Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • James martin coffee grinder.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Got the offer of one on the cheap. Are they any good or should I stop mincing about and buy a "real" one.?

allthepies
    Free Member

He's a coffee shaker (in a Gareth Hunt styleee)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

does it come with a sense of self loving smugness and a hatred of cyclists?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Forgot about "that" article. Maybe not then eh…

MrSmith
    Free Member

only good for filter or cafetiere. you need a burr grinder for espresso machines

nickc

I've got one of those bought ages ago, it's just a generic grinder with his name on it, It doesn't make a bad person.

only good for filter or cafetiere. you need a burr grinder for espresso machines

Piffle, it's fine. Unless you're completely anal about it.

Drac

What load of old shit.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Conical Burr Grinders • Burr Grinders • Blade Grinders
    Capresso offers grinders in all three categories.

Conical Burr Grinders preserve the most aroma and can grind very fine and very consistent. The intricate design of the steel burrs allow a high gear reduction to slow down the grinding speed. The slower the speed the less heat is imparted to the ground coffee thus preserving maximum amount of aroma.
    Because of the wide range of grind settings these grinders are ideal for all kinds of coffee equipment, Espresso, Drip, Percolators, French Press. The better Conical Burr Grinders can also grind extra fine for the preparation of Turkish coffee. Grinding speed is generally below 500 rpm.
    Burr Grinders with disk type burrs grind at a faster speed than conical burr grinders and create a bit more warmth in the coffee (10,000 to 20,000 rpm). They are the most economical way of getting a consistent grind in a wide range of applications. They are well suited for most home pump espresso machines. However they do not grind as fine as Conical Burr Grinders.
    Blade Grinders “smash” the beans with a blade at very high speed (20,000 to 30,000 rpm). The ground coffee has larger and smaller particles and is warmer than ground coffee from burr grinders. Blade grinders create “coffee dust” which can clog up sieves in espresso machines and French presses. These type of grinders are suitable for drip coffee makers. They also can do a great job for grinding spices and herbs. They are not recommended for use with pump espresso machines.
    When coffee is freshly ground and freshly brewed many people can tell the difference in taste from burr-ground and blade-ground coffee.

Drac

Like I said then.

I use a blade one and it makes fantastic coffee, I severly doubt this bit "When coffee is freshly ground and freshly brewed many people can tell the difference in taste from burr-ground and blade-ground coffee."

TooTall
    Free Member

Burr grinder is superior. I was a doubter but the difference is there.

Those who can't tell the difference probably drink Fosters or John Smiths Smoothflow in the pub 🙄

Drac

Those who can't tell the difference probably drink Fosters or John Smiths Smoothflow in the pub

BARF!

headfirst
    Free Member

TooTall: spend a lot of time looking down on people?

TooTall
    Free Member

Yes – yes I do. I look down on most people most all of the time. That is the way of the world.

headfirst
    Free Member

Such a burden for you to bear…I almost feel sorry for you 😐

TooTall
    Free Member

No – really – you shouldn't. I mean – most everyone looks up to me. There is one bloke on here who doesn't look up to me, but he really is in the minority.

headfirst
    Free Member

As long as you're not looking down on minorities, I guess that's ok.

MrSmith
    Free Member

TooTall: spend a lot of time looking down on people?

maybe he just likes drinking good coffee (from a good roaster not supermarket stuff that is months old and past it's best)
    and likes real beer not gassed and pasteurised cooking lager?

headfirst
    Free Member

Clippety clop, and along comes MrSmith.

TooTall
    Free Member

Perhaps my height-related humour is too subtle for you Mr headfirst?

I take it you are a Nescafe and Fosters sort of man then? Small and angry as well? Bless you.

headfirst
    Free Member

My remarks too tongue in cheek for you TT??

Wouldn't touch Nescafe (dont like Nestle) or Fosters (Oz beer is shite).

Small: you'll have to ask my wife.

Angry: No, just bored and making mischief.

Tara for now

TooTall
    Free Member

Ah – a snob trolling for sport. Fair enough.

Mellow Birds chap then.

Bing
    Free Member

FWIW I usually drink that coffee flavoured hot drink you get out of vending machines, sometimes its good sometimes its bad.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Clippety clop, and along comes MrSmith.

i was just asking a question, not carving new commandments in stone.
    (i don't own a horse either)
    XI thou shalt not drink cooking lager
    XII thou shalt not drink shite coffe made from freeze dried concentrate
    XII thou shalt take the piss out of philistines for they hast no taste
    XIV thou shalt not buy products endorsed by a corpulant cyclist hating chef

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

TooTall – Member
    No – really – you shouldn't. I mean – most everyone looks up to me. There is one bloke on here who doesn't look up to me, but he really is in the minority.

Don't get me in on this.

Just remember, we're not tall, they're all short 😉

As to comments about looking down on / being looked up at, I can assure you, TooTall speaks in jest, he is very down to earth and whilst we might look down upon the rest of you minions we don't 'look down' on anyone, even if they do happen to be vertically challenged 😉

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I ? modern technology. There are even machines that can buy the illusion of having good taste.

😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

wot like a turner, ventana or santa-cruz?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

wot like a turner, ventana or santa-cruz?

hells, yeah! 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

Turner? Ewwww – how crass. I'd put 29ers in that bracket too.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘James martin coffee grinder.?’ is closed to new replies.