Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I've just killed the tooth fairly
  • bol

My youngest daughter asked me the big question at bedtime tonight. She made me promise to answer truthfully before asking, and I didn’t want to lie to her, but I think I might have misjudged it, because she was really surprised and absolutely distraught. I seriously hope she doesn’t ask the FC question for a few years yet. I feel like a horrible dad, but I think I’d have felt worse lying to her face. Anyone made a better job of it?

Sui
    Free Member

Got a while for that one personally, however I do have a massive dilemma.. the missus is Catholic (I’m positively the antichrist by comparison*), she’s just started teaching the eldest (3.5) about Jesus…. how do I not talk about fiction, I’m certainly not lying….?

*yes this combination is weird..

tinribz
    Free Member

The older siblings must be gutted at being denied the pleasure.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    khani
    Free Member

You bastard!, is Santa next against the wall?

psychobiker
    Free Member

We had similar before Christmas, my daughter (11) wanted to know the truth about Santa.

My wife thought it would be best to tell her the truth as delicately as possible. Which of course upset her quite badly.

At this point I decided to help by saying “I suppose next your gonna tell her the tooth fairies a lie as well”

Cue absolute floods of tears and a glare from the wife.

midlifecrashes

Quick, get her one of these games. Pretty good game actually.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Magic-Tooth-Fairy-Game/dp/B00006L99T

bol

Apparently she is going to try and forget she asked. She’s a resilient little thing for six, but I don’t think we’ve probably heard the end of it.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

FFS what next, first the tooth fairy next Santa, what’s going to happen when you read her a bedtime story you’ll probably go straight to the last page, heartless git 😉

neilthewheel

I seriously hope she doesn’t ask the FC question for a few years yet.

The Forestry Commission doesn’t exist? *sobs*

fasthaggis

Apparently she is going to try and forget she asked. She’s a resilient little thing for six, but I don’t think we’ve probably heard the end of it.

It was a test,you failed.
    HTH

😉

CountZero

At this point I decided to help by saying “I suppose next your gonna tell her the tooth fairies a lie as well”

Cue absolute floods of tears and a glare from the wife.

Is it going to be the kitten or the puppy that gets it next? 😉

CountZero

Heartless bastards, the lot of you! 😉

JAG

If it makes you feel any better my Dad decided his children should know the truth about all of these things (Tooth Fairy, Santa etc…) before they started School.

So we all found out at age 5.

None of us is permanently psychologically damaged – a little cynical perhaps but nothing to dire 😯

wiggles
    Free Member

I was a smart kid (I don’t know what happened to me since…) and cottoned on to the santa and tooth fairy things at a young age, but kept milking it for years because I knew my parents wouldn’t correct me in front of my little brother.

robbo
    Free Member

You need to get used to lying to her… ‘No dear your bum doesn’t look big in that…’ So good job starting early 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was about four when my stepdad said,
    “no such thing as Santa, I bought you those toys”.

I turned out okay (although I don’t reckon much to Christmas). She’ll get over it.

maxray
    Free Member

Am always lying to the kids.. round meaty bit on chops are poisonous, as is the insides of a pie etc 😉

slackalice
    Free Member

Well, at least your tooth died with justice on its side…

Having read the thread title a few times 😉

Harry_the_Spider

richmars

Just don’t start. At Christmas we exchange presents. No need to mention FC. When you loose a tooth, you get a small present.
    Simple.

martinhutch

My two are 11 – they haven’t been formally told yet, but it’s turned into a ‘knowing’ lie, because they don’t want the stockings and quids for teeth to disappear.

I imagine the psychological damage will be considerable. 🙂

(Besides – every time someone says ‘I don’t believe in fairies’, a fairy dies!)

stuey
    Free Member

from “lies to tell children”

eskay

My youngest took the law into his own hands.

We got up one morning and he told us that he knew the tooth fairy did not exist and that we put the money under his pillow. He had a tooth fall out but he did not tell us and put the tooth under his pillow when he went to bed. surprise, surprise there was no money in the moring. Busted!!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I've just killed the tooth fairly’ is closed to new replies.