Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I’ve pimped my ride(and scratched that itch!)
  • oldfart

Hummer is now back looking it’s best.Just wasn’t happy with odd brakes and old wheels.Now adorned with Hope Hoops Pro 3 SP flavour and tech 2 brakes.All courtesy of Pete at bikecity.biz.THE Mendip hills mountain bike shop.(Use it or lose it!)Hoodies now available!!Thanks also to Jim and Jase though he was on a day off.
    Sorry i digress back to the bike.Don’t want to stop riding it now.Complete with XT drivetrain Thomson stem & post Answer bars rides brilliantly and looks flippin’ gorgeous.(sorry getting carried away it is ONLY a bike after all 8)

gingerflash

never mind the oscars-style thank you speech, where are the photos? 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

where are the pics?

rs
    Free Member

congratulations your the first person to post ‘i’ve pimped my ride’ but failed to provide pics, lets see it!

oldfart

If i knew how i would 😯 !!!!If you explain i can’t guarantee i’ll understand!I am a bit ancient after all.

rs
    Free Member

Open flickr account, free one will do, upload pics to there, right click on picture on flick and copy picture URL, post here and hit the IMG button then past the copied image URL.

oldfart

rs not sure what language that is but i’ll take some pics the weekend and have a crack at posting them.

oldfart

well i’ve opened flickr account so thats that done.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Do you have an aversion to using spaces after full stops?

sharki
    Free Member

just bring it to the tox, photos will follow, you’ll have to put up with getting it dusty though!

mikey74
    Free Member

Glad to hear the Hummer has received the pimping it deserved. I have to agree that you can’t make a post like this without pics :0)

By the way, I was chatting to Scott from T2R yesterday, via facebook. Brought back a load of good memories.

takisawa2

Is this another hypothetical scenario…like taka’s wheel return fiasco that turned out to be all in his head…?

oldfart

Mike just had to be done it looked so forlorn in shabby clothes!!! (space after full stop for rudeboy) Next time you speak to Scott give him my regards and wish him and the rest of the gang a successful season. How’s your riding going BTW ?

oldfart

Sharki i reckon Hummer will look good leaning against Bicknoller post ! Hopefully Knottie won’t get to excited and get camera shake!!! (Though Mr sensible head reckons i should bring full susser ) Any idea where your’e taking me ? Ooh err 😈

judderman
    Free Member

So you took my advice and got some pro3s, you wont be dissapointed them is spot on. that must have been you I seen in Bikecity earlier in the week, seen the bike in the workstand didnt realise it was you! Perhaps you could come out on the Tuesday night rides soon so we can all have a gander. :mrgreen:

oldfart

Judderman Tuesday rides sound good . Need to wait for lighter nights (no lights ) and nothing too techy for now . Pete will explain medical condition .

judderman
    Free Member

I know about the MC I was in the shop when you were telling pete, dont worry about the tech stuff you obviously hav’nt seen me ride (lol very loudly). I have put a post up on the Bikecity forum about a possible new clamp Hope are doing ( I think) to sort out the positioning with regard shifters etc, I will have to remember where I seen the write up to. By the way technically you should leave 2 spaces after a full stop as my tutor keeps nagging me :0)

sharki
    Free Member

Oldfart.

I’m thinking a gentle traverse around the edges of the hills.

How does this sound?

from CPG, ride the drove to triscombe swooping down into greatwood, climbing gently out to dead womans ditch, bearing right down the roadside singletrack till we pick up the great bear, bimbling down lady’s combe and to the grub wagon/pub.

Then back out the easy way…….Dog pound(mostly walkin!) then up and over longstone to Bicknoller post, then traverse the grassy western edge of the hills back to CPG.

Nothing gnarly, nothing technical and mostly smooth and scenic trails.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I’ve pimped my ride(and scratched that itch!)’ is closed to new replies.