Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jailbreaking – have I just wasted my time?
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

So after a long time of owning an iPad and being annoyed with not having an easy way to just drag and drop stuff (you know, like any normal device built after 2000 should) I finally got around to jailbreaking it.

Now, if I’m right, it was a massive waste of time and I’ll still need a host program to transfer files. Please tell me I’m wrong and I’m missing something obvious here (I suspect I’m not though).

Bonus being if I restore I think it’ll force me to upgrade to 8.3, yaldy 🙄

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I believe you’ll need a host program to transfer files.

Upload files to your jailbroken iPhone or iPad using iFile

When you start using various Cydia apps to tweak your device, it will function better. Not life changing but lots of small things are worth it. A good example is ‘Loud Alarm.’. I can listen to a podcast at a low volume but then my alarm clock in the morning is full volume. It’s the small things.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I could have sworn I read another reply to this earlier…

GrahamS

What kind of files do you want to drag’n’drop onto it?

If it’s media files then there are a few players that expose a web interface which you can drop files onto, or conversely can download files from a media server/ftp/samba etc. (no jailbreak required).

For other stuff I generally just use Dropbox.

willard

Maybe not wasted your time, but you have just undermined the key security proposition on the thing…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Jailbreaking – have I just wasted my time?’ is closed to new replies.