Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I've just persuaded my hubby to buy an himself an Mmmbop! :)
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I hope he likes it, otherwise I'll be to blame!

Any votes of confidence to reassure me?

He's currently riding a 456 (after selling his Five), but has been wanting something lighter that climbs a bit better (he has a long body so uses a layback seatpost, which might be partly to blame).

Anyway, the Mmmbop looks perfect geometry wise (especially the long TT), is lighter and I reckon it'll be noticeably stiffer under power too (just hopefully not too harsh), plus for £154 it's worth a shot, eh?!

Show us your pics!

Cheers!

FOG

Goodness, I had just been thinking of buying one but was discouraged by my spouses reaction–'nother bloody bike*** grow up you **** have we nothing better to spend money on, etc. etc.

donks
    Free Member

Second that view as my wife screams like a banshee if i so much as mention buying new tyres let alone a new frame….can you have a word with her please.. 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sounds good – I do like that chocolate 456 though. Blue or green?

sonik
    Free Member

FOG- we must be sharing the spare partner! the exact same reaction here. 😕
    still, my choccy 456 still needs breaking in.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

In reference to comments about your wifes, in a spirit of solidarity I will enter a post of "no comment". Suffice to say though, I get plenty of bike toys as well my hubby! :mrgreen:

Mamadirt: Yeah, the 456 is pretty isn't it. He's just not feeling the love. He's gone for the blue… Shame as he just bought new brown pedals for the 456 🙄

Btw, how's the welded frame? You gonna bring it on our next ride around cwmcarn? 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Blue is good 8) – look forward to seeing it built.

The Tazer is lovely, but I'm not sure it's up to Cwmcarn – the welds look fine but there are a couple of small cracks I'm keeping an eye on – I think this one's gonna need treating with respect – nicest shopping bike I've ever had though 😛

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

nicest shopping bike I've ever had though

Lol! 😆

Oh and you must had an effect on me – I've decided I only have enough love and time for one mtb in my life so am selling my ss inbred! 😯 (Let me know if you want dibs on any of the bits!)

mamadirt
    Free Member

(Let me know if you want dibs on any of the bits!)

Sooo tempting, but I've spent far too much this month already . . . and it's only 4th. I'm sure there was no need to order gold chainring bolts for the Tazer but hey, if it's gonna fold on me, I want it to look good doing it 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I've just persuaded my hubby to buy an himself an Mmmbop! :)’ is closed to new replies.