Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • I've just had an offer that's hard to refuse
  • pebblebeach
    Free Member

Just got an email from dyson, new Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal with £120 off bringing it down to a bargain £340. £460 for a vacuum cleaner, er no thanks I’ll stick with Henry ta.

Cougar

From the font on the front page I thought you said “otter.”

I R disappoint.

martinhutch

Which big-balled animals is it best for?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Not sure but it is a load of bollox. 🙂

z1ppy

Henry’s “moving dust from one part of the room to another since 1980”

wwaswas

From the font on the front page I thought you said “otter.”

You should tarka closer look.

Cougar

Henry’s “moving dust from one part of the room to another since 1980”

Perhaps they’re made by the same people who make Izal toilet paper.

Cougar

You should tarka closer look.

I stoatally should.

Fortunately, when you open the thread it’s weaselly recognisable.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Henrys work very well thanks and when they get a bit tired you buy another one, something you can do many times for the price of a Dyson. Dyson is a marketing genius, made himself a billionaire with a cleaner which has a massive motor as its so inefficient and which makes a huge mess when it’s time to empty it, you don’t have to buy bags though although you can buy many bags the £100’s and £100’s it costs to buy a Dyson.

thepurist

That’s stoatally uncalled for. So with big money off a Dyson would nobody go ferret? Could be a shrewd move.

z1ppy

I wouldn’t buy a dyson, as they went rubbish after they moved the factory to east asian.. but I also wouldn’t buy a vacuum cleaner than relies purely on a paper bag as it’s filter. Yes, great for builder whose dirt tend to be ‘big’ and want something that will last, but as a general vacuum cleaner they suck! (& not in a good way)

Cougar

Henrys work very well thanks and when they get a bit tired you buy another one, something you can do many times for the price of a Dyson. Dyson is a marketing genius, made himself a billionaire with a cleaner which has a massive motor as its so inefficient and which makes a huge mess when it’s time to empty it, you don’t have to buy bags though although you can buy many bags the £100’s and £100’s it costs to buy a Dyson.

Huge mess? Remove cylinder, hold in bin, pull trigger. Total mess = zero.

Think I paid less than £200 quid for my Dyson, maybe 15 years ago. How long do Henrys take to “get a bit tired”?

Klunk
    Free Member

Dyson is a marketing genius, made himself a billionaire with a cleaner which has a massive motor as its so inefficient and which makes a huge mess when it’s time to empty it was basically the air filter off a tiger tank.

nickjb
    Free Member

Dyson is a marketing genius, made himself a billionaire with a cleaner which has a massive motor as its so inefficient

I’d say that was more descriptive of henrys. Dyson have been advocates of small, efficient motors pretty much from the outset.

bearnecessities

Reminds me of a previous attempt at a joke with a previous love (of Indian origin).

Me: “Ever heard of a tarka curry?”
    Her: “Yes”
    Me: “Eh?”

Turns out there is such a bloody thing.

unovolo
    Free Member

No paper bags in my Henry(actually a James as I preferred Yellow) just a great big textile Hepa bag, get far less dust around the house since using this compared to a earlier Dyson and Miele(the Miele was probably the least long lived vac I have owned, followed by the Dyson and then a cheapo Phillips Vac)

rt60
    Free Member

A tarka curry is like a chicken tikka, just a little otter!

allthepies
    Free Member

Cougar

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Gotta say, I’m with Cougar here as have an original animal purple Dyson and used it today and still going strong.

It even gets up my massive animal ball hair.

BillMC

Goes nicely with a ratatouille.

Cougar

It even gets up my massive animal ball hair.

😯

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Seriously, try it sometime, just not too close 🙄

edward2000
    Free Member

I threw my vacuum cleaner out.

It was just gathering dust

matt_outandabout

Sucker…….

andyl
    Free Member

We have 4 vacuum cleaners:

1. Dyson – I do like it when it works but the washable “filters for life” really are not washable and at £12 a pop very regularly it gets expensive.

2. Upright VAX – big, noisy, brute force but just keeps on going. It’s a bit battered but keeps on sucking hard despite lots of pet hair and being bagless.

3. Karcher wet and dry – I bought this for doing DIY and it’s been excellent. You just switch it to blow mode and blow the filter out (outside and notinto the wind) and it’s back to new. I do have some bags for when I am cleaning up more irritating dust.

4. Miele – I really like this and our friend left it for us after he lived with us for a year, it sucks the carpet right up off the floor and is quiet and lightweight (the cleaner likes it as it’s easy to handle). I buy the bags from an internet store (not genuine) and we were going to buy one but this one was left for us.

Next time Vax have their online sale we are going to pick up a cheap carpet cleaner. I really wanted to like the dyson but it just seemed to lose it’s suction too quickly and need the filters replacing.

jimmy

That’s a whole lot of vacuum cleaner right there.

We have one, a Samsung. It sucks ok but is ergonomically rubbish.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I don’t have a Dyson, my girlfriend did when we met 7 years ago, a DC04 that was already a few years old then. I acquired it by marriage.

It “broke once”. Turned out it didn’t like sooking up an entire bare houses worth of dust of various types (brick, cement, garden variety desiccated skin etc.). The uncleanable filter got cleaned, it’s been fine since (it did take about 5 washes to get clean water out of it). The brush rotor stopped working. I cut the hair out that was jamming it up. I have abused it. Badly. It is still working fine at 12 years old.

Henrys, by comparison, are pish. Overhyped lower tier industrial (more commercial really) vacuums. We used them in school and they were rubbish, I have fond memories of hovering my room at least three times to get everything lifted and that was on a daily basis. They are also rubbish for climbing walls using their ‘hats’. They can’t even hold their own weight. Pussies.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I sense a bit of public school boy boarder here 😆

footflaps

The only bag vacuum cleaner i’ve been impressed with are Festool, which seem to maintain their suction right up until the bag is full, but then they have large bag containers, so lots of surface area to suck through. Miele on the other hand seem to have good suction for about 30 seconds then just clog up.

Our main household vacuum is a Dyson Animal, excellent for getting cat hair out of carpets.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Henry hoover had an offer that was hard to refuse…

😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmC62Eg82E8[/video]

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Think I paid less than £200 quid for my Dyson, maybe 15 years ago. How long do Henrys take to “get a bit tired”?

On Friday I thought my Henry had snuffed it after 20 years hard graft. It turned out my daughter had hoovered up most of a 1000 piece Jigsaw and some of the bits clogged it up causing the the safety overheat cut out to , er, cut out.
    Sorted!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘I've just had an offer that's hard to refuse’ is closed to new replies.