Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • James at the Royal Albert Hall
  • reluctantlondoner

Was lucky enough to get a ticket to see James (and Starsailor) at the RAH in London last night and it was epic. Still buzzing from it this morning. One of my enjoyable gigs ever.

James are one of those funny bands – always seem to forget how much I love them, so I fight with myself about playing them. But then every time that I do I never fail to break into a huge smile.

Going to make my new year resolution to be that I have to dance like Tim Booth at least once every day!

Was anyone else there?

rone

Not there, but will be at Leeds on Sunday.

I make no apologie, James are fantastic live. Will be my 5th time seeing them.

How are the new songs sounding?

reluctantlondoner

The new stuff was brilliant! To be fair, I’ve not kept really kept up with the last 3 albums, but I will be buying them today because it just seems that it sounds like, well, James. It was a good set list – you will have a blast.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP, I have to confess my great ignorance but I had to look up the band (always interested to discover music). Had to chuckle when I saw the name of the latest album, obviously having a French girlfriend I understand the term 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d go just for Starsailor. Saw them live in oxford soon after their first album came out, in my top 10 of gigs.

mrblobby
    Free Member

midlifecrashes

Saw them at Manchester Castlefields in the summer. Great night, good mix of old and new stuff. Front row too. Haven’t bought a ticket for Leeds, we had other stuff planned for this weekend, but plans have changed and I might go up, if I can get a standing ticket rather than seats.

pete68
    Free Member

Yep,I was there as well. Managed to get last minute tickets off someone who couldn’t go so got them cheap. Also went to see them at oxford and bristol. I think this is the best album they’ve done for a while. What’s also good about seeing them live is that they change the set list every night so last night contained a few that weren’t played at either the other nights I went.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘James at the Royal Albert Hall’ is closed to new replies.