Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Jack Wolfskin Jackets….. Good or Bad?
  • Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying a down jacket for winter and have seen one I quite like at a Jack Wolfskin store. It’s the Helium down jacket.

I’ve not really heard much about Jack Wolfskin before so can anyone give any good or bad reviews about the company or products?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Jack Wolfskin is a major brand in mainland Euro, it’s all very good quality stuff (German I think but not sure). Just depends if you like the Euro styling.

teasel
    Free Member

I have a jacket (20 years old next year) made of Symaptex and a membrane called H2Off. Wore it in the recent downpours and it was fine but for £350 (in old money) I would expect it to.

Recent stuff is made of a different material so can’t really make comment on that.

Other noteworthy fact : guy who used to write their ‘journal’ at the start of their catalogues was called Manfred Hell. Cool or what…

matt_outandabout

As said, big in Europe, established – hard to see them having many duff products…

davosaurusrex

Missus is German and Jack wolfskin is everywhere. They’re mad keen on the rambling and like a bit of tech so I’m sure it’s good quality, in laws have a few jackets etc. Styling a bit euro for my tastes. I’d describe it as the German equivalent to North Face

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys. I was hoping it was half decent as I like the jacket!

br
    Free Member

They advertise at the football…, chav-wear by definition 😆

alpin
    Free Member

with the colder weather recently i’ve noticed that alomst every third person here in Germany is wearing JW clobber.

i see it as outdoor clothing for those who don’t really go outdoors. more of a lifestyle product and as such i don’t think that their gear is up to the standard of other outdoor wear manufacturers (vaude, Mammut, Schöffel, etc).

nuke

Good kit IMO…I have a 25L JW rucksack that get’s used nearly everyday and is now 20 years old. Maybe popular but then so is Decathlon Quechua gear and I rate that as well.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It’s great kit – been using bits and pieces for many, many years.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Bought a 200 weight JW fleece back in the mid-80s. I affectionately refer to it as Rasputin now, as the damn thing refuses to die!

footflaps

German equivalent of The North Face.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Jack Wolfskin Jackets….. Good or Bad?’ is closed to new replies.