Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I've rediscovered the joys of WALKING !!! (redsocks forum needed ! )
  • oldfart

As there is currently no chance of getting anywhere by bike or driving to bike round here i thought i use shank's pony .Cracking walk everywhere was deserted , roads traffic free , footpaths and fields nice crunchy snow .Wonder if i've got too many bikes now ! 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

GET OUUUTTT!!!

😀

Actually I love walking, when I grew up all family holidays were walking ones. Went to the lakes this year though and looked longingly at lots of footpaths whilst without the bike.

oldfart

Hey Rich how about an inaugral STW group WALK !!!!!!! 8)

fbk
    Free Member

I have to agree. Whilst I should probably mtfu and get the bike out, I have been doing a bit more exploring on foot in the snow and ice.

It's amazing the extra detail you notice and it is incredibly peaceful just me and the dog.

It's just a bit frustrating you don't really get anywhere. And the downhills are nowhere near as enjoyable-I'd have killed for some skis in Hafren forest last week 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Not got a problem doing a decent hill walk in place of a mountain bike ride.

Only problems I have is with the stupid "git orf my land" townies who buy a patch of countryside and know **** all about access & rights of way and the Ramblers Association as an organisation who are not content with 95% of RoW being exclusively footpaths, and want the other 5%, and who think they represent "all" leisure countryside users.

No point in conflict between users when we're all out for a nice time.

Kahurangi

I went for some lovely walks on Friday (took the day off work 😀 ) but you don't cover ground very quickly, do you?!

twang
    Free Member

I agree jonT. Nice as it is, you dont seem to cover enough ground.
    I find myself holding onto my 'air handlebars' and running and jumping on the downhills…..bet I'm not the only one?

oldfart

GP you need help !!!!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You dirty b*stards…

mrchrispy

admin plz ban these freak0idz

MrNutt
    Free Member

you need a nice modified 4×4!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

ehem, I went mountain biking on tracks around Wells this evening. What is the problem?

oldfart

buzz get with it walking is the new riding ! 😀

grumm
    Free Member

I went mountain biking on tracks around Wells this evening

Spot the mistake. 😉

Def better weather for walking than biking at the moment

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

HA! I use the (rather silly "Mountain biking") term to avoid giving the impression that I went ROAD CYCLING, which would be much too hazardous.

I'd love to do proper mountian biking on proper mountains like the Alps. I also have a srong urge to ride that new "red" track on Aonach Mor this spring.

Walking is good tho – spent most of my 20s and early 30s rambling the hills.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

MrNutt – Premier Member
    you need a nice modified 4×4!

Done that as well, maybe not so much a modified 4×4 but certainly greenlaning trips to Derbyshire & Wales when I owned a Nissan Terrano.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I've rediscovered the joys of WALKING !!! (redsocks forum needed ! )’ is closed to new replies.