Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I've just commited heresy
  • grahamh
    Free Member

It’s a tad warm outside and inside so I’ve put the bottle of Red in the fridge.

andyfla
    Free Member

Nope, lived in France for a while, fairly common there, its only in the UK we have such issues

Stoner
    Free Member

There is an eccentric winemaker near Chinon I spent some time with who insisted that the phrase and recommendation of drinking wine at “room temperature” was taken from the writings of Rimbaud, who at the time would have used the word “chambrage” and it would have referred to the bedroom temperature in a period household which would have been v parky, at around 13-14 degrees and so it is around that temperature at which vin du Loire should be drunk. Since they are primarily raised from Cabernet Franc grapes, I tend to agree. Chinon/Bourgeuil/Samur Champigny I think are all better when a little cooler than normal.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Some red’s work quite well when chilled but 12degC not 5degC. Enjoy it!

ads678

In france they even put ice in Port 😯 It’s actually very nice and how i usually drink it now.

Drac

Klunk
    Free Member

depends on the wine, nicest chianti I’ve ever had spend 2 days in a very warm broads boat cabin.

johndoh
    Free Member

in a very warm broads boat cabin

Is that a warm broad or a hot day in The Broads?

GrahamS

In Oz they drink sparkling chilled red wine, usually Shiraz.

It’s quite nice too.

MSP

Not generally a fan of wine, but I am quite partial to some chilled banrock station sparkling shiraz.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

According to my wine fridge instructions red wine should be at 15 degrees and white wine at 3 degrees.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i remember one bar job i had a guy asked for a red wine and coke with ice. 😯

jambourgie
    Free Member

Nothing more irritating than a food bore/snob proclaiming one shouldn’t do this, or should always do that. If YOU like YOUR red wine chilled; chill away my friend. I personally like a nice chilled Beaujolais, and occasionally; red wine and coke.

I also like my baked beans boiled to buggery until they look like they’ve been sat in a school canteen all day. If one more person tells me that I’m ‘doing beans wrong’…

Mackem

Coke and wine = Kalimotxo – common drink in Basque country.

Personally..
    Good wine at coolish room temperature. Ordinary slighlty chilled.

grahamh
    Free Member

Well just opened the bottle, and it’s just about right.

pondo
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting. I may pop a bottle in the fridge for experimental purposes. 🙂

binners

Do whatever floats your boat. I’d recommend getting some of this…

It’s bloody lovely chilled! And it says on the top “yes, you are meant to put it in the fridge” 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I've just commited heresy’ is closed to new replies.