Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I've just replaced the seals on my Fox shock
  • franksinatra

Followed the YouTube vid and noticed that he recommends doing this every 8 to 40 hours of riding. I am slightly over that interval, by about 4 years…

I was amazed at the condition of the shock, inside it looked like new. Just goes to show how well made they are, really impressive stuff considering the abuse they get.

That is all.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I presume you mean rear? The rears don’t tend to get as filthy, although how they are positioned can make quite a difference.
    If the shaft is sloping downwards then water will natuarally run away from the seals, unlike forks.
    Plus I’ve always used a rear shock boot, I know some say not to, but my original Float RL (now retired) was mint inside mainly due to the added protection they offer.

franksinatra

It was rear. Is on a 07 Stumpy so does slope down but pretty exposed to the rear wheel spray

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

mmm…. at my last place of work, the forks on this seasons bikes are already showing signs of wear on the stanchions. they are 4 months old and have, on average, been ridden 3-4 times a week. the anodising has worn through on about have the fleet of bikes. the RS equipped bikes are showing no signs of wear.

Northwind

Just did my RP23 tonight, wee bit of grime in the seals but nothing major. No oil in it mind. Nice bit of kit to work on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I've just replaced the seals on my Fox shock’ is closed to new replies.