• This topic has 43 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by eep.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Jack Russell Missing on North York Moors
  • eep

Ippy our Jack Russell ran off last sunday (2nd September) Despite postering the area (from Stokesley to Helmsley) and telling anyone who would listen we have heard nothing.

If you are in the Stokesley/Kildale area or on the North Yorkshire Moors could you keep an eye open for her?

Advert here includes a picture and a description. We are offering a reward if she is found but really just want to hear she is ok.

We realise she may (more than likely) still be chasing rabbits but if anyone is going to see her it will be a biker

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not my area, but more than happy to bump this up for you. (Have also reported to teh Modz in the hope they could make it a sticky, hope that’s OK). Picture may help as well.

muddodger
    Free Member

it’s practically my back garden, and my commute to work around those roads so will keep an eye out for you

eep

I know it breaks the flickr terms to direct link. original image here

I really appreciate you keeping an eye open muddodger

seven
    Free Member

Hope she turns up.

Cute

eep

Thanks for the sticky!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Well worth a sticky this.

She reminds me of my old Jack Russell (Pip) who meant the world to me and my family.

Eep – just a suggestion but have you reported her missing to the relevant authorities (thinking mountain rescue or equivalant for the area)?

Even if they won’t send a team out it may help that they know to keep their eye out for her.

Really hope you find her!

eep

Mountain rescue know (we’ve asked them about possible mine workings in the area). Dog wardens in every district from Scarborough up know about her and we’ve put posters up in Bike shops and cafes in the area…

We’ve had a lot of people say they’re terrier was gone for a couple of weeks or more but we’ve not had a single sighting yet and would be happy to hear she is terrorising walkers/bikers in the area.

Keep the suggestions coming we would be really happy to hear we’ve missed something.

bonjye
    Free Member

I live in Great Broughton and have seen your posters dotted about – keeping eyes peeled and fingers crossed. My 3 year old daughter is also on the case. Where exactly did she go missing from?

duntstick
    Free Member

Wouldn’t give up hope, my mate’s Jack Russell went missing and re-appeared 10 weeks later, don’t know quite how she managed, or what occurred in that time but she was Ok. Very slim but Ok. Hope things go well.

bruk

Have you tried local vet practices too. Most strays get passed on to dog wardens but worth ringing a few to see if anything turns up.

Is she microchipped? And if so are the details up to date.

Good luck.

kerv
    Free Member

Nowhere near me, but keeping fingers crossed for you fella.

user-removed
    Free Member

Shared on my dog related FB page – not all that far from NY Moors in County Durham. Hoping for a happy ending!

eep

Bonjye, she went missing on the forestry track next to the Cleveland way heading from clay bank to kildale.
    It was about 500m from the road junction in all the felled trees.

there should be posters up in the vets as well and yes she is chipped, its up to date and a missing marker is on the chip database.

Thanks for the support.

Dave

cranberry
    Free Member

Have you informed the RSPCA in Great Ayton – they would be a logical place for people to report a sighting of a dog sans owner in the area ?

Good luck in getting her back.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any news? (And another shameless bump?)

Great looking hound, so all appendages are crossed!

JulianA
    Free Member

This thread has been “unstickey’d”, so is there some good news?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was what I had hoped, Julian.

bruk

Heres hoping that the JRT has returned.

tinman66
    Free Member

I’ll be up that way this weekend will definitely keep my eyes open for her.

Hope she turns up safe and sound.

eep

She’s not come back yet..

We had a phone call yesterday from someone who thinks they saw her on the road between Chop Gate and Clay bank on either Sunday or Monday.

We are hoping this is her and hope this means she is still in the area.

She is Registered on the RSPCA missing list and there is a poster at the Great Ayton Center.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Fingers crossed mate.
    Hopefully she’ll be back soon and wondering what all the fuss is about!

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

Have you advertised her on Doglost? http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_search.php?status=Lost

It’s a very good site and a great way of letting doggy like minded people know there is a missing dog in the area. Once you have registered then an email will go out to all the local postcodes where there are helpers in place. Also, let the chip company know and don’t rely on any vets automatically scanning her if she is taken in to one. For a small fee, the chip company will notify all local dog rescues for you. You will be contacted by a coordinator who will be able to give you lots of advice. Mainly plot all sightings on a map, dogs travel in triangles and when you have a couple of sightings you might be able to preempt where she will travel to. It also helps if you can identify if she is staying in one spot or moving around. You can also update the site with any sightings that you have. People will help and you will gets lots of advice and encouragement from the site. There is also a found section so check this out periodically in case she turns up there. Good luck in your search and I hope she turns up very soon.

