Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • I've not ridden my mountain bike since…
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

July 1st!!! 😯 😥

A combination of being busy with work and having a new baby has meant I’ve been looking forlornly out of the window at the sunny weather and not actually enjoying the dusty trails.

Make me feel better and tell me your horror stories of when you last actually rode your bike.

PS I don’t want to see responses such as “this morning” thank you very much 😆

scaled
    Free Member

Tuesday, when i broke it 🙁

nealglover
    Free Member

This morning Morzine to St Jean Daulps and back by the river.

And again this afternoon, in Les Gets.

(Sorry)

Yak

10days.
    Since Bonty. Then holiday with no bikes, now catching up on work so no bike time. Hopefully fix that in the next day or 2.

You will get some bike time – your baby will soon settle into regular sleep/ feed patterns and you’ll both get more efficient at all the routines.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Attempts jealousy death ray gaze on glover
    Last night but only to check it worked with the panniers on

D0NK

Erm better not answer, is commuting not an option? Unless you are very lucky it’s a poor substitute but it can do the job. Late night/very early morning ride?
    When we started spawning tuesday night rides were pretty much a constant – the only guaranteed riding time I had, mrs seemed pretty cool with that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

36km in the last 2 months following work trips gastro crash damage to me and a few other things.

andytherocketeer

endomondo sent me an email telling me off for not submitting any activity in July. So it must have been June.

and I won’t have time to get on the bike in August. Maybe I could get out for a quick blat on 31st.

nemesis
    Free Member

17th July – house move, holiday and upcoming road event mean I probably won’t ride one for a while either.

scandal42
    Free Member

Last night

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I do hope so Yak. It’s our 3rd child but our other two were Autumn babies so being stuck inside with them wasn’t quite as painful as it has been this Summer with number 3.

D0NK

Last night but only to check it worked with the panniers on

panniers? good god, tell me this is for the commuter, don’t want you turning up to rides with panniers (full of hand weaved artisanal tofu no doubt)

nickewen
    Free Member

Start of June… I haven’t even got a good excuse. Do a weekly ride with a mate on my hybrid that’s about it!

seadog101

Day before yesterday, but that was the first time since mid June; work away from home, and v busy since coming back.

Probably just get one more brief scoot before heading away to work next week…

spawnofyorkshire

last friday, but i’d had horrendous brad pitts all day so it was a dangerous endeavour.
    A couple of times i had to drop back 50yrds or so from the gf and my mate so i could have a danger fart… no sharting thank god

Hadn’t been to Ogden in ages and really enjoyed it, even if it was a bit soggy (the trail, not my kecks)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Last night 😀

But it’s been slim pickings since miniS#2 came along – and last night involved two punctures, a buckled wheel and a split tyre.

sazter

Sunday but I crashed, so 2 weeks of no bikes, then 4 weeks taking it easy. Stupid bones. 🙁

LMT
    Free Member

Last Wednesday, getting trickier to get out on the mtb lately, after a big crash OH prefers me not to go mtb’ing alone, as all my mates work same job as me, means its difficult to get a few hours in. Road bike on the other hand is getting loads of miles in.

On hols in 2 weeks hoping to get a blast in wales and the FOD.

lunge

September last year. Lots of road miles but my MTB it sat not doing very much at all. I’d sell it if I felt it was worth anything.

badnewz
    Free Member

Tuesday, but feeling it on the legs so resting up until Saturday.

prawny

Monday and tuesday, got up this morning for a quick blast before work but couldn’t be bothered. Watched, highlights of the tour of poland instead.

Will be going out in the morning though, definitely. 5.30am.

ekul
    Free Member

Since mid July when I got back from the White Room! Not even put my bike back together yet. Not been helped by dislocating my finger in a 7’s tournament a week later so not been able to grip things.

Definitely going to try and get out this weekend though… Maybe…

cookeaa

Its been a couple of weeks, just had a busy time with other stuff, its summer so weddings, kids parties all the other crap gets in the way…

I’m Assembling a new Road bike and I’ve been riding my fixie to work, that’s something I suppose… but the MTB needs use or it starts feeling unloved…

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Own business, 2 small children. Enough said.

maxtorque

EKUL, snap!

Since ….. i got back from a week with Stevio/Iona and The White Room reprobates in Les Arcs about 10 days ago…….

(suddenly, my local trails, look, frankly, pathetically tame ;-(

I want to be here again:

(which is funny because at the time i was cacking myself……… 😉

tomhoward

Couple of weeks, terrified of injury before setting of to Whistler on Saturday 😀

cakefacesmallblock

Last Sunday and appallingly at that. Woefully slow and struggling to get into any sort of rhythm . This was the point when I realised that the cold I’d had the previous week , had in fact, left me with a chest infection. Half way through a course of antibiotic mow and starting to feel as though this coming Sunday could be a riding day.

hatter

Since I caught this bloody bronchitis, that just… will… not… **** off!

Very bored of this now.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

4th July – stupidly had an otb at forest of dean on the blue (!) trying to catch someone else before the uplift bus.

Hit a log that I had seen before and thought that was in a dodgy position after a corner, and then managed to hit it later on.

Crunched my left shoulder and there is still a swelling over my ac joint 🙁

Was trying to be careful before a holiday to the Maldives, but luckily it didn’t mess it up too much, just couldn’t swim quite as much as I wanted 🙁

ska-49
    Free Member

… since I got my CX bike sorted.
    I can get long road miles in with some fun detours through the fields.

sandwicheater

Same here and feel bad. Nasty off followed by man flue and then too much time on the internet which led to purchasing new frame and stripping old bike down.

Every time I plan to build it up something comes along. Will try and finish off next week.

nedrapier

proper Emm-Tee-Beeing – May 😳

Razz round the park to try a new tyre – July

See-Ecksing – big ride last Friday.

mrjmt
    Free Member

11th May fractured scaphoid and capitate.

Just starting to venture out on the road this week.

rossatease
    Free Member

This morning.

jo_h
    Free Member

July 2013 was my last proper ride, currently on the sofa recovering from surgery to remove a nerve from my foot. Looking forward to getting on the turbo at some point (something I never thought I’d ever say!). Hope that helps!

MoreCashThanDash

Didn’t ride it at all in July. Couple of laps of the Glentress green routes with tbe kids last week and a local pootle last night to justify a pint afterwards.

grum
    Free Member

Last Wednesday (though that was Sticks Pass, and the day before we’d done Bottowdale Bash plus Warnscale) 🙂

andyr
    Free Member

May 17th when I tore my right adductor muscle (inside thigh at the top). 2 days after that I tore the calf muscle in the same leg…

It’s making me 🙁

core

Sunday – 17 miles on and off road, including about 3 or 4 miles through local woods.

Off again this afternoon, early finish!

lcj

Starting training for the Ride London Surrey some months ago (still dont feel ready though!) Looking forward to doing it, but also to it being done so I can ride the mtb without feeling I should be on the road bike!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘I've not ridden my mountain bike since…’ is closed to new replies.