Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I've never taken holy communion.
  • Rubber_Buccaneer

What are the crackers and wine like? Worth all the religious crap or not?

iBaa
    Free Member

I get my crackers and wine from Tesco

skids
    Free Member

the crackers is rice paper like you get on small cakes

totalshell

the wine is bought in bulk and normally kept in the priests front room pre match.

rOcKeTdOg

Body of christ, blood of Christ. Doesn’t sound to appetizing tbh

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Brought up a catholic in Christian Brother schools, I have NOTHING to do with religion since leaving school.

Religion caused and still causes more death than anything I can think of, surpassed only by the mosquitto perhaps?

Sorry, the wine is kept by the “man in a frock “and the rice paper tastes like paper.

It’s certainly not worth sitting there listening to the “man in a frock “drone on and on about the “bloke in the sky”

underthethumb
    Free Member

Me neither, went to the front once ‘out of duty’, my 5 year old had to remind me to not to put out my hands out for the biscuit but rather cross my arms.

Same son, now 8, has decided that the compromise is to believe in my story of evolution and science and mums story of the ‘bloke in the sky’ are of equal merit – will update you in a couple of years – if he’s not turned vegan that is

Wife tells me the wine is just cheapo cooking wine, not great by any stretch

gears_suck
    Free Member

The host is unleavened bread. (Wheat flour and water) Too much of it and you’ll have the equivalent of a stomach full of wallpaper paste.
    Besides, unless you are there for the proper reasons, why bother?
    Indeed why bother at all with your mockery?
    It’s in bad taste.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Was an altar boy ages ages ago, white circle bread is tasteless , and cheap grape wine eww! ..we are naughty little bastards back then but never ever fancy once drinking it and not because of the bloke in the sky, a 2 litre a pound cider in Aldi definitely taste better.

Sui
    Free Member

underthethumb – Member
    Me neither, went to the front once ‘out of duty’, my 5 year old had to remind me to not to put out my hands out for the biscuit but rather cross my arms.

Same son, now 8, has decided that the compromise is to believe in my story of evolution and science and mums story of the ‘bloke in the sky’ are of equal merit – will update you in a couple of years – if he’s not turned vegan that is

Wife tells me the wine is just cheapo cooking wine, not great by any stretch

Sounds just like my house..

Rubber_Buccaneer

Thanks for the opinions, as a result I will skip church and go for a ride this fine Sunday morning. Damnation may or may not await 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

Indeed why bother at all with your mockery?
    It’s in bad taste.

Organised religion based on imaginary superhero’s (walking on water, making bushes spontaneously combust etc) is not exempt from piss taking, you might believe its in bad taste but not everyone is that gullible..

slackalice
    Free Member

Oh goody! We haven’t had one of these for at least a week, where metaphors can be dismissed en masse by science 🙄

Have fun people, I’m off to ride my bike 8)

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The Mrs is just off the church now, I’m missing it …. shame l quite fancied it this morn

But then it’s more fortified wine watered down at my local… and if the pie n liquor is not too heavy handed with the water you get a nice little shot of Port… great on a winter’s morn or if you are hanging from the night before.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Have fun people, I’m off to ride my bike

Godspeed! 🙄

IanMunro
    Free Member

Given the addictive nature of Pringles, I’m surprised they’re not all over this.
    Communion Pringles – now in Pope flavour!

slowoldman

I think you’ve hit on the answer to falling congregations there.

sbob
    Free Member

I’ve never been to church, but as a good Catholic when I do attend that will be the first thing I confess.

somafunk

Religious folk are all a bit whiney and crackers surely?.

Frankers
    Free Member

What is your point?

Is it to mock those who choose to go Church? or are you genuinely interested in what it tastes of?

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s in bad taste.

That’ll keep the wine company then

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Frankers, you need ask? Just another example of why religion bating is acceptable.

OP, no is the answer for you.

chewkw
    Free Member

Genuine question does everyone drink from the same cup? 🙂

binners

It’s not that enjoyable in itself, but it does offer the opportunity to be instantly forgiven for all your (many) sins by sitting in a cupboard and telling a bloke in a dress, sat in an adjacent cupboard, about them, through a letterbox. There are a few Hail Mary’s involved, but it’s still a pretty good deal.

Also, life takes on a nicer aspect when you know you’re one of gods chosen ones, and therefore innately superior to other mere mortals. Ask Tony. He’s never looked back!

footflaps

Ask Tony. He’s never looked back!

He certainly doesn’t seem to feel any guilt for the death of 500k Iraqis…

binners

Exactly! You can do that kind of shit if you’re a left footer. You just say sorry ( in a cupboard, to a bloke in a dress) and the slates wiped clean! No wonder he fancied it! I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t

mrlebowski
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

and therefore innately superior to other mere mortals

Surely that’s the point of STW’s regular threads on religion, ie, to engage in a bit of self-congratulatory flattery and restate how intellectually superior everyone who rejects religion is ?

Why else would there need to be constant reminders of how silly people who have religious views are ?

binners

Yeah, well they can indulge themselves all they like in this life, come the day of reckoning, it’s pointy pitchforks up the jacksey, and flaming damnation for the rest of eternity.

I’m hedging my bets

CountZero

Unless it’s a quality red, and the crackers have a really sharp cheddar with them, I’m out.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘I've never taken holy communion.’ is closed to new replies.