Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • I've just noticed that… HE'S BACK!!
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

ernie. Where have you been?

lucien

uh?

shermer75
    Free Member

Are you getting your milk again?

DezB
    Free Member

?

wrightyson
    Free Member

In what guise this time?

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1xvyTdBZI&feature=kp[/video]

rickmeister

I was thinking Tj…. or GW, though I know its not going to happen..

piemonster

Sirens sound

brakes
    Free Member

interestingly, I see Ernie as Bert rather than Ernie.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Down there
    In that thread about Blair.

It’s a relief to get his informed analysis once again, instead of all this bickering about hora. 😉

jekkyl

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks for your concerned Woppit 🙂

I have been experiencing an irresistible urge not to post recently. Undoubtedly encouraged by a two month ban.

matt_outandabout

marcus7
    Free Member

well I missed you…. this place was getting a little too right wing recently.. that would never do….

dannyh
    Free Member

Although Ernie and I barely ever seem to see eye to eye he’s always seemed quite reasonable and I haven’t seen him overstep the line more than several others.

Assuming this is not the North Korean branch of STW, can anyone shed any light on what he did to get banned? Or is this verboten?

I am still not cliquey enough on here to know whether I’ve just signed my own ban warrant, but I am curious nonetheless. Or is it a banning offence to ask about bans?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Waheyy, welcome back Ernie! I’ve had no-one to dislike while youv’e been away. 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

Welcome back, Ernie. Good to see you. 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks for the welcoming comments – specially from you esselgruntfuttock 🙂 Actually it was my comment on your thread that got me a 2 month ban esselgruntfuttock http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/housing-benefit-how-can-i#post-5498756 Apparently I was “wading in looking for an argument”. Let that be a warning! Although to be fair I hadn’t received any sort of warning or ban for over a year – so I was probably well overdue for one anyway.

🙂

Or is it a banning offence to ask about bans?

Well it’s deeply frowned upon at least, so you’re pushing your luck asking.

racefaceec90

welcome back 🙂

CountZero

Welcome back! Love jekkyl’s photo! 😆
    Group hug, anyone?

grantway
    Free Member

Interesting Ernie, thought your points where structural and valid to the link

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ahh yes, I remember that one, but just to inform you, my tenant WAS claiming housing benefit (but spending it on more important stuff like fags & booze & a dog, which has left a nasty smell in the now uninhabitable house, cos he’s left in a RIGHT state, scruffy git)
    Oh, & budgies. He was breeding budgies as well.
    I’m going back tomorrow with some more bleach & disinfectant. 😆

wysiwyg
    Free Member

duckman

Dannyh..hear that rushing sound coming over your router, that is the sound of Mark and his mighty ban hammer, coming to smite you…
    2 months eh Ernie, I take it 4000 prior offences were taken into account? 😈

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes Duckman, I’m sure the fact that I have on many previous occasions argued, ie expressed an opinion not necessarily shared by everyone, was ‘taken into account’. Although as I have already mentioned I hadn’t received any sort of warning for over a year, which is a bit strange.

And I had to chuckle when I saw simonfbarnes recently claim that he has only been “banned for a total of 34 hours” …. because of course he never likes to argue ! 🙂

Still, who am I to argue.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You got a two month ban for THAT?!

Sheeesh. That’s more than I got for chopping a christian’s legs off….

Cougar

I’m sure the fact that I have on many previous occasions argued, ie expressed an opinion not necessarily shared by everyone, was ‘taken into account’.

Out of interest I went to check as I didn’t know why you’d been banned. Having read back, I’d hazard that if you can’t tell the difference between “expressing an opinion” and “arguing,” that might go a long way towards explaining why your cumulative warnings for arguing now run to double figures (not including warnings for other things).

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Steady the Buffs….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLV24qTnlg&feature=kp[/video]

😉

Welcome back, Ernest.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes Cougar I argue, especially on political threads, terrible isn’t it ? :rolls eyes:

Just like you also do yourself on those seemingly endless religious threads which above all else epitomise pointless arguing. Or is that just expressing an opinion ?

You know as well as I do that the goalposts are moved according to the desired result. I think simonfbarnes (arguer extraordinaire) recent claim that he has only been “banned for a total of 34 hours” proves that, as does the fact that I had not received any sort of warning or ban for over a year. Or would you suggest that it’s probably because I hadn’t argued for over a year ? 😀

somafunk

Eh?…… I’ve read ernie’s post (up there ? ) a few times now and i fail to see his argumentative point?, i didn’t realise you’d been a victim of the ban hammer lottery …..….welcome back.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

ernie –its like an old school yard–do as we say not as we do….more controlled than a neurotic guide dog …

hora
    Free Member

Ernie are you arguing? You have had numerous warnings/bans before and you havent learnt? Ffs just use and enjoy the forum. Ive been banned before. The first was when that Fred fella complained about me putting up pirate images of Somalians. Apparently it was racist to him. Get over it.

Ernie are the mods paid? Or do you think they monitor the forum for free in their free time dude.

Im not looking for a ‘debate’ btw. Many forums around.

Mantastic
    Free Member

I believe he is arguing about what arguing is?

yossarian
    Free Member

Why are you focusing on Rudeboy’s post ? winstonsmith has offered you the perfect solution and yet you haven’t commented on that.
    You asked if you could find out whether a tenant was claiming housing benefit, winstonsmith has told you how to do it, and how you can get the housing benefit paid directly to you.
    Isn’t that what you wanted to know ?

You got a 2 month ban for that?!?!

Holy shit.

Stoner
    Free Member

First they came for the sassensachs…
    then they came for the cockerneys…
    then they came for the carpenters…
    then they came for the wood stovists and there was no one left to chop my wood 🙁

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘I've just noticed that… HE'S BACK!!’ is closed to new replies.