBC didn’t cut all ties with him in the aftermath of Arseholegate.

votchy
    Free Member

I watched it and enjoyed it too, agree James May on his own is quite good. *spoiler alert* how many of that lumberjack shirt does he own or was it all to make it look like it happened in one day????

bol

Yes, he’s always been the pick of that bunch for me. Clever, knowledgable and witty, with none of the novelty act.

rickmeister

Really enjoyed last nights programme…. Nice pace, balance of facts and fun, small poke at radio dj’s… All good.

Klunk
    Free Member

it has morphed a bit into a top gear lite, lambos, power and a race

Edukator
    Free Member

This is quite upsetting, the BBC has done something I approve of. Unfortunately not on i-player so only the trailer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I enjoyed it too.

But then I like his style.

Drac

See no haters that’s why there was no thread.

I was at work so will catch it on iplayer.

sharkbait
    Free Member

JM has not done a single program that I didn’t enjoy.

mildred

This is quite upsetting, the BBC has done something I approve of. Unfortunately not on i-player so only the trailer

It definitely is on I-player – I’m watching it now.

Edukator
    Free Member

Sorry, this episode is not currently available

probably an IP related block. Proxy needed.

RustySpanner

I agree, it’s really good.
    Like his writing too, his Telegraph column was excellent.
    I don’t always agree with him mind, but well worth reading.

As with the recent Guy Martin stuff, this just shows how much better TV is when the presenter has genuine love and knowledge of their subject.
    It’s infectious.

northernmatt

I watched both new ones last night. Really enjoyed them, but then I’ve liked pretty much all the stuff he has done on his own without the other two. His Toy Stories show was good and I really liked that show about drink he did with Oz Clarke.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

To be fair the on the rare occasion May and Clarkson did a serious piece together about car history they were quite good. The Chinese car segment, saab and the origins of the modern car layout spring to mind.

shermer75
    Free Member

What’s the music when James May is in the Quattro? It’s driving me nuts. 46.30 to 47.10 or so…

stumpy01

Is it a new series? I saw it advertised, but assumed it was a repeat of the programme of the same name about a year or more ago?

I think it was a 3 parter?

mogrim

Enjoyed it a lot. He’s way better when he isn’t with Clarkson and the other one.

You can say that about any of them, though – Clarkson’s done some decent documentaries, and when Hammond calms down and doesn’t act like a hyperactive child isn’t that irritating either.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s from some eighties movie, I can just about picture it but then it flies away from me! Ugh it’s so annoying! I think the movie’s about a guy who gets keeps getting doublecrossed or something like that…

shermer75
    Free Member

Yes, all new series, another 3 parter

matt_outandabout

He is right as well. The Panda *is* the 4×4 of the people, and has spawned how many imitations of ickle 4×4/faux 4×4 since…

stumpy01

shermer75 – Member

Yes, all new series, another 3 parter

Bugger…..will have to fire up the iPlayer. Cheers.

ourmaninthenorth

Haven’t seen it, but will watch it.

However I find him no less of a **** than the other two.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heh. Only watched the 1st. Disappointed.

pictonroad

I agree with all that. Thoroughly enjoyable without the pack mentality. I WANT that blue Land Cruiser.

shermer75
    Free Member

Panic over. It’s from ‘The Long Good Friday’:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAXxYKave6o[/video]

CountZero

sharkbait – Member
    JM has not done a single program that I didn’t enjoy.

As with the recent Guy Martin stuff, this just shows how much better TV is when the presenter has genuine love and knowledge of their subject.
    It’s infectious.

I’d love to see a May/Martin programme, I read that Guy wasn’t at all comfortable with the idea of being involved with Top Gear, but I reckon him and James would work well together, both having that love of all things mechanical.

project
    Free Member

cars of the future we didnt get , this week.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘James May's Cars of The People’ is closed to new replies.