Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • James Blake
  • organic355
    Free Member

Anyone got his album, I got it for my birthday and am a bit underwhelmed.

Feel like he has been so hyped by the bbc that I was expecting something special. If you look on Amazon his album has very mixed views.

So anyone loving it?

derp
    Free Member

I got into him through his Klavierwerke and CMYK EPs and am a fan. I like my minimal stuff so its a nice direction for dubstep to go into.

The album has been hyped to a ridiculous level though. It is good, but not THAT good. Jamie XX is putting out better goods IMHO.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7c3wRzUUjs[/video]

…but it’s all good.

DezB
    Free Member

A bit too much singing I thought. The early stuff was all the better for being so chopped and screwed. Seems to have decided that “songs” are his thing and there’s enough of that out there already.
    Still the good tracks are bloody amazing, like The Wilhelm Scream.

(Plus he’s getting too popular and we don’t like that now, do we? 😉 )

Mister-P
    Free Member

I had a listen through once and it was ok, bit background muzak really. Maybe another listen or two will help. If I can be bothered.

thomthumb
    Free Member

some standout tracks but not an amazing album imo. need to give it a ‘proper’ listen though.

derp
    Free Member

(Plus he’s getting too popular and we don’t like that now, do we? )

Damn straight!

stanfree
    Free Member

As usual ‘Fearne Cotton’ and co on Radio 1 are creaming themselves over him , personally I find him really ,really dreary.

CountZero

Heard some on 6. Just some bloke droning into a vocoder. Hardly original, and pretty dull, frankly.

derp
    Free Member

Heard some on 6. Just some bloke droning into a vocoder. Hardly original, and pretty dull, frankly.

That sentence is to accuracy what you are to Android fan forums.

donsimon
    Free Member

They’ve started polluting the airwaves with this tripe recently. 😯
    I was going to start a ‘WTF?’ thread. I like a wide range of music, I don’t think I can even call it music.

It’s a load of self-important, dull crap to my ears – but that’s just my opinion.

sc-xc

the cover reminds me of the bit in Four Lions where they are shaking their heads so as not to picked up on CCTV

Mooly
    Free Member

I cant see how they all say its so new. Very much like Burial of a few years ago if you ask me. Maybe its taken a few years for the sound to be acceptable and recognised.
    Any way. As others have said is slightly underwhelming after all the fuss. Additionally how funny that the best song is a cover of Fiest.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Yep, he is no Lewis Taylor…

duntmatter
    Free Member

James Blake = Blubstep

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘James Blake’ is closed to new replies.