Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I've just watched the new Star Trek movie
  • genesis
    Free Member

Blimey, when did sci-fi get this good?

peachos
    Free Member

i watched it a few weeks ago and the next logical (f*ck…im turning into one of them) step was to start watching the original series. almost finished season 1 and it's great. and lot's of hot 60's spacewomen to boot!

the film is awesome too. never had an interest in star trek before watching it.

Smee
    Free Member

That'll make 3 of us then. I think it's because its a bit of a send up that makes it so good.

Harry_the_Spider

I got it on DVD for Christmas. Good innit?

I liked the bit where Kirk sits in the captain's chair like Shatner used to… then Spock tells him to shift his arse.

twang
    Free Member

you wait until you get into 'the next generation'.. Jean-Luc Picard…he da man!……ENGAGE!!!!

genesis
    Free Member

The bit where the fleet goes to warp was on loud enough to make the windows rattle! I love my Denon cinema gear.

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto. I thought it was pretty good. Enjoyed the red cannon fodder flying into the fire jet/drill thing 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I suspect there are loads of in-jokes that I will only spot once i've watched it again.

e.g. Mr Scott had a Tribble on his desk.

daveob
    Free Member

Brilliant in'it!

genesis
    Free Member

Dave you actually paid to be a Premium member and there was me thinking all teachers were tight 😉

MrOvershoot

Yep me an the Mrs watched it a couple of weeks ago and even though she usually isn't interested in Si-Fi she loved it, it might be proper cheesy but good all the same 🙂

As you say Dylan the sound is great on a good HC system 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Liked it. The characters are very good.

fbk
    Free Member

Spooky! Just watched it tonight too.

Great film and amazing effects. It just left you with soo many questions!

Drac

Yup awesome have it on Blu-ray, need to watch it undisturbed though as had to keep switching it off.

walla24
    Free Member

hehe….i remember i saw it in a lovely vue cinema at midnight, they turned it up loud….bass was incredible!
    good movie too 😀

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

Saw it at the imax, bloody hell it was good.

samuri
    Free Member

The new film was best for people over 30 who had watched the originals with Shatner in. It was still a really good film though. Anything after that was a bit crap IMO.

kimbers

im over 30 and loved teh original series and all later ones

it was a good action film , but a bit too polished for my liking

grumm
    Free Member

I enjoyed it apart from the excessive lens flare in virtually every shot. 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I've just watched the new Star Trek movie’ is closed to new replies.