Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I've just had my identity stolen!!!
  • rosscopeco
    Free Member

All

I’m now the proud(!) owner of 6 new mobile accounts and 1 new bank account, all of which have been fraudulently obtained using my home address.

Over the last 72hrs, we’ve received 5 letters to my home address and 1 x email to my email profile address (which I use ‘exclusively’ for ST stuff)

Just a word of warning, and no offence meant to the vast majority of forum users but I’m almost certain it was stolen from here as my profile email is only used here.

Be careful kids, I’m learning the hard way.

As I say, no offence meant to the majority of us all.

Rosscopeco

choron
    Free Member

Did you put your home address in your profile?

rosscopeco
    Free Member

No, but I’ve posted stuff from the forum with an old postage label still attached. Dumb I know but as I say, I’m learning the hard way 👿

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracker1972
    Free Member

Posted stuff with an old address label? You mean stuff you sold?
    Anyway, seeing as your identity has been stolen, how can we know it’s really you?

I know, what was your mums full name? And the last three numbers on the back of your credit card? 😉

Good luck sorting it out by the way.

seadog101

If somebody wants my identity they must be very sad and desparate.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Some poor sod on the bike forum had this today as well.

Cougar

At the risk of becoming a cliche, run malwarebytes on your PC to check for keylogger infections.

julianwilson
    Free Member

rosscopeco – Member

No, but I’ve posted stuff from the forum with an old postage label still attached. Dumb I know but as I say, I’m learning the hard way

…if you post anything of significant value that you sold in the classifieds, you would be wise to put a return address on the back.

Ebay/paypal has always given buyers the seller’s name and email address (and also their home/postal address if you ask to collect or pay by postal order/cheque). I suppose I am suprised it doesn’t happen more often really. There must be hundreds of people out there from ebay/classifieds/discogs marketplace who have this information about me. 😕

singlecrack
    Free Member

Lucky you …I couldn’t give mine away …..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I've just had my identity stolen!!!’ is closed to new replies.