Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Jacobs Ladder – is it free of snow?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Anybody know?

There was still quite a lot of snow knocking around in the Peak on Whin Hill and Mam Tor last weekend.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

I boarded in the peaks on wednesday and there was alot of snow alot. 2 to 3 foot drifts. Nipped out yesterday to Blackamoor and while theres been a melt there’s still alot about. The wind created a lot of drifts and if its collected in jacobs ladders I could imagine there’s still a lot there. Its still cold though warming.

Perhaps check with eighteen bikes.

Rik
    Free Member

Its all cleared in Sheffield due to being so warm yesterday and today should clear a bit. The drifts were the problem last week on the Beast etc…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ratswithwings
    Free Member

I went out to Blacka yesterday, late afternoon, 5pm – and while it has cleared in sheffo its a very limited melt higher up. Fields are clearing a bit but anywhere that snow has collected into drifts, you’re looking at 2 foot approx depth. From Blacka looking towards mam tor, bleaklow, derwent, lose hill all looked still covered. But I guess that’s signif higher. The wind was a big factor on wednesday and anywhere that had a dip in the geography you were looking at high volume snow – 2 to 3 foot.

flyingmonkeycorps

This does not sound promising for coming out to play on Tuesday!

Rik
    Free Member

Hmm……might not be a goer then.

Just trying to avoid the slop and knee deep mud which is the majority of the Peak at the moment and Jacobs ride is mostly slop free.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

I’d deffo give eighteen bikes in hope a call. They’ll be able to give you top info. This sun over the next couple of days should clear quite a bit.

The snowfall on wednesday was incredible, nevermind the fact that there was still snow on the hills from the week before. We made a few jumps for snowboarding, seshed a couple and went back to another we had built and seshed that day and we had to dig it out as so much snow had fallen. Even with the rain over the past few days there is still a ferk load of snow and its still a lot colder higher up. Jacobs ladder is pretty high and a friend told me on wednesday that there’s 3 foot of snow on kinder.

Give eighteen a bell, they’ll have spoken to people who have been up on the hills and will be more in the know.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Peak District this week – Monday before the bigger snowfall on Wednesday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Jacobs Ladder – is it free of snow?’ is closed to new replies.