Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • J E James Delivery company GRRRR (APC delivery)
  • Admiralable
    Free Member

Ordered a steerer tube extension thing on Wednesday afternoon. Paid for the quick delivery. Should have been delivered today. Which according to the tracking website it has been closed/carded at 14.20 today. There was a note on the door saying to deliver next door. Which every other company I've delt with will do. Guess what!! No card! No delivery and surprise surprise no way of contacting them to find out whats happened. I called the number for customer services at 6.50pm as soon as I got in to be told customer services closed at 7pm. Funny it was before 7pm when I spoke to someone.

This is why they lost the Vodafone contract. That and the fact that delivery staff were stealing phones and claiming they were lost.

The whole reason for paying for the quicker delivery was to get the part so I can use the bike to do a charity ride for work tomorrow. Which won't be happening now.

When am I getting this part? What was the point of the extra postage? Nearly £5 for standard free postage? What a rip off. I'll stay with CRC in future.

[mod: added delivery company name – for balance]

racing_ralph
    Free Member

and its je james fault because?

sc-xc

What delivery company? Why not slag them off directly instead of JEJames?

cynic-al
    Free Member

racing_ralph – Member
    and its je james fault because?

Because they use the rubbish courier.

Admiralable
    Free Member

APC and yes thats true Al

racing_ralph
    Free Member

NEVER had any trouble with them and delivery – why not slag APC instead in the thread title?

cynic-al
    Free Member

racing_ralph – Member
    NEVER had any trouble with them and delivery – why not slag APC instead in the thread title?

So that folk know JEJ use APC who are crap?

It's not rocket science Rob!

Admiralable
    Free Member

well called APC customer services to be told that I was carded because thats what it says on their system. irrespective of me not actually having had a card through the door. i have to go and collect the package now. from caerphilly. thats ok it's only a 70 mile round trip with no car. i'll walk it shall I? best part is they are only open from 9 till 7 monday to friday and 9 till 12 on a saturday. when during my full time hours am I supposed to do that? I leave the house at 6.30am and don't get back till 7.30! one thing is certain despite it not being anything to do with JEJ service I won't be using them again. i'll stick to CRC.

allthepies
    Free Member

Their courier is also too restrictive/unsuitable for me so in future I'll shop elsewhere. Shame.

jonb
    Free Member

Much as people slag off royal mail and parcel force I often check which courier shops use and request one of the above if possible.

Never actually had a problem with JE James. Generally very good, when you have a problem, shame about the courier (It puts me off so unless it is particularly cheap or unique I go elsewhere).

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Oh god not another one! I got a car from APC which think stands for Absolute pile of crap and now have to make a 50 mile round trip to collect it. JE James come on here and defend these people.
    Why not use Royal Mail? Works just fine for everyone else.

trailmonkey

cynic al + 1

Seller's responsibility right up to the point of delivery, especially if there's any money being made on the carraige part of the order, although I don't know that this is the case with J E James.

Could be worse, try living in Devon and ordering from Octopron. Delivery woes taken to a whole new level. Then again what else should you expect I guess.

rootes1

APC makes Parcel Farce look professional…..

romster
    Free Member

Give our com's dept a call or email in on cycles-r@jejamescycles.co.uk so they can address the issues above with APC if you haven't already. It's frustrating from our point of view because for every 1 order with an issue of this nature, there's 100+ successful deliveries. Saying that though, APC's actions obviously hold a massive contribution to the overall JE James shopping experience so any negative feedback will be addressed accordingly. I hope you get sorted mate and gutted for you re the charity ride, if there is anything I can do further to this, email me on stforum@jejamescycles.com and i'll pick it up monday.

Coyote
    Free Member

f there is anything I can do further to this, email me on stforum@jejamescycles.com and i'll pick it up monday.

Nothing like going the extra mile for the customer.

How about sending the OP a replacement by Special Delivery and sorting out APC as a side issue.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Father in law has gone to get it for me. Paid in beer 🙂

MussEd
    Free Member

Had the same issue with them a month ago. Card through the door stating thy required a signature, not quite the 50mile round trip but a pain to head to Leith for a mech hanger that easily fit through the letter box.

Surprise, surprise when I got there the effing thing was out being delivered! This time the driver decided he would stick it through the door after all – amateurs. AND their office was a stinking manky messy hole… no wonder stuff goes missing.

project
    Free Member

I used to be a member of a book club, got a card, 3 weeks after the book should have been delivered to pick it up from depot as they wouldnt redeliver,but they had obviously delivered a card.

So 40 miles latter, arrived at shed city, to find their depot, box was there book missing, so further enquiries by the chap behind the counter found the book in the staff canteen, being read by a staff member, for some reason they got rid of a few staff ,and got taken over by a new company, same management, new vans and some different staff.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the bloke who said – choose royal mail, what about the moaners who say CRC are shit because the "royal fail" did not deliver – you cannot please some people!!

Why won't JE James deliver to a work address? It's the only online company that I use that won't. It's just annoying, especially when my nearest APC depot is a 50 mile round trip (this seems to be a common problem).

GSuperstar
    Free Member

@eccola

If you ship to an address other than the card holders registered one, this can cause security issues for the charging company. Such as 'claw-backs' etc

Coyote
    Free Member

Why won't JE James deliver to a work address? It's the only online company that I use that won't. It's just annoying, especially when my nearest APC depot is a 50 mile round trip (this seems to be a common problem).

Easy. Either use LBS or an on-line retail store who has contracted a competent delivery service.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘J E James Delivery company GRRRR (APC delivery)’ is closed to new replies.