Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • jagwire ripcord gear cables – HELP
  • CheesybeanZ

Bought a set of ripcord cables which come with inner and outer cables plus the actual gear cable – how in gods name do you get the inner into the outer ??? Is there some magic trick I can’t find on YouTube .
    Any experience /suggestion please .

wwaswas

are you sure that ‘inner bit’ isn’t just to bridge the gap between the cable guides on a frame with a partially exposed outer ?

The ferules should have a longer end on them that fits inside the ‘inner’ bit which covers the cable that woudl be exposed and makes the whole run effectively sealed?

[edit]

like this

MSP

I think the bits you are calling the inners are just meant to cover the gear cable where they would be exposed on normal setups, they do not go inside the traditional outer.

bigyinn
    Free Member

This could be the new “stupid headset question” thread!
    I tend to avoid those sheaths as they just hold moisture and negate the point of having slotted guides IMO.

pictonroad

You’ll find that the bit you’re referring to as the inner will push fit over the extended ferrules. If you get your lengths right between the guides it will create a sealed run for the full length of the cable*.

*in theory

Sancho
    Free Member

All you can do is drill out the ferrules.

We had a poor customer in yesterday who was so pissed off with the kit, but it was simply the inner sleave that is supposed to run non stop through was too thick for the ferrules.

CheesybeanZ

Yup looks like I’m wrong , I’ve been using flying snakes cable kits for ages and thought the jagwire was the same .
    Thanks for the replies .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘jagwire ripcord gear cables – HELP’ is closed to new replies.