Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I've just bought a Reverb, which is very exciting but…
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

but there’s no ‘spare’ guides to route it on my Mojo.

Any suggestions on how I should do it, are the stick one guides any good? Do I want to be sticking stuff to my frame? Are there piggyback guides that can attached to the existing ones?

Pictures and suggestions would be great.

rudedog
    Free Member

cable tie to your existing cables?

eyerideit
    Free Member

That’s the plan but I though there might be something else.

honourablegeorge

I used the M-Part stick on one,s have been very good.

Don’t Ibis do bolt on guides for the top tube, or is that just for the HD?

alexdodd
    Free Member

i just zip tied mine, but i dont really care about my aesthetics :p

mrelectric

The seat tube flared guide busts easily and need careful secure alignment ( watch the bending of the to gland on the seat post collar) . TF Tuned do spare ones.
    On my Canyon the u bolt clamps under top tube need careful angling too so IMO its worth get right. bits. Seem en CRC or web somewhere (vague & not entirely helpfulI know).

sandal100

A friend of mine has a mojo with no reverb tabs. He is running 1×10 so we very carefully drilled out the cable guides for the front derailleur to remove the little stop where the outer butts up to and then ran the hose through there. Had to take the barb off so it was just hose as its a very tight fit when threading through but it worked and no problems thus far. No picture I’m afraid as its in his basement!

legend
    Free Member

Are there piggyback guides that can attached to the existing ones?

Your Reverb should’ve come with piggy-back guides

enmac
    Free Member

I used the Jag-wire stick on guides on my Yeti. Seem to work fine. They are stuck to the helicopter taped areas rather than the frame itself so I don’t know if that helps.

unklehomered
    Free Member

ditch the front mech, go single ring, hey presto! Spare cable guides, and less faff on your bike*

*probably not.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Your Reverb should’ve come with piggy-back guides

It’s one of the OEM ones from On One so it came in a bag with the post, remote and one zip tie / guide.

I’m planning on a 1×10 setup eventually but I’m sorting the bike out for a mince in the Alps next week.

richmtb

Nothing wrong with using cable ties.

Just think about where you are placing them and there is no reason you can’t make it a nice neat job

dlr

As honourablegeorge said, m-part stick on guides, used them on a variety of bikes and never come unstuck etc, have them here although I got from CRC I think http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/rim_brake_spares/mpart_stickon_cable_guides/c5p10896.html

legend
    Free Member

It’s one of the OEM ones from On One so it came in a bag with the post, remote and one zip tie / guide.

In that case, you can buy them on eBay for pennies

IA

Zip-tie and a washer.

Can’t find a pic to illustrate what I mean, but loop a cable tie round the hose, put both ends through a small washer, then round a frame tube.

That make sense? neat and works well.

banks
    Free Member

New frame?

eyerideit
    Free Member

New frame?

There’s a thought, I quite fancy a HD.

Zip-tie and a washer.

Sounds good I’ll try that. I was thinking 2 zip ties looped together, but your suggestions sounds better.

Expect a ‘What titanium washer thread’ immanently.

IA

I recommend nylon washers, stop anything scratching etc and they deform a bit so it works even better. Lighter too 😉

eyerideit
    Free Member

Thanks IA.

extremenik
    Free Member

Mine was a simple and cheap solution-if you are happy bleeding your parts.
    Take the rear brake hose off and run a length of black heat shrink over that is wide enough to put the Reverb hose through too.

Put the Reverb hose through, re-attach bleed the Reverb and brake and it looks pretty clean as you now have a single line from front to rear.

To finish it put one cable tie around the seatclamp to hold the Reverb hose tight and turn the seat 360 degrees. The hose then coils around the post and when the seat extends up and down the slack cable doesn’t catch the tyre/suspension.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘I've just bought a Reverb, which is very exciting but…’ is closed to new replies.