Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • I've mastered it!!
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Look great. The problem I have with this though is that the egg is wet when it comes out of the pan and you end up with soggy toast 🙁

I’ve been using the cling film method for about 8 years now and still believe it to be the best in every way. [so there].

sadexpunk

Oh pants, sorry sadexpunk. All I can say is that although supermarket eggs, they were bought today – might be a factor.

maybe so, i tend to buy my eggs in bulk so theyre sat around a while.

Look great. The problem I have with this though is that the egg is wet when it comes out of the pan and you end up with soggy toast

slotted spoon??

I’ve been using the cling film method for about 8 years now and still believe it to be the best in every way. [so there].

probably quite successful, but a bit of a faff? clingfilms bloody awful stuff, keeps sticking to itself 😀

slowoldman

slotted spoon??

Eggzackly.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fresh eggs is a big factor IMO. And I actually like the taste of a wee splash of white wine vinegar in the cooking water, also some nice fresh tarragon on top. Yum.

sharkbait
    Free Member

slotted spoon?

Obviously, but the egg is still wet. Cling film is hardly any hassle and also means the pan does not need cleaning afterwards.

Dibbs
    Free Member

We’ve got an outage on at work at the moment (1000 extra people on site) and someone in charge of the two canteens has decided that it’s too difficult to do fried eggs. 😯

spooky_b329

After years of frothy eggs I discovered the pre-warming method and its a winner. You can be quite rough with dropping the eggs in and they still turn out good.

I tend to put them on the grill pan and let them drain briefly before putting them on the toast.

Cougar

Eggs should not be stored on the refrigerator door, but in the main body of the refrigerator to ensure that they keep a consistent and cool temperature.

But that’s foreign advice.

In the US, it’s illegal to sell unwashed eggs. In the UK, it’s illegal to sell washed ones. Also, in the UK hens are required to have salmonella vaccinations, not so in the US. (I’m not sure about Canada where that article was printed).

So, due to the salmonella risk and because the washing process affects the shells (it can encourage salmonella to transfer from outside to inside), US eggs need to be stored in the fridge. UK eggs do not have these problems and so should be stored in their box in the cupboard to avoid the chance of them absorbing odours from other strong flavours in the fridge like cheese.

HTH.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Good advice Cougar.

Still, it’s all irrelevant as OP and most of the deviants on this thread seem to think that this, abomination of boiling eggs incorrectly, is somehow tolerable in a civilised society.

You’ll all freaks and when I am in charge anyone caught doing this to an egg [or for that matter opening the fat end if they do somehow manage to boil one the right way] will be first against the wall to be egged.

*flounces*

*stick head back around the door*

“You’re supposed to fry the damn things!”

**struts away**

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘I've mastered it!!’ is closed to new replies.