• This topic has 477 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by db.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 478 total)
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg
  • councilof10
    Free Member

Do you come across a lot of people?

Yes.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

STW is home to the most prejudicial bigots I ever come across

You don’t get out much do you….

Try Stormfront or some of the darker corners of Arrse to find some truly bigoted folks.

councilof10
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what that means…

kimbers

Try Stormfront or some of the darker corners of Arrse to find some truly bigoted folks.

or one of those free dinners that Moggy goes to

councilof10
    Free Member

or one of those free dinners that Moggy goes to

I believe the quail was to die for… worth tolerating the host on its own!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what that means…

I rest my case..

martinhutch

If you’ve ever got a spare half hour or so, he does an impressive line in filibusters…

I spotted several examples of deviation, hesitation and repetition there. Poor show.

eb2429
    Free Member

So much hostility there must be Momentum members on here..

councilof10
    Free Member

The pauses and hesitations are entirely in line with the purpose of a filibuster.

aracer
    Free Member

Which is demonstrating that you’re a ****?

Junkyard
    Free Member

The passive aggressive shoot the messenger is one of my most favourite trolls

ransos
    Free Member

You’re trying way too hard.

martinhutch

The pauses and hesitations are entirely in line with the purpose of a filibuster.

Offensive to the purist, though. Merton should have buzzed in.

ransos
    Free Member

Which is demonstrating that you’re a ****?

Come on now – we all know that subversion of democracy by entrenched privilege is cause for celebration.

aracer
    Free Member

Clearly not a fan of momentum.

dannyh
    Free Member

Councilof10 playing five a side a while ago:

eb2429
    Free Member

You’re trying way too hard.

Not really I can’t work out where the venom comes from, people seem to have such polar views on here its an eye opener, and the amount of anti brexit/government/wealth/capitalistic posts, leads me to think these views can only be spouted by people close to the meat.

No one posts “I understand what you are saying, but i feel” its all “AAAAArgh he’s shite”, “those Tories are idiots”…

But i guess it is what it is on some forums

ransos
    Free Member

I suppose that you might see it that way, if you choose to ignore what is written.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

councilof10 – Member
    Do you come across a lot of people?
    Yes.

I admire your stamina.

Have ever arrived across JRM himself? 😛

ransos
    Free Member

councilof10:
    STW is home to the most prejudicial bigots I ever come across.

Try a mirror:

some people aren’t clever enough
    That’s a rather silly post!
    Possibly a bit too nuanced for some…
    I’m questioning whether it’s sensible to reply to someone who’s clearly not equipped for this debate
    To suggest otherwise is just silly.
    I’m not going to waste my time answering your silly posts!
    an incredible inability to debate the original point many of you seem to possess.
    thought it might make you sound more educated?
    the usual STW anti-privilege bigotry and liberal virtue signalling?
    STW lefty hand-wringing bedwetters
    lazy poor people

nevisthecat
    Free Member

On same sex marriage, he said “I’m a Roman Catholic, and have made it clear to my association, from very early on, that in this sort of matter I would take my whip from the hierarchy of the Catholic Church, rather than from the Government’s whip’s office.”

So I think that reinforces that whilst some of his votes are at the behest of the whip, others are governed by his faith. I can’t find any reason not to respect that

He was elected to represent his constituents, not Rome.

If his name was Sajid and he wanted to impose halal in school meals and prayers 5 time a day you’d be pissing your pants.

aracer
    Free Member

I suspect he’d only have to be called Tim for Shib to suddenly lose respect for voting choices based upon religion.

dannyh
    Free Member

STW is home to the most prejudicial bigots obvious trolls I ever come across

FTFY.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I suppose that you might see it that way, if you choose to ignore what is written.

those reasonable posts must have been deleted…

Junkyard
    Free Member

someone like you needs to go to the DM to see reasonable content

kimbers

plenty of posts detailing why people dont like him; including his voting record, direct quotes, that racists dinner he attended, his stance on homosexuality etc

and a few saying hes just a tit

I think youd have to be pretty blinkered not to see that

ransos
    Free Member

You might choose to see it that way, if it suits your purposes.

mt
    Free Member

Unlike some on here I don’t know him well enough to say if I like him but I do find him interesting, particularly his use of the language.

His politics I see as a bit Corbyn.

tjagain

Mogg belongs here
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ba1OKY7Xc[/video]

slowoldgit
    Free Member

That’s interesting – the term ‘Shibboleth’ is rooted in multiple murder on the basis or tribal or racial intolerance.

Every day’s a learning day.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

councilof10 – Member
    STW is home to the most prejudicial bigots

Indeed

councilof10 – Member

So really, the airport is a huge benefit in this case as it allows lazy poor people to buy homes they can afford.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

not read it all, but has anyone posted the Ali G JRM clip?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGxq3pvJPQ[/video]

mefty
    Free Member

To be fair, a Canadian senator has rather put Mr Rees-Mogg’s filibustering efforts in the shade. He read his book out in parliament which not only achieved his time using objective but also meant he got it translated into French for nothing.

Klunk
    Free Member

sneak preview at part of jrms manifesto

councilof10
    Free Member

not read it all, but has anyone posted the Ali G JRM clip?

I think that was the first time I ever heard of JRM, one of the few Ali G interviewees that didn’t make a complete tit of themselves…

Anyway, back on topic, what I would like to discuss if we can filter out all the class-hate and privilege prejudice, is whether JRM might be just what the UK needs at the moment…

I’m very anti-Brexit, but I’ve come to terms with the fact that leaving the EU inevitable now and there’s nothing we can do about it.

The government could adopt the attitude that they’ve been bullied into making a self-inflicted wound by the electorate, and they are grudgingly going through the motions with neither enthusiasm or confidence in the process or outcome.

However, I think most people would agree that short of punishing the electorate for making a bad decision, not much else will be achieved by that approach.

JRM seems to be the only pro-Brexit voice that gives me any sort of optimism about the future. His clarity and lucidity on matters of process and procedure has made me feel far less pessimistic about leaving the EU, and whilst I wish to God we weren’t leaving, perhaps it’s not all doom and gloom.

What are other people’s thoughts? (without the wealth-bashing please…)

aracer
    Free Member

He’s an arse with an over inflated sense of self importance and would still be an arse with an over inflated sense of self importance if he was poor (though it’s hard to imagine that a lot of his personality isn’t related to his privilege, it’s his personality I dislike, not the privilege). HTH

councilof10
    Free Member

He’s an arse with an over inflated sense of self importance and would still be an arse with an over inflated sense of self importance if he was poor

You’ve let your prejudices get in the way of the discussion again aracer, do you have anything to offer regarding how his current role might affect the Brexit process?

aracer
    Free Member

Prejudices? What exactly are you assuming my prejudices are?

councilof10
    Free Member

Prejudices? What exactly are you assuming my prejudices are?

You see the name Jacob Rees Mogg and you seem to lose the ability to offer anything other than venting your bile. Or maybe it’s just when you see my name.

Such a shame, it would be nice to have a grown-up conversation. Is that something you might be able to manage, or would you be better off venting your spleen on a different thread?

aracer
    Free Member

You asked for our opinions on him, I gave my opinion on him. Exactly what other sort of answer were you wanting from me? No venting of my spleen going on, simply providing my opinion as you requested.

It might help you get the sort of responses you’re after if you request opinions only from people who like him.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Jacob Rees-Mogg’ is closed to new replies.