Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • I've ridden the future – and it's available to demo at Pedal & Spoke in Peaslake
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i've occasionaly scoffed at pepole riding big bikes around surrey hills, only for them to go and launch off something i'd consider a small climb and land about 30ft away. i shut up after that.

dropoff

From what I can see the biggest advantage is that you can fly with it without going over your allowance 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it still amazes me how people cant except what other people want to ride

I couldn't care less what people ride so long as they're enjoying themselves, but the original topic was that yet another bouncy bike was somehow a step change in wonderfulness…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

geetee, its cool to see someone get so enthused about a bike, ridicule or no ridicule from the jaded STW lot.

Agree with this. An interesting and informative post. Thank you geeteenn.
    I ride a bike with 1/4 of an inch less travel than the Nomad around most trails and love it. Hmmm… mine weighs 27lbs too, so no need for me to spend out. And thanks to you, I now know that.
    (My name's not Dave btw)

geetee1972
    Free Member

DezB – your post is useless without pics! 😆

What are you riding?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tell you what, I bet the carbon Nomad doesn't climb as well as the £157, 18 year old Kona Cindercone SS I've recently built myself…..

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

DezB – your post is useless without pics!
    What are you riding?

Can't you work it out? 1/4 of an inch (let's say .25") less than 6?

🙂

(2006 model btw, although not being ridden for a few weeks as its in bits)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Can't you work it out? 1/4 of an inch (let's say .25") less than 6?

my knowledge of travel encompases 3 values: none, some & lots…

DezB
    Free Member

none, some & lots…
    I have those 3 bikes.

heihei

Geetee – interesting post. I'm looking to get the Mojo HD demo bike (a medium) shipped to HftH in Dorking at some point in the near future – we should try and arrange a back-to-back with the carbon Nomad as I think that would be a killer test. The Mojo HD has the advantage that Ibis are going to be doing two sets of shock mounts which will allow you to run it at either 140mm or 160mm travel at the rear (although will require 2 different shocks).

To the others questioning the need for a big bike around Surrey Hills I would just echo GT's point – if you know where to look, there are more 6ft+ jumps and drops littered around than you can shake a stick at. Sure – they can be ridden on hardtails etc by very (very) good riders, but for the rest of us, the safety margins provided by a big bike gives you the confidence to move outside your comfort zone, then perhaps go back and ride them on something smaller. I ride an Evil Sovereign for hardtail kicks, and an Intense Slopestyle as the skill-compensator, and each has it's place around the Surrey Hills.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I've ridden the future – and it's available to demo at Pedal & Spoke in Peaslake’ is closed to new replies.