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

If you get any sightings try your best to speak to the person who saw her. Ask as many questions as you can? Such as, exact point of sighting, the time, which direction was she going in? Go to the point of sighting and poster the area. Are there any distinguishing marks on her that will help you identify her over the telephone for example wearing a blue collar, extra long tail? You will be able to print a really smart poster from the doglost site once you are registered. One tip, copy the poster to a word document and change “LOST” to “Missing in your area”. Do not put a date on the poster, it’s irrelevant the longer the search goes on. Put 4 posters to one page of A4 and print loads off, so you can hand out to people. There are lots of places to poster, the best one is the post box! Don’t put them on BT telegraph poles or electric poles as they will be removed, the same as bus shelters. Try and found proper notice boards, footpath/bridleway signs are good. Speak to the local post delivery offce and ask if you can take some posters in to be given to the post workers who drive about, are there other delivery people? I found my dog by going to the local dairy farm who delivered milk in the countryside and I was lucky, a driver saw him and I got the one call that mattered. Posters work, very time consuming and can be costly but they work.

corroded
    Free Member

Have you tried leaving some clothes that smell of you and a bit of food in spot where she might be? We did this for our Goldie but admittedly we only lost her for a night. She was waiting there the next morning however. We discussed leaving a note but she was daft at the best of times.

eep

Yes she is on doglost as well http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=42712 but we may need to change some of our posters.

we’ve tried clothes and food (including cooking some bacon up where she went missing) and have ‘scent marked’ the area she went missing. Until we had the phone call yesterday we were starting to think she had gone somewhere else.

I appreciate what you say about finding as much information from the person reporting the sighting but she was very vague, she couldn’t even be sure which day it was. But it did say to us that Ippy was still in the area she had been lost in and thats a week after she went missing.

haydenw
    Free Member

Just giving you a bump – hope she turns up.

eep

Only one possible sighting so far, was out walking the area today and no sign 🙁

I think the hot weather and ample rabbits are more attractive than home…

cranberry
    Free Member

It is a very nice part of the country to take up residence in.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Best of luck eep. Hope she turns up.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Any news ?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Report it to the police too. They won;t actively look for it, but if someone rings up having seen or found it, at least they’ll (in theory 🙂 ) be able to link it to you.

hora
    Free Member

Have you checked the local dog shelters? RSPCA? All the best and fingers crossed.

godzilla
    Free Member

Hope you find her.

eep

no news

Police and RSPCA know I think it might just be a waiting game. Someone she knows is up where we lost her every morning/evening and I don’t think you could miss the posters.

I don’t know whether we should be walking somewhere else but if we should I don’t know where to start Turning up at the same place every day with no real sign is getting very depressing. We have food and some clothes there but no way of knowing if she has even been back there.

godzilla
    Free Member

eep, have you reported her to the local Animal Warden on 0845 241 7253?

Albanach
    Free Member

eep, have you reported her to the local Animal Warden on 0845 241 7253?

Mountain rescue know (we’ve asked them about possible mine workings in the area). Dog wardens in every district from Scarborough up know about her and we’ve put posters up in Bike shops and cafes in the area…

Hope you find the dug!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Every time I see this thread pop back up, I open it with a mixture of a heavy and a hopeful heart….

Fingers remain crossed.

somafunk

Same here flash, I want to open the thread but every time i do i tend to hesitate beforhand and take a deep breath in first……Jack Russells are the coolest dogs, she’ll turn up soon with a “I’m a f-eckin Jack Russell?, of course i’ve been fine – stop bloody worrying” attitude

This is “Toby”, not quite 100% Jack Russell, not quite 100% sane or normal either but definitely 100% attitude.

igrf
    Free Member

I was hoping this returning was a positive outcome, am a bit perturbed reading it with a new Jack cross Doby pub on my lap not far from fields and a massive warren, hope you get her back, it is still warm and there are plenty of rabbits about, at least there are round here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Jack Russell Missing on North York Moors’ is closed to new replies.