• This topic has 52 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • I've noticed an amusing trend on here (well it amuses me anyway)…
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

During the time I’ve been on this forum I have noticed hundred of threads where people moan about the condition of trail centres and how rough they are, this appears to be happening more frequently in recent weeks and months and is something that I find quite bizarre and highly amusing – MOUNTAIN BIKERS MOANING ABOUT ROUGH TRAILS. I dont know about you, but I think mountain biking would not be mountain biking if it was all on smooth manicured paths.

May I suggest that people who think that is mountain biking start their own forum “KittyLitterWorld” may be a good name for it.

Brycey
    Free Member

SBZ, the Internet is a very big place I believe, but you really are wasting it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Applauds brycey.

Coyote
    Free Member

OK, I’ll bite.

On second thoughts, I’ll delete what I was going to say and leave it to someone else…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

These are mountains

You hopefully know what a bike is.

julianwilson
    Free Member

SBZ stylin’ it up on his local mountain, last week:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmqlXiuYII[/video]

dan1980
    Free Member

I’d say those are hills rather than mountains. They’re all under 1000m.

druidh
    Free Member

I can see my last Munro in that pic!

druidh
    Free Member

dan1980 – Member
    I’d say those are hills rather than mountains. They’re all under 1000m.

Since the definition of a mountain in the UK is any land over 600m then what you’d say is irrelevant..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Could you?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Well most other people would call them mountains.

jedi

who cares. if you think you are mountain biking then you are

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I call them ‘Mountings’.

Because it amuses me. 🙂

DarrenH

Hear hear SBZ!
    I’ve just got in from an impromptu hour and half blast around my local trails.
    All the stuff that I normally never get the chance to do-
    Some great cheeky trails I’ve only seen before, step sections and a few jumps.
    Had to heave my bike over fences, barbed wire and styles.
    Had a great old time 😀

Waderider
    Free Member

I like muddy, peaty, rooty, and rocky trails.

Not endless numb hard packed quarry chippings.

People who were mountain bikers before trail centres are more likely understand this.

No one has ever ridden the Cuillin ridge.

antigee

whatever happened to the coffee room? could this post get moved there?

Brycey
    Free Member

Don’t be so bloody patronising. Is this a “who mountain biked first” thread as well as the old anti-trail centre cliche? I get frustrated sometimes by the sanitation, over-biking and over-armouring, then I remember it’s all irrelevant. If people are out enjoying themselves on a single speed rigid or an 8″ DH rather than playing golf or some other sh1te, that’s all that matters.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It’s actually intended as a lets laugh at people who moan about riding rough trails and be thankful for what we’ve got thread.

fergal
    Free Member

The only rideable trails on Skye that are not bog or a precipice are in the valleys, or can you proove otherwise.

roblane65
    Free Member

Hooray… 😆

druidh
    Free Member

To be fair to SBZ, he’s not complaining about folk enjoying themselves on any sort of trail – just about those moaning about the state of the trail centres.

Edit: I was typing that as SBZ was typing his previous response.

Brycey
    Free Member

I’m talking to Waderider

dan1980
    Free Member

Since the definition of a mountain in the UK is any land over 600m then what you’d say is irrelevant..

Just so I know, and so that I can avoid it happening to me in the future, what crawled up your arse and made you decide to be unpleasant this evening?

I didn’t say anything about stating a standard definition, was giving my opinion, to which I’m entitled to, regardless of how wrong you may think it is. Fundamentally this is an irreverent thread, so why take it so seriously and come across as being unpleasant? Does it make you feel all big and important? Does it give you a little buzz inside. Are you trying to make up for your own inadequacies and feel you should be unpleasant to people who don’t hold your view of the world?

Perhaps you didn’t sleep much last night and are grumpy, perhaps you’ve had a bad day at work. When I’m grumpy I go out on my bike and I ride for a while around bridleways near where I live. Sometimes I go and look at the ducks at the local park with their funny walks. Occasionally I’ll go and treat myself to something nice from the local deli, or buy myself something new. Every so often, when I’m feeling particularly cross with the world, I’ll let my pet mice run around my lounge and I’ll watch their funny antics. Maybe I’d even put my favorite music on, on my mp3 player and listen to it for a while whilst doing a crossword or a sodoku puzzle.

What I don’t do, is come and take my grump out on random people I don’t know on the internet. So please, if you’re in a mood don’t post things that come across as nasty to people. It’s just not nice, and the world would be a much friendlier place if we could all just get along.

If you’re not in a mood, and just being an arse, the same things about being friendly to people still applies.

Thanks
    🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

That’s because we don’t really have any mountains.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Dan1980 – are you sure about that?

Waderider
    Free Member

Brycey – If you feel patronised it doesn’t bother me, I don’t know you, and am just stating my opinion.

Feel free not to read or respond to my posts in the future.

dan1980
    Free Member

Sure about what SBZ?

druidh
    Free Member

What are you thinking SBZ – is Dan1980 mibbe over-reacting a tad?

Brycey
    Free Member

“People who were mountain bikers before trail centres are more likely understand this.”

A wee bit patronising no?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Dan1980 – 1st sentence 4th paragraph. You sure you dont take grumps out on people you dont know?

Druidh – I’m suspecting he lives in the flatlands so has a reason to be bitter.

grum
    Free Member

I’ll bite. I love rocky trails, generally the rockier the better, but I’m not that into badly maintained trail centres where there’s loads of braking bumps and washed out berms.

The single worst thing about this place is the way people love to look down on other riders for some perceived faux pas.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Perhaps you didn’t sleep much last night and are grumpy

ton

patronising is good when used in certain ways……… 8)

dan1980
    Free Member

I do most of my biking around New Mills in the Peak district, the area isn’t particularly flat.

I do tend to keep my grumpyness to myself on the internet. That doesn’t stop me being an arse when the mood takes me though. I do generally feel bad afterwards though and think about peace, love and all that jazz to to my fellow man.

radoggair
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    who cares. if you think you are mountain biking then you are

What if your on a road bike riding on a road wearing armour and baggies, thinking your mtb’ing. Are you mountain biking then?

Thought not!! In your face Jedi, in your face

TheFlyingOx

dan1980

that was all a big joke, right?

Right?

druidh
    Free Member

TheBrick – Member
    Perhaps you didn’t sleep much last night and are grumpy

In that case, wouldn’t I be Sleepy?

jedi

you think, therefore you are

craig1975
    Free Member

I agree with the OP…

partyboy
    Free Member

I think dan1980 has issues 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘I've noticed an amusing trend on here (well it amuses me anyway)…’ is closed to new replies.